Hi,

i'm facing a new problem with my unlocked BB Z10: Since yesterday (after a security wipe) no SIM is detected by the Z10, regardless which carrier. I cleaned the sim-tray, security wiped the OS again and reinstalled it. It simply states "Sim not detected". Network, Network subset, Service provider are Unlocked.

Could it be software related or do i have to bring it back to phones4u or Blackberry?
    skashi100 and 0700710415 like this.
    02-19-13 05:27 AM
    This is happening to me right now. Did you find a solution for it? I'm with Rogers.

Edit: I haven't wiped the device, and it was working perfectly earlier today. It's only been happening for the afternoon after I lost signal for about an hour (in a place where I usually lose signal anyways).
    02-19-13 05:11 PM
    Its a hardware related error, i'll have to send the Z10 back to the dealer. He will exchange it.
    02-20-13 02:09 AM
    Just now, I have the same problem... tried the SIM card to other mobile and it is OK... tried another SIM card to my Z10 and still not working i.e. SIM card not detected...

It is really a hardware related problem? a manufactured defect?...
    02-24-13 08:17 AM
    No issues here I am on rogers.

Looks like a very limited few having issues maybe software or Rogers network error or hardware sum slot.

Just try everything before bringing back for new one.

Posted via CB10, BB10, Z10
    02-24-13 08:21 AM
    its not hardware related, its a known issue after security wipe. however it should not accur just like this.

you can try to reload the firmware or just search for updates under settings menu.
    02-24-13 08:22 AM
    In a German BB forum a user claimed that some unlocked Z10 after a security wipe again should have a MEP2 (=Netlock) lock. Incorrect providers SIMs are then no longer detected...
    02-24-13 08:54 AM
    It's probably a hardware problem... if it OS, the security wipe and re-installation of OS should fix it... but no improvement... anyway, that probably leave me no choice but to return it to the seller...
    02-24-13 11:32 AM
    Update...

I just called the seller and told them about the problem i.e. Z10 cannot detected SIM card... he said that they were already received more than 5 units with the same defect... and according to him, it is a "fatal defect" (right from his word)... I'm still at work and probably will bring the unit for repair or replacement. this evening...

Is there anyone who experiencing this too? I mean, I can't believe that this has not been foreseen by BlackBerry if it is really a design or as that guy said "a fatal defect"... there is probably a work around to correct this...

Anyone?...
    Chris Marsch likes this.
    02-25-13 03:45 AM
    Another update...

It is really a "fatal defect" or "factory defect"... no walkaround but to replace the unit with new one... I got my replacement immediately... it seems that BlackBerry guys are already aware of this "factory defect"...
    02-26-13 12:48 AM
    I'm in Qatar and have the same problem. The phone loses network coverage and then says no SIM detected. Have to restart the phone for it to work, which still doesn't help in some cases. I went back to my service provider and got a new sim thinking its a sim card issue. That didn't help, as the same problem arises when i lose network.
    02-26-13 02:00 AM
    Interesting, I am having the same issues, however mine occured when I used an adapter to get the SIM in. Was working fine, put in another sim, but when I used a sim with an adapter it caused the issue, this has now happened on two z10's. Not sure I want to take a second phone back, if this keep happening. Has Blackberry stepped in and made a comment?
    03-15-13 01:34 PM
    So I have solved this issue, I did a wipe and full reboot of the phone, you do this through the system setup interface and enter the word Blackberry.

It is not recognising a sim.
    03-16-13 02:15 PM
    I'm in Qatar and have the same problem. The phone loses network coverage and then says no SIM detected. Have to restart the phone for it to work, which still doesn't help in some cases. I went back to my service provider and got a new sim thinking its a sim card issue. That didn't help, as the same problem arises when i lose network.
    We have the same issue with my husband's Z10 (mine works perfectly). Also did a sim swap, but that didn't help. Unfortunately, we will have to wait 7 days for Vodacom South Africa to check his phone and to decide if they will give him a different one. They also do not give loan units... We will show them this thread, maybe it will help.
    03-19-13 02:16 AM
    I had the same experience with a phone I bought unlocked, the seller claimed it was working before shipping it, so I took it to Rogers. It was sent to its repair centre, I got it back 10 days later. The repair order stated (sim / lock). The repair centre also locked it. The problem with the locking they did is that the unlock code that unlocked it initially doesn't work, which is the same unlock code that rogers provided me with. I sent it back to the repair centre. So be extra careful if you are promised a repair of the sim not detected problem (fixing the tray messes up something with the unlocking code) And yes it is the same phone, I had been asked that multiple times (imei #)
    04-25-13 04:01 PM
    Got this error today scared to death thinking I had to get a new phone because I really really hate having to go through the trouble of sending the thing in and getting it back in a couple days. It happened after a security wipe when I noticed my phone was getting hot and the battery would drain in 5 hours. It said sim card not detected. I restored my phone 4 times more but nothing happened. Then I repositioned my sim card at the very right of the slot and now it works. My sim card was cut so I assume it was not the perfect size and shifted at some point.
    07-01-13 11:18 PM
    We had same issue which was due to our area not covered by 3G.
    08-30-13 05:12 AM
    09-02-13 05:43 PM
    The problem is with the sim card slot its has spoilt or one of the chip of the sim card slot is broken any qualified technician can fix it, you have to replace the sim holder or repair it, mine was repaired i took it to juroung in singapore who repaired in 15 mins also of you give to BlackBerry service center it might take some week
    09-11-13 01:25 AM
    had same issue but put thin piece of card on top of sim and now working again? had same problem with hp pre 3. lost faith in blackberry need a reliable phone! got nokia lumia on its way! will keep z10 as spare :-)
    12-17-13 05:18 PM
    Did anybody manage to find a solution?
    05-02-14 02:57 PM
    hi so I had this problem like you . the phone (bb z10)just would not read the sim card and also didnt have any sound and the screen would over heat and the battery drain withing 2 or 3 hours tops . what i did to fix it .
    1* Security wipe
    2* start the phone and set it up like new right.
    3* put the phone to charge ,but turn it off and let it charge until the LED light turns green
    4* turn the phone back on . and it should read the sim card now .
    Please reply if that worked out for you .. hope it did .. good luck .
    FF22 likes this.
    09-08-14 09:47 PM
    On my z10 i've never seen sim app. Anyone here know why?

Posted via CB10
    09-09-14 10:09 AM
    i have a blackberry z10 buy from dubai it's working fine in dubai. but when i came india airport it's showing me sim not dedcting.
    11-07-14 07:32 AM
    hi so I had this problem like you . the phone (bb z10)just would not read the sim card and also didnt have any sound and the screen would over heat and the battery drain withing 2 or 3 hours tops . what i did to fix it .
    1* Security wipe
    2* start the phone and set it up like new right.
    3* put the phone to charge ,but turn it off and let it charge until the LED light turns green
    4* turn the phone back on . and it should read the sim card now .
    Please reply if that worked out for you .. hope it did .. good luck .
    02-15-15 03:44 AM
42 12