Hello everyone, my mother has a Z10 from it first came out in 2013. Since October last year the phone has been giving issues that I just cannot understand. The phone began to freeze, shut down unexpectedly only to be rebooted and have like 80% and this pattern would continue say every 3 hours, it would also take forever to fully charge sometimes stopping for long periods at a particular percentage.

I have tried the following to resolve the issues:

1. Installed the latest BB 10 version
    2. Bought a brand new battery
    3. Used compressed air and removed dust from charging port
    4. Bought a brand new charger both usb cable and wall end

I am now considering making a backup of the phone and wiping it.

Now before you ask my mom's phone is not tricked out like mine it is a stock BB10 device no android apps etc.

I would be grateful for any suggestions you can provide. Thanks in advance for your assistance.
    04-19-16 01:50 AM
    You should. When ever I encountered problems like that on my Z10 it was due to software. At least to roll out the OS factor. Try to use the last autoloader and be sure you download the right one for your model (stl100-1, 2,3 or 4). And remember, after the autoloader has done it's mambojambo, do a security wipe. I hope you can fix it.

Good luck!

Posted via CB10
    04-19-16 02:40 AM
    I have used autoloaders on my Z10 a few times, no issues. BTW if you use an autoloader it will wipe the phone. Be sure you know the correct BBerry ID for the phone, and before you do it you might go into the phone and shut off "protect". However,. are you sure the battery isn't just loose in the phone? Also remember, if you are on T-mo the OS you load could effect wifi-calling.
    04-19-16 10:27 AM