Keep the momentum coming...Just a few more days now till we know if the US will have them as rumored. I hope they do sell well here and the carriers realize the BB is back and they do not have to bow at the altar of the fruit so much.
    You mean The Other Fruit Company!
    digitalman101 and si_chindo like this.
    03-07-13 02:03 PM
    And the other X factor is, we don't know how many are deploying in the work world, other than the odd story about the German gov't, for instance.
    Have a couple links on this sort of stuff, here is the German story:
    Locked-down BlackBerry offers classified, personal use | Mobile - CNET News

And a mental health organization based out of the UK has just made an order, got this from CTV news:

BlackBerry up on news of another major supply contract | CTV News

Pretty cool stuff...
    R Field, Nels and RichardZA like this.
    03-07-13 02:12 PM
    Popped into a future shop last night, there a lady in there in a tizzy her 8330 gave up the ghost! I couldn't believe it she still had one, pretty good shape too! she wanted a new Blackberry but like the 8330, refused to look at the Z, the sales guy tried the 9900, but she thought it was ugly(huh?)
    I conveniently pulled my Z out of my pocket and bbm a buddy, Said I had one of those too, and a 9700 and i just traded in my 9900 for This", what's that she said, a blackberry I replied, really its all touch! Yup and the keyboard works great wanna try it? 5 minutes later she was at the counter buying a new Z haha, I asked the rep if I got commission nope, but he did offer up they where selling well 5-10 a day at this store alone. Just gotta spread the word and let them try it out, I know at least a dozen people that are set to switch to the Z10 in the next month and have talked to dozens randomly trolling around town.

BlackBerry fan? Very much so thanks!

Keep up the trolling people, we should have a flash mob in every major city!

Posted via CB10
    03-07-13 02:17 PM
    Sweet. Thanks for sharing everyone

Glad to see the hard work is paying off.

Posted via CB10 on my Z10!
    03-07-13 02:32 PM
    Popped into a future shop last night, there a lady in there in a tizzy her 8330 gave up the ghost! I couldn't believe it she still had one, pretty good shape too! she wanted a new Blackberry but like the 8330, refused to look at the Z, the sales guy tried the 9900, but she thought it was ugly(huh?)
    I conveniently pulled my Z out of my pocket and bbm a buddy, Said I had one of those too, and a 9700 and i just traded in my 9900 for This", what's that she said, a blackberry I replied, really its all touch! Yup and the keyboard works great wanna try it? 5 minutes later she was at the counter buying a new Z haha, I asked the rep if I got commission nope, but he did offer up they where selling well 5-10 a day at this store alone. Just gotta spread the word and let them try it out, I know at least a dozen people that are set to switch to the Z10 in the next month and have talked to dozens randomly trolling around town.

BlackBerry fan? Very much so thanks!

Keep up the trolling people, we should have a flash mob in every major city!

Posted via CB10
    Good work!
    Kriilin Namek likes this.
    03-07-13 02:41 PM
    I'm a writer and I write and research a lot about this stuff. Having polled a lot of carrier stores in Toronto, the one thing I get universally is that the phone is selling well, but it is selling to Blackberry people, for the most part. This doesn't surprise me, though Thorsten Heins claims the Z10 is selling well to switchers. I would like to see actual numbers, which BB has been careful not to release.

I hope it's a massive seller, BTW. I like to buy Canadian and I hope that sentiment is shared here.
    03-07-13 02:51 PM
    I'm a writer and I write and research a lot about this stuff. Having polled a lot of carrier stores in Toronto, the one thing I get universally is that the phone is selling well, but it is selling to Blackberry people, for the most part. This doesn't surprise me, though Thorsten Heins claims the Z10 is selling well to switchers. I would like to see actual numbers, which BB has been careful not to release.

I hope it's a massive seller, BTW. I like to buy Canadian and I hope that sentiment is shared here.
    I wouldn't be surprised if a lot of the 'switchers' weren't ex-BB owners who left the fold for other brands and are now returning in droves - because really... once a Crackberry, always a Crackberry, LOL!
    03-07-13 03:05 PM
    And I can't wait to troll around with the Z10!

One time I was in Radio Shack, this was about 2 months ago, and I was getting a new charger. The employee looked at my phone to see which one to get me and he says, "are you due for an upgrade?" I say, "no, I just used it a year ago so not for another year." Then he proceeds to tell me, "oh, because nobody has Blackberry's anymore." I gave him a dirty look.
    I hate the "you still have a Blackberry?" comments/questions too. I remember when my friend upgraded to the iPhone last year. His exact words were "It feels like going from a Gameboy to a PS3" and I asked him which phone did he have and he just responded "Blackberry". I took offense to that because he just simply said "Blackberry" like if the company only has one phone. When we got into detail I found out he upgraded from a Sprint 8350i to an iPhone. That goes to show you how out of touch people are sometimes with the terms that they use and the comparisons that they make.
    03-07-13 03:40 PM
    I'm sure there will be a pessimist looking at this, thinking "that's fine for the short term, but says nothing for long term sales". I would say that's true of iPhone and Samsung Galaxy S sales where people are invested in a brand and the majority of those buying have made their decision well in advance.

The most important thing about this strong start is that BB10 will get so much word of mouth exposure. I'm sure the majority of potential customers, that "1/3 of the smartphone market" BBRY is targeting", are undecided, but would like to see it, experience it, give it a test drive. Let's hope the momentum keeps up and the Z10 finds itself in as many hands as possible
    bigbbrybeliever likes this.
    03-07-13 03:52 PM
    Sometimes I wonder if the production estimates are way off.
    03-07-13 03:58 PM
    I hate the "you still have a Blackberry?" comments/questions too. I remember when my friend upgraded to the iPhone last year. His exact words were "It feels like going from a Gameboy to a PS3" and I asked him which phone did he have and he just responded "Blackberry". I took offense to that because he just simply said "Blackberry" like if the company only has one phone. When we got into detail I found out he upgraded from a Sprint 8350i to an iPhone. That goes to show you how out of touch people are sometimes with the terms that they use and the comparisons that they make.
    Ya I used to have the 8350i like 4 phones ago... hardly a comparison to use against the iphone. What did it have OS 4?

That cap bugs me too.

On a positive note I was in a lawyer's office I do IT for today and convinced 4 staff, 1 lawyer and 3 clerks to upgrade to the Z10. In fact she was on the phone to Rogers before I left.

I let lem all play with it (the Z10 that is...) and type on it and they were in love in minutes. 3 coming from BlackBerry and 1 from iphone.

Posted via CB10
    03-07-13 04:03 PM

One time I was in Radio Shack, this was about 2 months ago, and I was getting a new charger. The employee looked at my phone to see which one to get me and he says, "are you due for an upgrade?" I say, "no, I just used it a year ago so not for another year." Then he proceeds to tell me, "oh, because nobody has Blackberry's anymore." I gave him a dirty look.
    i troll around now with my white one.. i love the fact that no one else around me has one... i like having something no one else has... Im selfish like that...
    ErinnM and dalight13 like this.
    03-07-13 04:04 PM
    Nobody has BlackBerry anymore, yet... you are standing in the store... with a BlackBerry in your hand... I would have said, "Well I'm someone and I'm here with a BlackBerry in my hand, there goes your theory."
    Lol exactly. I thought of a few things I should have said after, but I didn't want to waste my time on this buffoon. He actually looked at my 9930 like he was confused as to what it could possibly be. I was like, "wtf?"
    03-07-13 04:05 PM
    Oh geeeeez. Isn't that the Curve? Curve's were awful, imo. I went through 2 of them. LOL Blackberry has been in business so long that they indeed have a ton of different phones that have been getting better and better over time. They aren't just stuck with one old phone! Unlike iPhone who's phones are pretty much the same thing.
    dwane32 and Abrante like this.
    03-07-13 04:09 PM
    Oh geeeeez. Isn't that the Curve? Curve's were awful, imo. I went through 2 of them. LOL Blackberry has been in business so long that they indeed have a ton of different phones that have been getting better and better over time. They aren't just stuck with one old phone! Unlike iPhone who's phones are pretty much the same thing.
    Yeah i feel the same... Never was a big fan of the curve. particularly the chiclet style keyboards. When i first got my BBRY, that's why i went the Bold way... They all look cool though in my opinion!
    03-07-13 04:13 PM
    i troll around now with my white one.. i love the fact that no one else around me has one... i like having something no one else has... Im selfish like that...
    I'll be like that. lol just leave it next to me for people to get a glimpse of and have them wonder what it was.

Yeah i feel the same... Never was a big fan of the curve. particularly the chiclet style keyboards. When i first got my BBRY, that's why i went the Bold way... They all look cool though in my opinion!
    My first BB was the Curve. Idk which. It still had the ball though. So old!
    03-07-13 04:20 PM

You should have asked him if over 70 million users is nobody.
    03-07-13 04:57 PM
    I was in a Halifax Costco today and asked about the Z10. He said they've "only had them a shirt time but they're sellers ng very well. Very, very well."
    03-07-13 05:41 PM
    Rogers Communications is promoting the BlackBerry Z10 for CAD89.00 on a three-year contract.

Posted via CB10 on the BlackBerry Z10
    semperfi45 likes this.
    03-07-13 06:04 PM
    I think for business it will be the Q10 that ends up being adopted. I just cant see major companies providing the full touch screen to their employees. Then again, maybe they'll actually get the option between the two. I have a feeling that most people in business (including my wife) that have a BB phone provided would prefer the Q over the Z.
    I thought so too but after using the BlackBerry Z10 the need for a physical keyboard is diminished. But the feel of physical keyboard is missed a bit.

Posted via CB10 on the BlackBerry Z10
    03-07-13 06:11 PM
    Was at stone road mall in Guelph today. Went in to all of the carrier stores to check and they all said the same thing. The guys at the virgin Mobile booth had blackberry tshirts on that said "go with the FLOW".
    03-07-13 06:52 PM
    Nobody has BlackBerry anymore, yet... you are standing in the store... with a BlackBerry in your hand... I would have said, "Well I'm someone and I'm here with a BlackBerry in my hand, there goes your theory."
    My response would be:

"Yes, I am nobody, cuz like they say... Nobody's PERFECT !!

03-07-13 07:04 PM
    just got back from a Bell outlet in ontario. Wanted to buy a black Z10 for my brother in law. They didn't have one. Had two white ones, but no black.

The guy in the store said they could not keep stock on the black ones. His store is allocated 40 Z10s a week and hes says they are all spoken for by the time they arrive at the store. I was number 16 on his list for the 20 he is supposed to get today. He figured he could probably sell 60 a week if he could get them.

He told me they are outselling everything else he has by at least 3 to one.

now i dunno if 40 a week from one outlet is really good or not, but I don't see how it can be all that bad. I would be careful about beleiving any of these stories about stock piling up. Certainly not happening in this neck of the Great White North.
    You hated the phone - and now you are buying more?
    03-07-13 07:30 PM
    Glad you decided to stick with the Z10! And even gladder to hear it's selling well up there. Can't wait to add to those sales figures here in the states.
    R Field and alan510 like this.
    03-07-13 07:49 PM
    I loathe anything with an i in front of it. iphone ipad ipod yad yada yda.... Hope to get my z10 soon!
    They are doing so well!

Now let's hope it does extremely well in the U.S! That is the country they need a looooooot of sales from. Too many Apple worshipers here.
    03-07-13 08:06 PM
104 1234 ...