Z10's fat bezel is very 2009. The phone looked outdated the day it was released. With a plastic phone, they tried to fight with a known iphone 4, all good looking made of glass and metal.

Z30 uses the screen in a much more efficient way, and feels a lot more expensive that what the Z10 ever did, maybe more fragile, but the cheapest phones on the market tend to be the most tough
    09-28-14 07:49 PM
    The Z10 is a great device even with it's battery shortcomings. However, comparing apples to oranges in order to convey fact, is rarely a successful discussion.

Fact of the matter is, the Z10 needs a successor so that all it's negative points can be addressed. The Z30 is a completely different phone and in its own class as far as I'm concerned and should never be compared or pitted up against the likes of its little brother!

Give Z30 battery life (removable) in a Z10 form factor with a better CPU and camera. I'd be all over that!

Look! It's Zedzilla10! ?
    Spot on Carmels. Z30 is a great phone no though. To answer Ops question. No the Z10 falls short to the Z30 and Passport.
    09-28-14 08:28 PM
    That was interesting reading all about z10 I think it's an awesome phone I can txt faster than any other of my friends cause of the prediction thing or whatever I want a passport cause its newest BlackBerry and yes here recently my battery cable is not good at all but I think a new battery will solve that only 30 dollars so yeah no biggie

Posted via cb10 Www.youtube.com/spookyentertainment
    09-28-14 09:02 PM
    If you are looking for another battery, may want to look at AT&T web sight. They have the Battery bundle for $10 for the Z10.
    09-28-14 09:17 PM
    Z10 is better than Z30 if only the Z30 tech specs comes in Z10 form...
    We all can nearly compare Z10 tech specs with the Xperia Z...
    BlackBerry OS still rules...

STL100-1 / 10.3.0.1154
    09-28-14 09:38 PM
    I came from a q10. I love it but keyboard problem. So have to send back to service center. Using Z10 for 2 weeks now. I really like the size. My typing is still bad but manageable. I think this size is perfect even for me with small hands. I was so surprised with the back cover feel. I was expecting like those plastic used in s4 or samsung but it wasn't. I like passport but seems too big. I wear skinny jeans though I don't think it will bend lol. I'm curious if blackberry will release mini versions of passport or z30. Z30-mini will belike the size of z10. That will be perfect.

Z10
    09-28-14 10:28 PM
    I'm gonna say it for the millionth time.... the successor to the Z10 is the Z30!
    09-28-14 10:32 PM
    I have the z10 and the z30. I use the z30 due to size and battery life but wish they would have used the same build quality as the z10.

Posted via CB10
    09-28-14 10:45 PM
    The Z10 would be perfect with a hardware slider keyboard, FM radio, and Miracast support. I'm going to keep the Z10 to play movies. There's this weird software or hardware glitch that outputs content as 3D. I get free conversion that makes my 2D movies 3D!

Carbon Fiber Z10 w/Leather Holster
    How does this work? I've never heard of that.

Posted via CB10
    09-28-14 10:49 PM
    I'm gonna say it for the millionth time.... the successor to the Z10 is the Z30!
    Please tell that to Verizon which has discontinued the Z30.
    09-29-14 12:44 AM
    Yeah I went there. Dropped my Z30 (moment of silence) and had to go back to my Z10. I forgot how much I like the size and build quality. WIFI is stronger and just is a smooth experience.

The Passport is cool but pushing ultra-book status.

On a related note...not a fan of Android. Iphones are sweet but too expensive. Z10 is the best phone for the money. Can't wait for the next generation.

Posted via CB10
    Well I'm glad you went there OP. I've had the Z10 since day 1 and I've never found a refine to upgrade. The next one will be the Classic and that's only because of the physical send/end buttons.

Upgrade to the Z30? Hardly an upgrade. Also Passport? OK but that's like selling your sports car for an RV. Not the same.

There are a few issues I have with my Z10, namely no radio, no OTG and average battery life but if BlackBerry made a monster upgrade to this size format, it will be a beast.

Posted via CB10
    09-29-14 01:51 AM
    Well I'm glad you went there OP. I've had the Z10 since day 1 and I've never found a refine to upgrade. The next one will be the Classic and that's only because of the physical send/end buttons.

Upgrade to the Z30? Hardly an upgrade. Also Passport? OK but that's like selling your sports car for an RV. Not the same.

There are a few issues I have with my Z10, namely no radio, no OTG and average battery life but if BlackBerry made a monster upgrade to this size format, it will be a beast.

Posted via CB10
    A passport isn't an upgrade but a classic is, with an iPhone 4 screen size, smaller memory (same as Z30), slower CPU (same class found on Z30) and non future proof Wifi, just because it has a physical send and end button. Yeah ok..that makes A WHOLE LOT of sense.

If Z10 to passport was like a sports car to an RV, then the classic would be a bicycle with wooden wheels.

Posted via CB10
    agesparza likes this.
    09-29-14 02:09 AM

If Z10 to passport was like a sports car to an RV, then the classic would be a bicycle with wooden wheels.

Posted via CB10
    Exactly

Posted via CB10
    09-29-14 02:41 AM
    I see them as 2 different devices, as opposed to one being the successor/upgrade to the other. Some really like the Z10 size and screen, but would like better battery life and upgraded internals without having to get a larger device. I know lots say they did not notice a decline in the screen quality going from Z10 to Z30 - I did. Z10 screen for me is superior. Z30 is not as crisp and I get eye fatigue that i don't recall getting with the Z10. Not sure of the reason, but that's my story and i'm sticking to it.
    (Unrelated, but I liked that my Z10 had the flat sides and I could stand it up.)

white Z30 STA100-5
    09-29-14 07:54 AM
    Whole day?!?

Heavy use?!?

You talking about a full 24 hours? What is your definition of "heavy' use? Do you have one of those aftermarket batteries that are like 4500 mAh? Did you get some sort of secret model released from BB that no one else has?

Lol im playing......kinda......
    Twenty four hours ? I am talking eight to twelve on average. Heavy use is the browser, email, different apps like news CrackBerry-phone calls. I typically have 15-20% left over after heavy use.

Posted via the Android CrackBerry App!
    09-29-14 10:23 AM
    The OS upgrades I feel have made a big difference. Used to see 10% per hour battery drain doing nothing. Now down to about 5%. Credit to the developers/tuners.

All Hail Thorsten. Mother and father of my Beloved Z10.

Posted via CB10
    Levi_Asaiah likes this.
    09-29-14 02:21 PM
    A passport isn't an upgrade but a classic is, with an iPhone 4 screen size, smaller memory (same as Z30), slower CPU (same class found on Z30) and non future proof Wifi, just because it has a physical send and end button. Yeah ok..that makes A WHOLE LOT of sense.

Posted via CB10
    I never said the Classic was an upgrade, I just prefer a kb and physical send/end buttons. Different phone types cannot be easily compared because it's up to the preference of the user.

Posted via CB10
    09-29-14 04:40 PM
    I love the minimalistic design of z10, but I totally hate the cheap look of z30 to each their own I guess

Putin Huylo. Slava Ukraini, freedom to Ukraine!
    Icarus3000 likes this.
    09-29-14 04:42 PM
    I see them as 2 different devices, as opposed to one being the successor/upgrade to the other. Some really like the Z10 size and screen, but would like better battery life and upgraded internals without having to get a larger device. I know lots say they did not notice a decline in the screen quality going from Z10 to Z30 - I did. Z10 screen for me is superior. Z30 is not as crisp and I get eye fatigue that i don't recall getting with the Z10. Not sure of the reason, but that's my story and i'm sticking to it.
    (Unrelated, but I liked that my Z10 had the flat sides and I could stand it up.)

white Z30 STA100-5
    Agreed. Z10 to Z30 is a side step to a bigger phone which I didn't want. It's has its better points and drawbacks.

Posted via CB10
    Icarus3000 likes this.
    09-29-14 04:43 PM
    I broke my z10 ended up buying one from blackberry for their employees and ended up getting one for 113 $ including tax and shipping, they were on sale clearing the stock out for the release of passport

Posted via CB10
    09-29-14 04:50 PM
    I have both a Z10 and a Q10. I bounce back and forth since each has unique features I like. My biggest issue on the Z10 was always battery life until I added a Mugen Power 3800 battery. No longer an issue and I like the added thickness for one handed typing.
    09-29-14 04:58 PM
    I broke my z10 ended up buying one from blackberry for their employees and ended up getting one for 113 $ including tax and shipping, they were on sale clearing the stock out for the release of passport

Posted via CB10
    That's a great deal! Good for you!

white Z30 STA100-5
    09-29-14 06:26 PM
    to the Z10!
    09-29-14 10:28 PM
    My passport ****s alll over my z10 and my z30 lol. And I'm so in love with the 13meg camera and this sexy *** keyword. This is just a random pic. Check out the quality lol
    [Opinion] Z10 is still better than the Z30 or Passport-img_20140929_224255.jpg

Pin: 2BD8B320 Channels: C00121E43
    09-29-14 11:41 PM
    I too would like to see a z10 that is the same physical size and will work with the same holsters and cases but has a larger screen. One way to do that is to go to a true 16x9 ratio. I think they could get to at least 4.5 and maybe 4.6 without making the device larger.

Also I would like USB OTG.

Posted via CB10
    09-30-14 06:47 AM
104 12345