I have been searching to buy a sim-free Z10 smartphone in the high street stores of London...shops/online...etc..)for the last 48 hours and counting...so far unsuccessful ....Z10 IS HOT RIGHT NOW IN THE UK!!! The power of the positive word of mouth about BB10 Is incredible!!! Research in Motion is DEAD.....Long live BlackBerry!
    LazyEvul, austriker, Qaxl and 13 others like this.
    02-02-13 03:05 PM
    Sold out means nothing. Nexus 4 sold out within minutes, it doesn't mean they sold millions. Let's wait for the official figures. Especially, after the US launch.
    Made in flanders likes this.
    02-02-13 03:08 PM
    I'm sorry for you that they sold out but I must admit that this news has warmed my cockles.
    02-02-13 03:16 PM
    Sold out means nothing. Nexus 4 sold out within minutes, it doesn't mean they sold millions. Let's wait for the official figures. Especially, after the US launch.
    it means a lot more than nothing but your right we have no idea how much more
    bekkay, Geeoff, Bobert_123 and 1 others like this.
    02-02-13 03:28 PM
    it means a lot more than nothing but your right we have no idea how much more
    In mathematical terms - INFINITELY more than nothing
    02-02-13 03:30 PM
    It's does mean more than nothing, but we should really wait until an announcement from Blackberry. I remember when the Lumnia launched and in the WP forums were talking about it being sold out. Then the numbers came out and weren't impressive at all.
    02-02-13 03:33 PM
    It means something, but until final figures are released it means nothing important in the grand scheme of things.
    02-02-13 04:54 PM
    Not sure if this was already posted, but they sold several 100 Thousand of Z10 in the UK. I would assume approx: 300 to 500 Thousand sold out in 48hrs. Several is not 200 Thousand, several is more than 3.

BlackBerry will become a super hot seller because of Word of Mouth. The phone is the best you can buy.
    Last edited by nt300; 02-02-13 at 07:53 PM.
    Dapper37 and gladiatorofyale like this.
    02-02-13 07:42 PM
    Not sure if this was already posted, but they sold several 100 Millions of Z10 in the UK. I would assume approx: 300 to 500 Million sold out in 48hrs. Several is not 200 Million, several is more than 3.

BlackBerry will become a super hot seller because of Word of Mouth. The phone is the best you can buy.
    Read that again.... seriously...
    02-02-13 07:49 PM
    Read that again.... seriously...
    Obvious troll is obvious.
    02-02-13 07:52 PM
    Uum...
    I fixed the typo lol, thanks
    02-02-13 07:52 PM
    Not sure if this was already posted, but they sold several 100 Thousand of Z10 in the UK. I would assume approx: 300 to 500 Thousand sold out in 48hrs. Several is not 200 Million, several is more than 3.

remember one million = 1,000,000
    I think you need to change the unit
    bbfan1040 and Ankit RS like this.
    02-02-13 07:53 PM
    op is either trolling or not trying very hsrd.
    the z10 is definitely available
    in the uk in my area.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9810 using Tapatalk
    mikeo007 and ibpluto like this.
    02-02-13 07:55 PM
    I fixed the typo lol, thanks
    Lol. There's a few more "millions" in your post that need to be changes over.
    02-02-13 07:55 PM
    Yes thank you its been edited.
    Also here is the link:
    RIMM: Jefferies Pounds the Table on Software Prospects, Z10 Sales - Tech Trader Daily - Barrons.com

Quote:
    Our initial checks indicate that sales in the UK are off to a strong start. Some stores had lineups out front with widespread sell outs of the White Z10 and limited stock of the Black Z10 […] We believe Carphone Warehouse is seeing widespread sell-outs while O2, Vodafone, Orange and EE are seeing robust demand. We estimate sell-in to be at least several hundred thousand units. To put that in perspective, the iPhone had first weekend sales of 5M+ in the U.S. The U.S. is five times larger so continued strong sales could bode very well for Blackberry […] Also, our checks indicate that pre-orders in the UAE and Canada have had a solid start. While this is not the crux of our call, these initial data points could provide some relief as many thought that the Z10 was DOA.
    Last edited by nt300; 02-02-13 at 08:12 PM.
    02-02-13 07:58 PM
    Lol. There's a few more "millions" in your post that need to be changes over.
    No you are looking at my old post via quotes. Those I cannot edit.
    bbfan1040 likes this.
    02-02-13 08:01 PM
    Then she rugeth the boogley and she shat on a turtle!!!

Sorry. Gold member be on tv
    02-02-13 08:44 PM
    Correct...sometimes, as you can read below, the reason for being "sold out" is because they didn't make enough:

Nexus 4 sold fewer than 400,000 units in three months, data shows | Technology | guardian.co.uk
    02-03-13 12:20 AM
    I hope it's true...I smell a winner.
    02-03-13 12:28 AM
    This is where you, and a lot of other people are wrong. what a sell out means is that the carriers thought BB was dead, so they under ordered on stock... and all the BB fans, and converts, came out in numbers that FAR EXCEEDED what carriers thought. This MEANS A LOT! It means that BB IS NOT DEAD! BB may not turn into Apple over night, or ever, but by showing the carriers that there is still a demand it would force any business minded person/company to reconsider their take on the device, and brand in general.

BLACK IS BACK!
    02-03-13 12:45 AM
    This is where you, and a lot of other people are wrong. what a sell out means is that the carriers thought BB was dead, so they under ordered on stock... and all the BB fans, and converts, came out in numbers that FAR EXCEEDED what carriers thought. This MEANS A LOT! It means that BB IS NOT DEAD! BB may not turn into Apple over night, or ever, but by showing the carriers that there is still a demand it would force any business minded person/company to reconsider their take on the device, and brand in general.

BLACK IS BACK!
    I like what you are saying and I agree with you but I might be a little tipsy and boared. But you know some guy is gonna say, "well each store only ordered 10 and there were 700 stores which is only 7000. Hahaha I scoff at that number!"

Idk any figures at all so idk what I'm talking about but I hate trolls. So no trolls saying low numbers. As I say on craigslist, "no low ballers"
    02-03-13 01:27 AM
    I like what you are saying and I agree with you but I might be a little tipsy and boared. But you know some guy is gonna say, "well each store only ordered 10 and there were 700 stores which is only 7000. Hahaha I scoff at that number!"

Idk any figures at all so idk what I'm talking about but I hate trolls. So no trolls saying low numbers. As I say on craigslist, "no low ballers"
    they can say that... that is my point! if the carriers thought this launch was going to suck (the actual presentation was a bit meh) and figured they were safe with 10 per store... well THEY WERE WRONG!

It deosnt matter what the number was... what matters is that THE PEOPLE STOOD UP and showed the carriers that they were wrong.
    Sure it would be a lot better if the number was 1M, or 100k... but if its 100 thats fine, as long as carriers realize that they need to keep the phone in stock... once the carriers realize this and the phone is continually in the stores then a positive cycle will start. Reps will be upbeat about it, people will want to demo it more, more 'friends and family' of users will buy it... and as that happens then it will keep happening in greater numbers. Again, not saying we are going to hit iphone numbers... but THIS IS THE STARTING LINE
    02-03-13 01:34 AM
    Me gusta! I like the cut of your jib and what you are saying. Sorry for somewhat not fully grasping what u meant. But I get it now
    02-03-13 02:24 AM
    Yes thank you its been edited.
    Also here is the link:
    RIMM: Jefferies Pounds the Table on Software Prospects, Z10 Sales - Tech Trader Daily - Barrons.com

Quote:
    Our initial checks indicate that sales in the UK are off to a strong start. Some stores had lineups out front with widespread sell outs of the White Z10 and limited stock of the Black Z10 […] We believe Carphone Warehouse is seeing widespread sell-outs while O2, Vodafone, Orange and EE are seeing robust demand. We estimate sell-in to be at least several hundred thousand units. To put that in perspective, the iPhone had first weekend sales of 5M+ in the U.S. The U.S. is five times larger so continued strong sales could bode very well for Blackberry […] Also, our checks indicate that pre-orders in the UAE and Canada have had a solid start. While this is not the crux of our call, these initial data points could provide some relief as many thought that the Z10 was DOA.
    its nice to see when the bears start to turn into more bullish

the fact is BlackBerry still has a fan base, and they were just lookign for a reason to come back to the brand, whileothers never left it
    02-03-13 02:45 AM
    Correct...sometimes, as you can read below, the reason for being "sold out" is because they didn't make enough:

Nexus 4 sold fewer than 400,000 units in three months, data shows | Technology | guardian.co.uk
    Same happened with the WP8 launch - it was an absolute shambles in the UK.
    bbfan1040 likes this.
    02-03-13 04:28 AM
87 123 ...