Today I noticed hundreds of emails in the Hub sent to the same person, and I just assumed it was a glitch that renamed all of my other emails with one that I sent last Thursday. An hour ago however I got a message from my email provider telling me that my account has been frozen because of suspicious activity, and that the cause was that over 100 emails were sent in a short amount of time. And so I went to check my sent email folder, and there was thousands of emails (around 10MB each) sent to the same person repeatedly. It turns out my Z10 has been sending them non stop for the past 5 days. I've used half my 1GB monthly internet allowance in 3 days!

Does anyone else have this problem, and if so how did you fix it?

I noticed a few other people with the same problem, so I want to try and get the issue popular so BB can be notified and rectify the problem
    04-03-13 01:19 PM
    Lol

Posted via CB10 (BB Z10 : BLK)
    anon(2757538) and KDB84 like this.
    04-03-13 01:22 PM
    Had the same issue one's after sending a email with image from the BlackBerry camera attached. This mail was sent every few minutes

Posted via CB10
    04-03-13 01:28 PM
    I had this happen when I sent a video from my z10 to a friend. I then went to my email account on my computer and saw that it sent the same email maybe 20 times spanning every minute

Posted via CB10
    04-03-13 01:31 PM
    It's more likely that the your reading the sync update that your phone does and it's pulling sent msg's that were in fact sent from the email provider' server end as a hijacked spam mail.
    Highly doubtful it's the phone itself.

I have employees who's hotmail and gmail accounts get hijacked from time to time.
    04-03-13 01:34 PM
    Gmail is having all sorts of issues if it was the gmail account.
    04-03-13 01:42 PM
    This is a known issue having something to do with the email header. I'm not aware of the specifics, but Blackberry already knows about it. I believe a fix was either already made in the last update or it's coming soon.
    04-03-13 01:44 PM
    Today I noticed hundreds of emails in the Hub sent to the same person, and I just assumed it was a glitch that renamed all of my other emails with one that I sent last Thursday. An hour ago however I got a message from my email provider telling me that my account has been frozen because of suspicious activity, and that the cause was that over 100 emails were sent in a short amount of time. And so I went to check my sent email folder, and there was thousands of emails (around 10MB each) sent to the same person repeatedly. It turns out my Z10 has been sending them non stop for the past 5 days. I've used half my 1GB monthly internet allowance in 3 days!

Does anyone else have this problem, and if so how did you fix it?

I noticed a few other people with the same problem, so I want to try and get the issue popular so BB can be notified and rectify the problem
    Yesterday, I was told that I was calling people. I was not, but my Z10 was - from inside my pocket. It seems certain kinds of fabric can unlock the device and the movement of my walking was making it go bananas.

So, any chance it was the same scenario?

Lol

Wow, such insight...
    04-03-13 01:47 PM
    Lol

I don't know what's more disgusting - your useless post in this thread from somebody reporting a real issue, or the fact that somebody found it so insightful and enthralling that they had to "like" it.

-Chris-
    04-03-13 01:51 PM
    I don't know what's more disgusting - your useless post in this thread from somebody reporting a real issue, or the fact that somebody found it so insightful and enthralling that they had to "like" it.

-Chris-
    Haha

04-03-13 02:59 PM
    Ouch. What did the recipient of the 1000 emails say?
    04-03-13 03:10 PM
    Highly doubtful it's the phone itself.
    Wrong. It's the phone. There are a bunch of other people who have had the same issue. Your carrier will credit your accounts for the data usage. Hopefully you'll see a fix in the 10.1 update which is apparently coming in May.
    04-03-13 03:15 PM
    "BlackBerry_Pwner", LOL
    04-03-13 03:17 PM
    "BlackBerry_Pwner", LOL
    I know right?! It partially while I lol'd to.

04-03-13 04:10 PM