We have two Z10s, love them and they are tough phones. Kids have them and use the heck out of them. No complaints. Fits their jeans pocket well and they love the screen and keyboard. Battery bundle is a plus. My son said it is the perfect size for gaming.

Posted via Q10 with 1154
    Mecca EL and AllanQuatermain like this.
    09-27-14 09:06 AM
    I love it. Arguments between BB10 platform owners over which BB is best.
    agesparza and itzJustMeh like this.
    09-27-14 09:08 AM
    To each is own, I prefer to live in the now and sell my current device as soon as a new one is out, that way there is still some value left to it. The Classic won't be my next move but if they release something in the spring I'm there!

Posted Pantlessly via My Kick @ss BlackBerry Passport!!!
    09-27-14 09:21 AM
    To each is own, I prefer to live in the now and sell my current device as soon as a new one is out, that way there is still some value left to it. The Classic won't be my next move but if they release something in the spring I'm there!

Posted Pantlessly via My Kick @ss BlackBerry Passport!!!
    I'm with you. I have/had the z30 and an iPhone 5 and an older Samsung. The quality and size of the z10 rocks though. While the Passport is cool just too big for me.

Posted via CB10
    09-27-14 09:57 AM
    If BlackBerry release a Z10 upgrade that's the same basic form factor and size, has to be under size of the z30, I'll be all over it.

Otherwise the only thing I am interested in is Blend. A colleague has a z30, and while I like it, I don't love it and don't like the size. For me there is no real benefit over my existing z10 device.

Posted via CB10
    Mecca EL and xtremeled like this.
    09-27-14 10:18 AM
    While I don't agree with the OP, I do enjoy my Z10. I'm not interested in the Z30 but was thinking of getting the Passport. I would like a faster processor and the touch-enabled keyboard is intruiging. But, I'll hold off until 10.3.1 comes out on my Z10 before making any decisions.
    agesparza likes this.
    09-27-14 11:13 AM
    I have to agree that the Z10 is highly underrated. I have had zero battery issues and normally it will last the whole day without recharge even under heavy use. I love my Z10 and have written articles and books on it using the virtual keyboard and a BT Motorola keyboard and it has worked flawlessly.

When I first got the phone I dropped it about 3 feet and it suffered no damage. A month later I dropped it about 10 feet from my attic onto my concrete garage floor and I was stunned to see no damage even though I watched in horror as it hit on the upper corner of the phone. After having a Bold 9650 for several years I can truly say this is a phone worthy of the Blackberry name
    agesparza, FF22, Mecca EL and 2 others like this.
    09-27-14 01:25 PM
    Z10 better than Z30. More durable, more battery life. Not sure if it's better than Passport, especially the call quality or durability.
    What?
    09-27-14 02:29 PM
    What?
    I agree on the durability. Z30 chipped easily before it broke and the z10 is solid. On the reception I thought the z30 was supposed to be great with the paratek technology but the z10 keeps WIFI and cellular signal much better.

Posted via CB10
    09-27-14 03:16 PM
    I agree on the durability. Z30 chipped easily before it broke and the z10 is solid. On the reception I thought the z30 was supposed to be great with the paratek technology but the z10 keeps WIFI and cellular signal much better.

Posted via CB10
    I'm questioning just the battery life. Z10 has the worst battery life in BB history... worst than the 9900
    09-27-14 04:44 PM
    Z10 is a great phone. Perfect size and everything runs smooth.

Battery life sucks though. Anyone who says otherwise must not use their phone much.

Posted via CB10
    troubauk and jmaxim917 like this.
    09-27-14 06:10 PM
    Z10 is a great phone. Perfect size and everything runs smooth.

Battery life sucks though. Anyone who says otherwise must not use their phone much.

Posted via CB10
    Agreed. The battery life is horrible. I have an Anker charge bank and am thinking of getting an extra battery or two. This phone isn't even close to being optimized for the battery size.

Posted via CB10
    09-27-14 06:32 PM
    Could it be a sentimental value that everyone is saying Z10 is better than the 30 and even the Passport?

As an owner of both Z10 and a five incher (formally LG G2, now Moto X), and using the BlackBerry on weekdays and X on weekends, I find myself constantly reminiscing the features one phone lacks when I'm on the other. And speaking of size, I find the Z10 to be too small after using X for the weekend, and find the X to be too big after using the 10 during the weekdays.

So perhaps OP hasn't given enough time to adjust to the 30 and passport, and therefore, still reaching back the Z10, and thinking it's better? Perhaps OP Would have a stronger feeling about the Passport if it was given the same amount of usage and attention as his Z10?

Posted via CB10
    09-27-14 06:44 PM
    I agree. Z30 is too big. Still prefer my Z10 above all other BB10 phones. While the passport is extremely tempting, its large size is too much for my needs. Recently just bought a new battery for my Z, so I should be fine for a while.

Posted via CB10
    agesparza likes this.
    09-27-14 07:30 PM
    Z10 better than Z30. More durable, more battery life. Not sure if it's better than Passport, especially the call quality or durability.
    The z10 in no way has better battery life than the z30. Might be more durable. The z10 is a more portable size but it doesn't have the awesome speakers that the z30 has. My hearing sucks so that is important to me. The 30 us just an overall smoother phone. If the 10 had the speakers and the battery of the 30 I'd probably agree with you.

Posted via CB10
    09-27-14 07:46 PM
    The z10 in no way has better battery life than the z30. Might be more durable. The z10 is a more portable size but it doesn't have the awesome speakers that the z30 has. My hearing sucks so that is important to me. The 30 us just an overall smoother phone. If the 10 had the speakers and the battery of the 30 I'd probably agree with you.

Posted via CB10
    The speakers are nice on the z30 but I don't miss them much. After getting a new z10 battery and 10.3 I go a full day on "moderate " use.

Posted via CB10
    09-28-14 07:36 AM
    Lol z10 loyalists are the real super heroes.

Posted via BlackBerry Z3
    Searchy and agesparza like this.
    09-28-14 10:50 AM
    I haven't seen Z30 or Passport, but I do love Z10 quality. It looks cheap (at least my LE) but I dropped it several times and it has minor scratches. Hell, I let my 1 year old niece play with it and she keeps dropping it (I play music on it and she "dances" to it)
    09-28-14 04:26 PM
    The Z10 is a good phone, but let's be real here. The Z30 and Passport are far superior devices to the Z10. Not even close!

Posted from my BlackBerry Z30
    09-28-14 05:26 PM
    I have to agree that the Z10 is highly underrated. I have had zero battery issues and normally it will last the whole day without recharge even under heavy use. I love my Z10 and have written articles and books on it using the virtual keyboard and a BT Motorola keyboard and it has worked flawlessly.

When I first got the phone I dropped it about 3 feet and it suffered no damage. A month later I dropped it about 10 feet from my attic onto my concrete garage floor and I was stunned to see no damage even though I watched in horror as it hit on the upper corner of the phone. After having a Bold 9650 for several years I can truly say this is a phone worthy of the Blackberry name
    Whole day?!?

Heavy use?!?

You talking about a full 24 hours? What is your definition of "heavy' use? Do you have one of those aftermarket batteries that are like 4500 mAh? Did you get some sort of secret model released from BB that no one else has?

Lol im playing......kinda......
    09-28-14 05:32 PM
    I wonder if people realize the Z10 is a big 4.3" device lol. Like seriously, there are 5" devices that are literally barely bigger than the Z10. If you prefer the Z10 because of the size, thats fine but saying its better than the Z30....lol well you certainly dont see that often
    kbz1960 likes this.
    09-28-14 05:35 PM
    Respectfully disagree. I liked my Z10 but i really like my Z30. I went from a 9900 to a Z10 on the kind intervention of a BlackBerry representative, and I am so glad, because I had been contemplating a Note 3. Thankfully the way the OS worked on the Z10 encouraged me to stay BlackBerry and upgrade to the Z30.

The beauty of it is, we have the choice of the device that we each feel suits our individual needs best!

white Z30 STA100-5
    CerveloJohn likes this.
    09-28-14 05:45 PM
    The Z10 is a great device even with it's battery shortcomings. However, comparing apples to oranges in order to convey fact, is rarely a successful discussion.

Fact of the matter is, the Z10 needs a successor so that all it's negative points can be addressed. The Z30 is a completely different phone and in its own class as far as I'm concerned and should never be compared or pitted up against the likes of its little brother!

Give Z30 battery life (removable) in a Z10 form factor with a better CPU and camera. I'd be all over that!

Look! It's Zedzilla10! ?
    09-28-14 06:50 PM
    I forgot how much I like the size and build quality. WIFI is stronger and just is a smooth experience.

The Passport is cool but pushing ultra-book status.

On a related note...not a fan of Android. Iphones are sweet but too expensive. Z10 is the best phone for the money. Can't wait for the next generation.

Posted via CB10
    Between the unbearable "square" design of the Z10 (boarderline iphone 4-5s), the awful plastic materials and that stupid lip at the edge of the screen, the build quality and design of the Z10 was brutal. I'm on the Z30 now, but something smaller factor similar to the Z10 with the same build quality of Z30 would have been nice.
    And I completely agree about the Passport as I'm a firm believer of one hand phone control.
    As for Android, by far the best mobile OS experience IMO. And I used an iPhone for a while but definitely will never again as I find their mobile experience to be forced and just not intuitive at all.
    09-28-14 07:13 PM
    The Z10 is a great device even with it's battery shortcomings. However, comparing apples to oranges in order to convey fact, is rarely a successful discussion.

Fact of the matter is, the Z10 needs a successor so that all it's negative points can be addressed. The Z30 is a completely different phone and in its own class as far as I'm concerned and should never be compared or pitted up against the likes of its little brother!

Give Z30 battery life (removable) in a Z10 form factor with a better CPU and camera. I'd be all over that!

Look! It's Zedzilla10! ?
    Exactly

Posted via CB10
    09-28-14 07:14 PM
104 1234 ...