- 12-30-2012, 03:25 PM #202
- 12-30-2012, 03:34 PM #203
As far as the off-contract price they should clearly be undercutting the iphone by a fair margin since those are overpriced, but it is tough to know exactly the level they should be aiming at and it would be better to be slightly higher than ideal at the start while stock is likely to be limited as then you have room to reduce the pricing afterwards.
- 12-30-2012, 10:04 PM #204
A Mid tier phone at a Mid tier price, thats what i want, no overpricing or any of that crap, i want this phone but i can't and won't let my wallet be raped to get it. If it's overpriced it'll be my christmas gift to myself. If its priced fairly its a mid year buy after i closely watch all thats happening with this phone, Blackberry World, reviews the whole thing i'll be checking out to see if this will truly be money well spent.
- 12-30-2012, 11:50 PM #206
- 12-31-2012, 03:16 AM #207
well just looked on rogers and telus website....the iphone 5 64gb off contract is at $899 and same with telus..very high..For the bold 9900 of today rogers is at $499. and telus is at $630. So if i go with those number of today..well then..still high..but still cheaper than iphone of today...would be nice not more than $500.
- CrackBerry Newbie
12-31-2012, 09:47 AM #209
- 1 Posts
- CrackBerry Abuser
12-31-2012, 10:39 AM #210
- 103 Posts
Specs means nothing. Otherwise can you explain to me why a dodge viper has a v10 and cost 350k less than a ferrari that has a v8? It is called refinement. That's exactly why you pay more for an iphone than a android. This is where RIM is heading with their bb10. So I wish you good luck with your Dodge
- CrackBerry User
12-31-2012, 10:50 AM #211Phone: BB Z10 STL100-2
- 46 Posts
Tablet: Samsung Tab2 10.1
OS: Android JB 4.1.1
- 12-31-2012, 12:07 PM #212
Re: Z10 specs, price point - Not so impressed....
- CrackBerry Abuser
- 112 Posts
- 12-31-2012, 01:03 PM #214Passport (10.3.0.1418) | iPhone 6 (8.1.2) | Lumia 1020 (WP8.1, Lumia Cyan) | Surface Pro 3 (256GB i5)
- 01-03-2013, 01:55 PM #215
Nexus devices are a gateway drug for Google to get more ad revenue so they don't care if they sell at or near cost. That said I think the specs are definitely on par with iOS and Android, when it comes down to how much power the OS requires to make it work. You can have a car with a 600HP engine and one with a 300HP engine and the 300HP car can beat the other one in 0-60 it depends on a lot of other factors.
Still once RIM announces the phones on 1/30 how long are we going to have to wait for product to be available? 1 week, 2 weeks, maybe 1 month. US carriers are not the most adapt at moving their butts along.Twitter: RaptorOO7
I tried to remember my mobile device history and realized I have had way too many to remember them all.
- 01-03-2013, 06:48 PM #216
- 01-03-2013, 07:07 PM #217
Specs do mean something. Did you ever try using the original (sluggish) Torch out of the box? Had that great new web browser and updated homescreen hampered by an anemic processor. Or run iOS 6 on a last gen iPod touch. Misery ...--------------------------------
Not sure what's worse - irrational fanboys who get hostile at any negative suggestion ... or the people who've moved onto another platform but feel the need to come back here because they get off on "educating idiots".
- CrackBerry Abuser
01-04-2013, 09:04 AM #220
- 379 Posts
Yes, of course good OS get hamstrung by ****ty hardware, but come on. If you think RIM are going to put out a phone that is badly underpowered even to just run the core OS then you're stupid.
BB10 devices will at least exceed the iPhone 5 specs (1.3 vs 1.5ghz dual cores) and be on par with the Lumia 920 and similar. What do you think RIM has done to QNX to make it run worse on more power than on the playbook ? What do you think they could do to any OS to make it be developed today by professionals and run worse the iOs or WinPho?
- 01-04-2013, 05:09 PM #221Nokia 5100 > Nokia 3390 > Motorola T720i > Siemens M55 > Sony Ericsson k700i > Nokia N73 > BB Pearl 8110 > BB 9000 > BB 9700 > BB 9900
- CrackBerry Addict
01-04-2013, 06:30 PM #222
- 518 Posts
- 01-04-2013, 08:35 PM #223
- 01-04-2013, 08:41 PM #224
As an example, at the moment, the cheapest price for a new 9900 outright here (not on contract) is through a grey importer at $529.00AUD. The carriers are still charging $650 - $700. This is crazy .... who would spend that sort of money on a nearly obsolete phone? Can you imagine if you didn't know about BB10 (99.99% of the population) and just paid over $500 clams for this?
- By dknyberry in forum General BlackBerry DiscussionReplies: 11Last Post: 10-25-2008, 10:20 PM
- By kristinlynn in forum IntroductionsReplies: 10Last Post: 02-28-2008, 11:01 AM
- By Tylerd in forum General BlackBerry DiscussionReplies: 1Last Post: 01-16-2008, 08:27 PM
- By sho95 in forum Verizon WirelessReplies: 1Last Post: 11-26-2007, 09:47 PM
- By t.rosa in forum BlackBerry 8830 WEReplies: 31Last Post: 10-14-2007, 01:40 PM