Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 87
Like Tree87Likes
  1. kidcalis's Avatar
    CrackBerry User

    Posts
    42 Posts
    PIN
    290B64F7
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

    Default Z10 sold out in all stores in the uk!!!

    I have been searching to buy a sim-free Z10 smartphone in the high street stores of London...shops/online...etc..)for the last 48 hours and counting...so far unsuccessful ....Z10 IS HOT RIGHT NOW IN THE UK!!! The power of the positive word of mouth about BB10 Is incredible!!! Research in Motion is DEAD.....Long live BlackBerry!
    I do know everything, just not all at once!
    Thanked by:
    kazakoshi (02-03-2013) 
  2. bekkay's Avatar
    CrackBerry Master

    Posts
    1,186 Posts
    #2  

    Default

    Sold out means nothing. Nexus 4 sold out within minutes, it doesn't mean they sold millions. Let's wait for the official figures. Especially, after the US launch.
  3. timmy t's Avatar
    CrackBerry Master

    Posts
    1,311 Posts
    #3  

    Default

    I'm sorry for you that they sold out but I must admit that this news has warmed my cockles.
  4. bbinexile's Avatar
    CrackBerry User

    Posts
    23 Posts
    #4  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bekkay View Post
    Sold out means nothing. Nexus 4 sold out within minutes, it doesn't mean they sold millions. Let's wait for the official figures. Especially, after the US launch.
    it means a lot more than nothing but your right we have no idea how much more
  5. bekkay's Avatar
    CrackBerry Master

    Posts
    1,186 Posts
    #5  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bbinexile View Post
    it means a lot more than nothing but your right we have no idea how much more
    In mathematical terms - INFINITELY more than nothing
  6. fernandez21's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    302 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,094 Global Posts
    #6  

    Default

    It's does mean more than nothing, but we should really wait until an announcement from Blackberry. I remember when the Lumnia launched and in the WP forums were talking about it being sold out. Then the numbers came out and weren't impressive at all.
    all smartphones are tools.
    android = 48pc tool set (you"ll eventually find the tool you need, but some assembly required)
    iphone = swiss army knife (most of the tools you need in a small, simple to use package)
    blackberry = adjustable wrench (sometimes all you need is a wrench)
    windows phone = bionic wrench (its different....but it works)
  7. donmateo's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    1,593 Posts
    #7  

    Default

    It means something, but until final figures are released it means nothing important in the grand scheme of things.
  8. nt300's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    180 Posts
    Global Posts
    181 Global Posts
    #8  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bekkay View Post
    Sold out means nothing. Nexus 4 sold out within minutes, it doesn't mean they sold millions. Let's wait for the official figures. Especially, after the US launch.
    Not sure if this was already posted, but they sold several 100 Thousand of Z10 in the UK. I would assume approx: 300 to 500 Thousand sold out in 48hrs. Several is not 200 Thousand, several is more than 3.

    BlackBerry will become a super hot seller because of Word of Mouth. The phone is the best you can buy.
    Last edited by nt300; 02-02-2013 at 07:53 PM.
  9. FRG_RC's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    178 Posts
    PIN
    Maybe you should ask for it
    #9  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nt300 View Post
    Not sure if this was already posted, but they sold several 100 Millions of Z10 in the UK. I would assume approx: 300 to 500 Million sold out in 48hrs. Several is not 200 Million, several is more than 3.

    BlackBerry will become a super hot seller because of Word of Mouth. The phone is the best you can buy.
    Read that again.... seriously...
    Thanked by:
    mark37724 (02-03-2013) 
  10. S180's Avatar
    CrackBerry User

    Posts
    92 Posts
    #10  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FRG_RC View Post
    Read that again.... seriously...
    Obvious troll is obvious.
  11. nt300's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    180 Posts
    Global Posts
    181 Global Posts
    #11  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Masahiro View Post
    Uum...
    I fixed the typo lol, thanks
  12. nigoinsnow's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    126 Posts
    #12  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nt300 View Post
    Not sure if this was already posted, but they sold several 100 Thousand of Z10 in the UK. I would assume approx: 300 to 500 Thousand sold out in 48hrs. Several is not 200 Million, several is more than 3.

    BlackBerry will become a super hot seller because of Word of Mouth. The phone is the best you can buy.
    remember one million = 1,000,000
    I think you need to change the unit
    bbfan1040 and Ankit RS like this.
  13. darkehawke's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    3,371 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,380 Global Posts
    #13  

    Default Z10 sold out in all stores in the uk!!!

    op is either trolling or not trying very hsrd.
    the z10 is definitely available
    in the uk in my area.

    Sent from my BlackBerry 9810 using Tapatalk
    Primary Device: Moto X
    Backup Device: Blackberry Z10
    mikeo007 and ibpluto like this.
  14. bahandi's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    223 Posts
    Global Posts
    357 Global Posts
    #14  

    Default Z10 sold out in all stores in the uk!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by nt300 View Post
    I fixed the typo lol, thanks
    Lol. There's a few more "millions" in your post that need to be changes over.
    What... beta?... Gimme!!
  15. nt300's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    180 Posts
    Global Posts
    181 Global Posts
    #15  

    Default

    Yes thank you its been edited.
    Also here is the link:
    RIMM: Jefferies Pounds the Table on Software Prospects, Z10 Sales - Tech Trader Daily - Barrons.com

    Quote:
    Our initial checks indicate that sales in the UK are off to a strong start. Some stores had lineups out front with widespread sell outs of the White Z10 and limited stock of the Black Z10 […] We believe Carphone Warehouse is seeing widespread sell-outs while O2, Vodafone, Orange and EE are seeing robust demand. We estimate sell-in to be at least several hundred thousand units. To put that in perspective, the iPhone had first weekend sales of 5M+ in the U.S. The U.S. is five times larger so continued strong sales could bode very well for Blackberry […] Also, our checks indicate that pre-orders in the UAE and Canada have had a solid start. While this is not the crux of our call, these initial data points could provide some relief as many thought that the Z10 was DOA.
    Last edited by nt300; 02-02-2013 at 08:12 PM.
  16. nt300's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    180 Posts
    Global Posts
    181 Global Posts
    #16  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bahandi View Post
    Lol. There's a few more "millions" in your post that need to be changes over.
    No you are looking at my old post via quotes. Those I cannot edit.
    bbfan1040 likes this.
  17. Emu the Foo's Avatar
    CrackBerry Master

    Posts
    1,258 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,259 Global Posts
    PIN
    330c56f6
    #17  

    Default

    Then she rugeth the boogley and she shat on a turtle!!!

    Sorry. Gold member be on tv
  18. w0lfgang's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    856 Posts
    Global Posts
    858 Global Posts
    PIN
    5028A10E
    #18  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bekkay View Post
    Sold out means nothing. Nexus 4 sold out within minutes, it doesn't mean they sold millions. Let's wait for the official figures. Especially, after the US launch.
    Correct...sometimes, as you can read below, the reason for being "sold out" is because they didn't make enough:

    Nexus 4 sold fewer than 400,000 units in three months, data shows | Technology | guardian.co.uk
  19. Shanerredflag's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

    Posts
    15,336 Posts
    #19  

    Default

    I hope it's true...I smell a winner.
  20. FSeverino's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    3,863 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,865 Global Posts
    #20  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bekkay View Post
    Sold out means nothing. Nexus 4 sold out within minutes, it doesn't mean they sold millions. Let's wait for the official figures. Especially, after the US launch.
    This is where you, and a lot of other people are wrong. what a sell out means is that the carriers thought BB was dead, so they under ordered on stock... and all the BB fans, and converts, came out in numbers that FAR EXCEEDED what carriers thought. This MEANS A LOT! It means that BB IS NOT DEAD! BB may not turn into Apple over night, or ever, but by showing the carriers that there is still a demand it would force any business minded person/company to reconsider their take on the device, and brand in general.

    BLACK IS BACK!
    ------------------------>LIST OF WORKING Android Apps for Z10/BB10 ---200 SO FAR!!! <------------------------
  21. Emu the Foo's Avatar
    CrackBerry Master

    Posts
    1,258 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,259 Global Posts
    PIN
    330c56f6
    #21  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FSeverino View Post
    This is where you, and a lot of other people are wrong. what a sell out means is that the carriers thought BB was dead, so they under ordered on stock... and all the BB fans, and converts, came out in numbers that FAR EXCEEDED what carriers thought. This MEANS A LOT! It means that BB IS NOT DEAD! BB may not turn into Apple over night, or ever, but by showing the carriers that there is still a demand it would force any business minded person/company to reconsider their take on the device, and brand in general.

    BLACK IS BACK!
    I like what you are saying and I agree with you but I might be a little tipsy and boared. But you know some guy is gonna say, "well each store only ordered 10 and there were 700 stores which is only 7000. Hahaha I scoff at that number!"

    Idk any figures at all so idk what I'm talking about but I hate trolls. So no trolls saying low numbers. As I say on craigslist, "no low ballers"
  22. FSeverino's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    3,863 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,865 Global Posts
    #22  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Emu the Foo View Post
    I like what you are saying and I agree with you but I might be a little tipsy and boared. But you know some guy is gonna say, "well each store only ordered 10 and there were 700 stores which is only 7000. Hahaha I scoff at that number!"

    Idk any figures at all so idk what I'm talking about but I hate trolls. So no trolls saying low numbers. As I say on craigslist, "no low ballers"
    they can say that... that is my point! if the carriers thought this launch was going to suck (the actual presentation was a bit meh) and figured they were safe with 10 per store... well THEY WERE WRONG!

    It deosnt matter what the number was... what matters is that THE PEOPLE STOOD UP and showed the carriers that they were wrong.
    Sure it would be a lot better if the number was 1M, or 100k... but if its 100 thats fine, as long as carriers realize that they need to keep the phone in stock... once the carriers realize this and the phone is continually in the stores then a positive cycle will start. Reps will be upbeat about it, people will want to demo it more, more 'friends and family' of users will buy it... and as that happens then it will keep happening in greater numbers. Again, not saying we are going to hit iphone numbers... but THIS IS THE STARTING LINE
    ------------------------>LIST OF WORKING Android Apps for Z10/BB10 ---200 SO FAR!!! <------------------------
  23. Emu the Foo's Avatar
    CrackBerry Master

    Posts
    1,258 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,259 Global Posts
    PIN
    330c56f6
    #23  

    Default

    Me gusta! I like the cut of your jib and what you are saying. Sorry for somewhat not fully grasping what u meant. But I get it now
  24. GTiLeo's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    2,277 Posts
    #24  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nt300 View Post
    Yes thank you its been edited.
    Also here is the link:
    RIMM: Jefferies Pounds the Table on Software Prospects, Z10 Sales - Tech Trader Daily - Barrons.com

    Quote:
    Our initial checks indicate that sales in the UK are off to a strong start. Some stores had lineups out front with widespread sell outs of the White Z10 and limited stock of the Black Z10 […] We believe Carphone Warehouse is seeing widespread sell-outs while O2, Vodafone, Orange and EE are seeing robust demand. We estimate sell-in to be at least several hundred thousand units. To put that in perspective, the iPhone had first weekend sales of 5M+ in the U.S. The U.S. is five times larger so continued strong sales could bode very well for Blackberry […] Also, our checks indicate that pre-orders in the UAE and Canada have had a solid start. While this is not the crux of our call, these initial data points could provide some relief as many thought that the Z10 was DOA.
    its nice to see when the bears start to turn into more bullish

    the fact is BlackBerry still has a fan base, and they were just lookign for a reason to come back to the brand, whileothers never left it
  25. cgk
    cgk is offline
    cgk's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    3,219 Posts
    Global Posts
    7,724 Global Posts
    #25  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by w0lfgang View Post
    Correct...sometimes, as you can read below, the reason for being "sold out" is because they didn't make enough:

    Nexus 4 sold fewer than 400,000 units in three months, data shows | Technology | guardian.co.uk
    Same happened with the WP8 launch - it was an absolute shambles in the UK.
    bbfan1040 likes this.
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Found 1 in local store in the US
    By Gucci33 in forum BlackBerry Bold 9930/9900
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 08-17-2011, 03:56 AM
  2. Pre-Order now in all shops in Dubai! :D
    By technology-fanboy in forum BlackBerry Bold 9930/9900
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 08-16-2011, 08:53 AM
  3. Verizon to include Wi-Fi in all BB after the Tour!!!!
    By NJ Valid in forum Storm OS Discussion
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 07-11-2009, 03:21 AM
  4. Verizon to include Wi-Fi in all BB after the Tour!!!!
    By NJ Valid in forum BlackBerry Storm
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-11-2009, 02:33 AM
  5. Hey In All Fairness Give The Reps A Break
    By TrendyProfessional1 in forum BlackBerry Storm
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-21-2008, 07:42 PM

Posting Permissions