Posted via CB10
    09-23-14 02:11 PM
    For some reason I had the same problem yesterday. I'll see if continues today and make a screenshot. Although it does say that my battery is healthy

Posted with my selfmade QZ1030
    09-23-14 02:19 PM
    I'm experiencing the same problem from last month..
    I couldn't found any way to get out of it

Posted via CB10
    09-23-14 09:43 PM
    Open Device Monitor and tap the CPU tab or open it using the lower left menu. What is it reporting is running the most?
    09-23-14 10:47 PM
    Z10 shutsdown quickly at 20%..is some kind of joke? Plz help..running 10.2-img_20140924_133448.png

Posted via CB10
    09-24-14 03:06 AM
    If you guys are on STL100-1, then no use posting here. It's a known bug. A battery calibration issue is what it is being termed.

That was the only reason why I gave away my Z10 & got a Q10.

Anyway, the only workaround I could find for this issue in the end was to put a piece of paper at the bottom edge of the battery (near the camera for STL100-1). This would tighten the battery contacts, this helped my STL100-1 to stay alive for quite a while longer.

Via CB10 on Q10SQN100-3/10.3.0.1154
    09-24-14 03:17 AM
    Your phone's battery needs calibration. Try battery pull while charging and then insert it again. Let it charge. See what's the difference
    You can go through this thread
    http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=956595

Posted via CB10 on Z10
    syah iejam likes this.
    09-24-14 03:58 AM
    I have got this problem also, my z10 shutdowned suddenly at 20% twice while it was loading video, and it did not response when I charged . I just unpluged the battery and pluged again, it still alive at 9% and it don't happen from now

Posted via CB10
    09-24-14 07:14 AM
    I have got this problem also, my z10 shutdowned suddenly at 20% twice while it was loading video, and it did not response when I charged . I just unpluged the battery and pluged again, it still alive at 9% and it don't happen from now

Posted via CB10

So you telling, just unplug the battery and plug it back when the system goes to shutdown? Thats it? Is it stable now?

Posted via CB10
    09-24-14 07:38 AM
    So you telling, just unplug the battery and plug it back when the system goes to shutdown? Thats it? Is it stable now?

Posted via CB10
    Why dont you try it first, and then tell us if it worked for you instead of asking so many of this and that. There's so many threads already regarding similiar issues and their workarounds.

Sent from my iPhone via TapaTalk
    09-24-14 12:10 PM
    Posted via CB10
    And no, its not a joke.

09-24-14 12:11 PM
    Why dont you try it first, and then tell us if it worked for you instead of asking so many of this and that. There's so many threads already regarding similiar issues and their workarounds.

I dint mocked you..am so anxiety about my device..because I spend lot of bucks.thatz why I asked is it stable without trying, and I gonna try that steps.
    Thanks for replying

Posted via CB10
    09-24-14 09:34 PM
    Stl100-1 cant read battery levels accurately. There is no solution yet and probably they will not fix this ever. I've tried everything but didn't f ind permanent solution.

Posted via CB10
    09-25-14 12:57 AM
    Stl100-1 cant read battery levels accurately. There is no solution yet and probably they will not fix this ever. I've tried everything but didn't f ind permanent solution.

Posted via CB10
    What about the battery caliberation steps? Did you tried that too? Plz reply

Posted via CB10
    09-25-14 01:59 AM

Why r u criticising him, I am also facing same issue on z10.
    Yesterday I was travelling out of station and my battery dropped to Zero. Does it make sense , to do all those ****ty things after spending so much on Z10.
    BlackBerry is not giving it for free.

Apple is a lot better then this and BlackBerry deserves its market share of 0.5 percent.

Bye bye BlackBerry...
    I am selling my z10
    09-25-14 02:02 AM
    Now, let me ask you several questions:
    How long have you been using your Z10 battery? Do you often let the battery completely drains out until zero percent and/or reaching the red zone? Do you often charge the battery for less than 15 minutes per charging?
    If the answer is yes, yes, and yes for the last 3 questions, you might want to check the battery health.

I've been using my z10 for 1 year, and experienced the same problem with you. Lately the battery served me for only about 8-12 hours max, and when it reached 20%, sometimes it survives to see the thin red line, but sometimes it just drop dead, and there's nothing gorgeous about that.

So I was asking my friend who is a smartphone expert (selling, repairing, even the hard kind of repair such as iPhone screen etc.) and that were the questions he asked me. And the answer is yes to the last three. So he said, your battery is as good as dead, the negative anode went bad.

Then I replaced the battery, now using a battery made in Japan named Hippo Power with 2350 mAh made specially for Z10 compared to standard BlackBerry Z10 battery LS-1 1800mAh. And I am more than happy to tell you that, the battery life is significantly better. It serves me around 14-18 hours in one charge with a full day use of BBM, WhatsApp, emailing, reading news (and Crackberry for sure). And I love my Z10 even more now (naked without casing, only using original BlackBerry Z10 leather holster)

My Z10 is STL100-1, running 10.2.1.2977

Posted via CB10
    09-25-14 03:21 AM
    Why r u criticising him, I am also facing same issue on z10.
    Yesterday I was travelling out of station and my battery dropped to Zero. Does it make sense , to do all those ****ty things after spending so much on Z10.
    BlackBerry is not giving it for free.

Apple is a lot better then this and BlackBerry deserves its market share of 0.5 percent.

Bye bye BlackBerry...
    I am selling my z10
    Sadly you got the ****ty stl1-3 Z10.

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.3247
    09-25-14 03:25 AM
    Now, let me ask you several questions:
    How long have you been using your Z10 battery? Do you often let the battery completely drains out until zero percent and/or reaching the red zone? Do you often charge the battery for less than 15 minutes per charging?
    If the answer is yes, yes, and yes for the last 3 questions, you might want to check the battery health.

I've been using my z10 for 1 year, and experienced the same problem with you. Lately the battery served me for only about 8-12 hours max, and when it reached 20%, sometimes it survives to see the thin red line, but sometimes it just drop dead, and there's nothing gorgeous about that.

So I was asking my friend who is a smartphone expert (selling, repairing, even the hard kind of repair such as iPhone screen etc.) and that were the questions he asked me. And the answer is yes to the last three. So he said, your battery is as good as dead, the negative anode went bad.

Then I replaced the battery, now using a battery made in Japan named Hippo Power with 2350 mAh made specially for Z10 compared to standard BlackBerry Z10 battery LS-1 1800mAh. And I am more than happy to tell you that, the battery life is significantly better. It serves me around 14-18 hours in one charge with a full day use of BBM, WhatsApp, emailing, reading news (and Crackberry for sure). And I love my Z10 even more now (naked without casing, only using original BlackBerry Z10 leather holster)

My Z10 is STL100-1, running 10.2.1.2977

Posted via CB10
    To ans ur questions, I dont charge my battery for 15 min ever
    I charge it in mng, and then again charge of it only falls below 20 percent.

My issue is not with battery. Smartphone batteries didnt last.
    But why a sudden death of battery from 30 to zero percent
    Is that acceptable.
    09-25-14 03:42 AM
    To ans ur questions, I dont charge my battery for 15 min ever
    I charge it in mng, and then again charge of it only falls below 20 percent.

My issue is not with battery. Smartphone batteries didnt last.
    But why a sudden death of battery from 30 to zero percent
    Is that acceptable.
    Well, I think most of the problem with Z10 is the battery is not too good and the capacity might be too small. My wife & brothers Z30 battery last for at least 24hrs or even 1.5 in a hectic day. But like I said, I changed the battery to 2350mAh, and it last for 14-18 hours per charging. And you might want to consider again before you move to Apple, for the iPhone's battery life is much worse than Z10, trust me. You better get yourself a Z30, or if you plan to move from BlackBerry, get some Xperia Z2/3 or Galaxy. BBM on Android is also better than in iPhone.

Posted via CB10
    09-25-14 05:16 AM
    Well, I think most of the problem with Z10 is the battery is not too good and the capacity might be too small. My wife & brothers Z30 battery last for at least 24hrs or even 1.5 in a hectic day. But like I said, I changed the battery to 2350mAh, and it last for 14-18 hours per charging. And you might want to consider again before you move to Apple, for the iPhone's battery life is much worse than Z10, trust me. You better get yourself a Z30, or if you plan to move from BlackBerry, get some Xperia Z2/3 or Galaxy. BBM on Android is also better than in iPhone.

Posted via CB10
    What I am saying is I am not worried about battery life.
    What annoys is sudden crash of battery to Zero.
    Does it make sense in Z10, which was once a Flag ship product of BlackBerry.
    09-25-14 06:38 AM
    If you read my first post carefully, you will find out that I have similar problem, and that's because the battery life span of Z10 the LS-1 is not great. After only one year of use, my battery always drop dead on slightly below 20%. Change the battery, no such thing happen again, everything are just perfect. I just managed to save huge amount of money by buying a new battery instead a new device. My Z10 still rocks! Therefore my first question to you is, how long have you been using the Z10? If it's around 1 year, you might as well buy a new battery.

Posted via CB10
    09-25-14 06:45 AM
    If you read my first post carefully, you will find out that I have similar problem, and that's because the battery life span of Z10 the LS-1 is not great. After only one year of use, my battery always drop dead on slightly below 20%. Change the battery, no such thing happen again, everything are just perfect. I just managed to save huge amount of money by buying a new battery instead a new device. My Z10 still rocks! Therefore my first question to you is, how long have you been using the Z10? If it's around 1 year, you might as well buy a new battery.

Posted via CB10
    Herein attached for your reference.
    Z10 shutsdown quickly at 20%..is some kind of joke? Plz help..running 10.2-img_20140925_194429.png

Posted via CB10
    09-25-14 06:47 AM
    What about the battery caliberation steps? Did you tried that too? Plz reply

Posted via CB10
    I've tried and it was ok but already on next charge battery meter went off. My phone was going off at 70% and now it goes off at 20% -30%.
    My battery charge lasts for around 9-11h and problem is not in battery capacity its just a damn level meter.

Posted via CB10
    09-25-14 04:47 PM

Posted via CB10
    I am using Z10 only from 2 mths

What will u suggest
    09-26-14 01:27 AM
    I am using Z10 only from 2 mths

What will u suggest
    Your BlackBerry device was brought from authorised dealers? If you brought from unauthorised dealer may it battery is ageing or defective. Try to fix battery draining to zero and Re charge on previously posted. Mine Z10/STL2 original battery well working!

Posted via CB10
    09-26-14 02:01 AM
38 12