The PlayBook had two speakers and has really great sound. I was sure we will get the same on the Z10 but I was disappointed that it only has one on the bottom.
    It really bugs me when listening over the speaker I just can't use it. Anyone else have this problem?

Posted via CB10
    04-22-13 12:31 AM
    I think the quality is good-great. Gaming, movies, music, all sounds above average. IMO

Posted via CB10
    04-22-13 12:34 AM
    No. It's the best speaker I've heard on a mobile phone. It kills my SGS3 for clarity and level.

Posted via CB10
    04-22-13 12:35 AM
    Having two speakers in the phone would be a bot strange - plus the playbook is generally bigger and a little bit deeper and thus has a little bit more space for speakers.

However I have noticed some detail on the Z10 speaker:
    - cradle the bottom part (with the speaker) so that sound gets channeled towards you and it sounds better.
    - place the Z10 on a damping surface and the sound sounds better (fabric mouse pad)

So the Z10's speaker was definitely designed with sone thought around it. And if you really want to enjoy some music, hedphones are the better choice anyway.

Posted via CB10
    04-22-13 12:38 AM
    It's decent for a phone. Best one right now has gotta be the HTC One. I swear to you its freaking crazy hearing it.

Posted via CB10
    melnomo likes this.
    04-22-13 12:38 AM
    Having two speakers in the phone would be a bot strange - plus the playbook is generally bigger and a little bit deeper and thus has a little bit more space for speakers.

- cradle the bottom part (with the speaker) so that sound gets channeled towards you and it sounds better.
    - place the Z10 on a damping surface and the sound sounds better (fabric mouse pad)

So the Z10's speaker was definitely designed with sone thought around it. And if you really want to enjoy some music, hedphones are the better choice anyway.

Posted via CB10
    With speakers listening to music its a beast.

Sent from my looooong waited for Z10
    04-22-13 12:43 AM
    It's decent for a phone. Best one right now has gotta be the HTC One. I swear to you its freaking crazy hearing it.

Posted via CB10
    Where did you hear the HTC One. I thought it wasn't out yet

04-22-13 12:44 AM
    With speakers listening to music its a beast.

Hmm, I got rid of the speakers for my computer - headphones or nothing...

Posted via CB10
    04-22-13 12:45 AM
    Hmm, I got rid of the speakers for my computer - headphones or nothing...

Posted via CB10
    I meant headphones, sorry

04-22-13 12:50 AM
    I haven't tried any other smartphones besides my past BlackBerry's. And I think my 9800 had a loader speaker I never had to put my hands in a way for it to be good.

I am comparing it to the PlayBook since I thought it will be the same (my bad)

When watching a video in landscape It bothers me because I mostly hear it on one ear so I have to use my earphones. Do I have hearing problems?

Posted via CB10
    04-22-13 12:51 AM
    I haven't tried any other smartphones besides my past BlackBerry's. And I think my 9800 had a loader speaker I never had to put my hands in a way for it to be good.

I am comparing it to the PlayBook since I thought it will be the same (my bad)

When watching a video in landscape It bothers me because I mostly hear it on one ear so I have to use my earphones. Do I have hearing problems?

Posted via CB10
    You hear sound from one side because the speaker is on one side.

Posted via CB10
    04-22-13 01:25 AM

It came out Friday in the USA for Sprint and AT&T its a pretty sweet phone the more I play with it the more I like it, the 1.7ghz processor screams and the screen quality is incredible. If it wasn't for the lack of a microsd card slot it's the first Android I'd consider giving a shot

Posted via CB10
    04-22-13 01:53 AM
    It came out Friday in the USA for Sprint and AT&T its a pretty sweet phone the more I play with it the more I like it, the 1.7ghz processor screams and the screen quality is incredible. If it wasn't for the lack of a microsd card slot it's the first Android I'd consider giving a shot

Posted via CB10
    Sweet. I was at best buy last weekend and they had a dummy unit. I walked up on it because it looked just like the Z10 (it was black). I had only seen the white in all the photos and pictures. Just a tad bigger than the Z10. And if ivremember correctly it didn't have any buttons on the front.

04-22-13 02:50 AM
    http://alex-hong.tumblr.com/post/477...erry-10-device

I posted my thoughts on this last week. I am with the OP. Dual speakers would be great. HTC One sounds absolutely fantastic. I played with one weeks ago at a carrier store.

Posted via CB10
    04-22-13 03:57 AM
    http://alex-hong.tumblr.com/post/477...erry-10-device

I posted my thoughts on this last week. I am with the OP. Dual speakers would be great. HTC One sounds absolutely fantastic. I played with one weeks ago at a carrier store.

Posted via CB10
    Exactly what I was thinking and originally hoping. Oh well

Posted via CB10
    04-22-13 08:11 AM
    you dont make any sense they could have put two speakers in it lets just wait and see what blackberry is going to do with their next touch screen but two speakers would have been great dont understand why we cant be in the lead when it comes to simple things like that

Posted via CB10
    04-22-13 08:34 AM

Posted via CB10
    Yep agreed the HTC One has superb sound from its speakers...the phone is crazy loud. But still wont touch another HTC phone, full of bugs and from what ive been reading the HTC One has quite a few bugs and hardware build issues...seen some posters complain about the screen and how they can see a bit of glue from the edge.
    04-22-13 08:38 AM
    I thought my 9900 had back speakers but the ones on my zed ten are horrible compared to it.

Sent via my Z10 support your local paramedics run with scissors.
    04-22-13 10:01 AM
    Actually I don't have any request regarding the speakers. I dint try it when I'm buying. I know that phone speakers will not satisfies my ears if I really wanna test it. Surprisingly, i was stunned for few seconds when I played a song. The quality is out of my expectations. It's making me love this phone even more!!!

Posted via CB10
    04-22-13 10:07 AM
    it was released on April 19th.

One of my co-workers is an ambassador for HTC and has the One. I was playing around with it and trying out YouTube.

Thing was loud yet very clear. Sounded really good.

04-22-13 10:52 AM
    The sound on the z10 I think it's great then done a good job on the quality of it

Posted via CB10
    04-22-13 12:39 PM
    Agreed, the HTC One's stereo speakers makes the most sense to me. Played with one on Friday.. was a nice phone, and the speakers were clear, whether it was because of the Beats Audio or dual speakers, don't know.

Posted via CB10
    04-22-13 12:50 PM