Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910
Like Tree167Likes
    CrackBerry Genius

Quote Originally Posted by mcmolineux View Post
    That includes 13% sales tax, which Bell would have to disclose as a part of the final value of the prize. So around $600 pre-tax.

Or less. Bell could be just picking the highest possible reasonable number in order to cover themselves.
    You would have to assume that for stuff like this they would need to over-estimate value to cover themselves.
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,759 Global Posts

(And i will buy the Z10 without even testing it before )

brave guy..it is like going to buy a smart car without even sitting in it to see if it has enough place and power.lol
    Last edited by Alain_A; 01-05-2013 at 07:51 PM. Reason: missing word
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,759 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by rcheung135 View Post
    too high
    CrackBerry Genius

Quote Originally Posted by Alain_A View Post
    too high
    That is a prize so has to include all taxes and they would generally round things up to cover themselves, so that actually points towards a price in the 550-600 range that most people thought was okay.
    jakie55 likes this.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    422 Global Posts

back in June, I got rid of my last VZ Torch to get locked into VZW's unlimited 4G plan and got a Galaxy Nexus. I've been waiting patiently (maybe NOT that patiently) for the next generation Blackberry for a couple years now...and now more than ever. I miss everything Blackberry from the days of the Curve. I didn't hold a grudge against RIM for releasing their "interim" devices (The Torch and Bold) while they were working on the next best thing. Now that I'm locked into an unlimited 4G plan, and I use about 8-9gb/month, I will be paying full price for phones (until VZW decides that they will do away with unlimited 4G, or when 5G comes out, then I'm screwed)...I don't mind paying the price, or even iphone price (~$699?) for the new BB...it's been long overdue and I'm TRYING to wait PATIENTLY for it....
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    165 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by rcheung135 View Post

Z10 specs, price point - Not so impressed....-how-about-no-bear-300x179.jpg

Are they high or something?
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    1,872 Global Posts

As mentioned earlier, that price has to include sales tax, so the before-tax price should be around $600. That makes it $50 less than the Galaxy S3, according to the pricing at my carrier. Having said that, they could have inflated the price estimate just to cover themselves from a legal standpoint, or they may be including accessories with the prize, so it's difficult to say if this is an accurate measure of the price until BB10 actually launches.
    Z30 (10.2.1.3337) | Lumia 1020 (WP8.1, Lumia Cyan) | Surface Pro 3 (256GB i5)
    CrackBerry Abuser

Thread AuthorThread Author   #233  

Holy **** I really hope that $799 just posted is some kind of joke. Otherwise it just proved my point. Good luck with that **** RIM....
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    62 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by samadkins29 View Post
    Holy **** I really hope that $799 just posted is some kind of joke. Otherwise it just proved my point. Good luck with that **** RIM....
    I doubt the price or thorsten is that high, its highly likely thats just a placeholder price its not the first time they've been used.
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    61 Global Posts

I don't know about you but I'll pay even 800 for that sexy thing.
    CrackBerry Abuser

PIN
    331C90C1

Quote Originally Posted by howarmat View Post
    i think 550 or higher is expected. they need to make money you know
    They also need to sell phones and get some market share.
    Dallas Real Estate Attorney | Legal Research and News Blog | Twitter

64 gig Playbook | Blackberry Bold 9930
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    165 Global Posts

I really hope the 799CND is a placeholder...
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    511 Global Posts

Default Z10 specs, price point - Not so impressed....

I suppose the price make sense. I mean how much is the no contract price for the "old" iPhone 5? Old technology and people still pay premium prices for it. Only makes sense that a device with the newest features (BB10) will be more than the old stuff (iPhone, Androids etc). I believe a lot of people thought that BB10 was going to be a give away..... That, I believe, will be far from the truth. They will be top of the line devices that those (lots likely) who enjoy quality and performance will buy. No, it won't displace the iPhone but it will sell and keep on selling. The contract price will probably be at least $200 which again isn't t too bad compared to the old stuff...
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    165 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ricktye View Post
    I suppose the price make sense. I mean how much is the no contract price for the "old" iPhone 5? Old technology and people still pay premium prices for it. Only makes sense that a device with the newest features (BB10) will be more than the old stuff (iPhone, Androids etc). I believe a lot of people thought that BB10 was going to be a give away..... That, I believe, will be far from the truth. They will be top of the line devices that those (lots likely) who enjoy quality and performance will buy. No, it won't displace the iPhone but it will sell and keep on selling. The contract price will probably be at least $200 which again isn't t too bad compared to the old stuff...
    Are you implying that RIM is in the place to ask premium as Apple is? Are you even remotely implying that RIM and Thorsten are so high they are gonna try and pull a Nokia Lumia 920 on us? Because Lumias are so successful that they go for $400 on the market for mint ones. ****, they even go for $450 at ATT store no contract. That's cause Nokia and Microsoft thought "we gonna sell expensive so dumb Consumer Joe thinks it's that good". And phuck WindowsPhone dumb Consumer Joe, BB folks we are a smart bunch.

So no. If they go for that (HIGHLY doubt it) then RIM better be prepared to have a HP-firesale in a few months and prioritize QNX for cars
    CrackBerry Addict

Any new product at launch is going to attract a premium. Let the months roll by and then see what one costs. I paid 330 for a Playbook I could now buy for 100. Similarly I paid big money for Nintendo 3DS's for my kids. RIM needs to shift a lot of BB10 devices and that will be directly proportional to the price. Personally, I am unlikely to be able to wait for the price to come down as I am itching to get my grubby paws on a Z10....
    Z10 OS 10.2.1.2941 (STL 100-2)
    Mrs Pilchard has a Q10
    Playbook (best not talk about that one)
    CrackBerry User

You must also consider that google does not have to go through carriers which saves them alot of money on pricing. RIM doesnt have that kind of choice because if they don't have carriers, there's no way they can promote their product and sell the phones at such huge volume.
    CrackBerry User

Btw. Apparently, an insider said its about $700 for highest gb model. The lowest gb model could be aroun $600
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    1,605 Global Posts
    PIN
    Point

Nearly 800 USD after calculating all here and there.
    tangled in BB;
    undo with CB.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,780 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Alexander Tran View Post
    Btw. Apparently, an insider said its about $700 for highest gb model. The lowest gb model could be aroun $600
    Doesn't really make sense. Even with the Playbook LTE, they came out only with one capacity (32GB), and that didn't have a microSD slot.
    WIth the new BB10 having a microSD slot, there is no need for multiple capacities. In fact, RIM has never released multiple phones that simply had differing capacities. I would expect they would follow suit to what they've done in the past.
    The only one exception would be different models for different markets. E.g. in NA and Europe, the BB10 phone would be 32GB with the Snapdragon processor. But in India, Indonesia, Philippines, etc, the phone would be 16GB with an OMAP processor.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    260 Global Posts
    PIN
    25DDF6E3

Quote Originally Posted by samadkins29 View Post
    When you buy your next computer I don't want you to say or mention anything about specs. Just go buy a random one. Otherwise your a hypocrite. Oh and your paying a lot for the Ferrari brand name. I tried to write an explanation of why the Ferrari cost more but it just isn't worth my time. Just know that the comparison is wrong. It's closer comparing a Toyota camry and a Honda accord.
    This would depend on what OS I put on the computer.
    Owner of T-Mobile Bold 9780 and a 16GB Playbook
    @sectionsix
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    892 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MeetJoeAsian View Post
    back in June, I got rid of my last VZ Torch to get locked into VZW's unlimited 4G plan and got a Galaxy Nexus. I've been waiting patiently (maybe NOT that patiently) for the next generation Blackberry for a couple years now...and now more than ever. I miss everything Blackberry from the days of the Curve. I didn't hold a grudge against RIM for releasing their "interim" devices (The Torch and Bold) while they were working on the next best thing. Now that I'm locked into an unlimited 4G plan, and I use about 8-9gb/month, I will be paying full price for phones (until VZW decides that they will do away with unlimited 4G, or when 5G comes out, then I'm screwed)...I don't mind paying the price, or even iphone price (~$699?) for the new BB...it's been long overdue and I'm TRYING to wait PATIENTLY for it....
    I suspect RIM will continue with it's more efficient data transfer so you may find you don't need as much data as you have with a Nexus phone. I am always shocked how little data I use on my 9810 4G and I use linked to my Playbook all the time also.

I have a 6GB plan, never use even half though I think my Z10 will push me up a notch or two.
    hydronaut likes this.
    Banned

Global Posts
    380 Global Posts

The blame is on the carriers... Some r selling it for $550 and some for $999, wth right?
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    251 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Masahiro View Post
    It's called markup. Do you know how much an iPhone costs to make, compared to how much it sells for?
    Actually the BB Z10 costs $154 per unit and I believe that the iPhone 5 is somewhere around that as well.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    4,408 Global Posts

Default Re: Z10 specs, price point - Not so impressed....

Quote Originally Posted by pepe68 View Post
    Actually, $154 per unit. The numbers just came out!
    Thats just the materials. It doesn't cover labor, R&D, patent licenses, etc. The phone actually costs much more than that to make. There is more to a phone than just hardware, which can cost less due to high volume purchases.

Sent from my AT&T Skyrocket using Tapatalk 2.

Global Posts
    10,460 Global Posts
    PIN
    PM me.

In response to the OP, don't forget what the product is. BlackBerry sells phones and BES, so that's where they need to profit. Google can take a loss on their OS because the OS isn't their product; YOU are.

Posted using CrackBerry App on BB10
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910