I noticed an issue with my Z10 when I use Sleep Mode and use a BlackBerry case.

I had a Flip Shell case for my Z10 previously and whenever I'd put my phone in my case and then set it to Sleep Mode, I'd noticed that if I'd open the case and try to exit Sleep Mode by swiping up, instead of going back to my home screen, it switches to Clock, then my Z10 freezes. I'd either have to reset my phone or do a battery pull just to unfreeze it. I ended up giving my Flip Shell case to my brother's girlfriend when she bought a Z10 (my brother got it before his girlfriend and I did) and went back to going caseless. I stopped having the sleep mode unlock issue.

I then bought a BB Leather Swivel Holster for my oldest brother when he upgraded to the Z10 (I have two brothers and they now both have Z10s) and apparently he encounters the same problem as I did - when he sets his phone to sleep mode and puts it in his holster; whenever he pulls it out and tries to swipe up to exit sleep mode, it switches to the clock, then freezes his phone. When he'd explained this to me, I had just purchased a Microfiber Pocket (yes, another official BB case) and decided to try putting my phone in sleep mode to see if the lock issue would happen again. Sure enough, it jumps to clock and freezes. I've no word on whether or not my brother's girlfriend has started having the same problems using my old Flip Shell case, but I would not be surprised if she did.

I don't know if other people have had this issue, but if 3 different BlackBerry cases cause the same problem with Sleep Mode, then I don't think it's just a coincidence... RIM/BlackBerry should look into that.

Anyone else have this problem? Or are we the only unlucky ones?
    02-21-13 11:41 AM
    I have had this issue as well and reported it as a bug.

3 things you can do..

Turn off password lock

On the lock screen select the camera, then minimize to the active frame. You can then quit the clock.

Turn off the phone with the power button and not the flip case cover.

Posted via CB10
    02-21-13 12:11 PM
    I have the same issue; reported it and waiting on a fix.
    02-23-13 08:19 AM