Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
    CrackBerry Master

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Z10 Screenshot option not working!

So I'm on CB10 about to post a picture to what I'm listening to on my Z10 (which is another thread on CB at the moment). I load up Macklemore The Heist, take a screenshot, go look for it in my camera folder and.....NOTHING! Figure ok, it might not have taken, user error. Try it again and.....NOTHING.

Now I'm getting irritated, try something else like my home screen and.....NOTHING! Restart the phone and try again....NOTHING! Do a battery pull and try again.....NOTHING!

Anyone else experiencing this issue. It's weird because I've used the feature before and now it's not working.

Posted via CB10 using a Z10
    "Think highly of yourself, because the world will take you at your own estimate."
    CrackBerry Genius

Nope mine seems to work fine. Have you tried doing a reboot on the phone to see if that fixes the issue??. If you have and its still doing it, could be a 3rd party app causing issues??
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    1,978 Global Posts

It's on device memory, not the SD card.

Posted via CB10
    I LOVE MY 8310 9700 9900 Z10 Z30!
    Distinguished

Global Posts
    15,153 Global Posts
    PIN
    Pin Point Accuracy

When you press the volume up & down together, do you actually hear the sound of it taking a screen shot?

Try restarting the device, and trying again.

CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

Global Posts
    5,918 Global Posts

Screen shots get saved to the device, not the sd card so check the pictures folder there. As for the lock screen, it doesn't take screen shots of that anymore

Posted via CB10
    CrackBerry Master

Thread AuthorThread Author   #6  

Quote Originally Posted by bluetroll View Post
    It's on device memory, not the SD card.

Posted via CB10
    No I checked that, even switched the camera option within settings from save to microSD back to internal memory just to test it out. Figured it would then save the shot to the camera folder directly on the phone and it still didn't work.

"Think highly of yourself, because the world will take you at your own estimate."
    CrackBerry Master

Thread AuthorThread Author   #7  

Quote Originally Posted by cjcampbell View Post
    Screen shots get saved to the device, not the sd card so check the pictures folder there. As for the lock screen, it doesn't take screen shots of that anymore

Posted via CB10
    Yup I hear the camera sound and I've already restarted and did a battery pull as well.

I stated that in my post.

CrackBerry Master

Thread AuthorThread Author   #8  

Really? No one has experienced this or can assist with this issue? This is going to suck if I have to download an app to do something the phone should be doing.

CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,079 Global Posts

Sorry mine works still! Just had to go find it from the device memory folder, as previously stated.

Z10 Screenshot option not working!-img_00000498.png

Posted from my Z10 via CB10
  10. aziandevil

Quote Originally Posted by Carmels View Post
    Really? No one has experienced this or can assist with this issue? This is going to suck if I have to download an app to do something the phone should be doing.

When you go to "Pictures", click on the "Recent" tab (if not defaulted) on the bottom left of your screen. Do you see the screenshots under the "Recently Added"?
    How about under the "Camera" tab and listed in the category "April 2013 (Media Files: #)"?

CrackBerry Master

Mine works fine but I will admit it took me ages to find the image on my device the first time I did it...

Posted via CB10
    Sorta Kinda Bento Lunch - Channel for easy lunch ideas! C001A8DC6
    Browsing from your BlackBerry? Click Here to Join!
    CrackBerry Abuser

Sorry, screen shots have always worked for me. Always in 'Camera' folder, on Device, no matter where Camera is set to store photos. (I have Save Pictures on Media Card 'On', screen shots still wind up in \Device\Camera.)
    CrackBerry Master

Thread AuthorThread Author   #13  

Quote Originally Posted by aziandevil View Post
    When you go to "Pictures", click on the "Recent" tab (if not defaulted) on the bottom left of your screen. Do you see the screenshots under the "Recently Added"?
    How about under the "Camera" tab and listed in the category "April 2013 (Media Files: #)"?

Thanks for the suggestions. But no cigar.

I've even just backed up everything on my phone and reformatted my microSD card. Left ever thing off the card and tried taking a screenshot...
    NOTHING! I don't know why this feature stopped working and I know it is not me as I've used it before when I first got the phone. So my suspension is I have an app that's causing me some irritation!

CrackBerry Abuser

Thanks for the suggestions. But no cigar.

I've even just backed up everything on my phone and reformatted my microSD card. Left ever thing off the card and tried taking a screenshot...
    NOTHING! I don't know why this feature stopped working and I know it is not me as I've used it before when I first got the phone. So my suspension is I have an app that's causing me some irritation!

Do you have a work account setup? If so, the screenshot will be in the work profile. If you want to see it in the personal profile, you must lock work account before taking a screenshot.

Posted via CB10
    CrackBerry Abuser

PIN
    Which one? Ask me.

Wonder if it won't let you take screen caps of protected media. Sounds odd that you're the only one reporting this issue.

Mine works fine.
    Z10 Screenshot option not working!-img_00000082.png

BBX-I Said it!
    CrackBerry Master

Thread AuthorThread Author   #16  

Quote Originally Posted by igotaq View Post
    Do you have a work account setup? If so, the screenshot will be in the work profile. If you want to see it in the personal profile, you must lock work account before taking a screenshot.

Posted via CB10
    Yup! Switched over to my work profile with balance and under pictures, there were all the screenshots! Wow! How did you figure this out? I wouldn't have never of thought about that.

Thank you!

CrackBerry Master

Thread AuthorThread Author   #17  

Now how do I lock my work account before taking a screenshot?

CrackBerry Abuser

PIN
    no

Not to thread hijack, but I can't seem to take a screen shot of my lock screen.... screen shots work fine when the phone is unlocked but not on the lock screen... any ideas?

Posted via CB10
    CrackBerry Addict

Quote Originally Posted by Core_Frequency View Post
    Not to thread hijack, but I can't seem to take a screen shot of my lock screen.... screen shots work fine when the phone is unlocked but not on the lock screen... any ideas?

Posted via CB10
    This was removed in the latest updates, but there is a work around. Start Up the music player and play any song. Lock it and voila. Screen shot for your lock screen will work this way.

Posted from my ZED10
    Thanked by:
    Core_Frequency (04-17-2013) 
    CrackBerry Abuser

Now how do I lock my work account before taking a screenshot?

Open quick settings thingy from home screen. (swipe down) click on balance and it will lock your work account.

Posted via CB10
    CrackBerry Abuser

Wow! How did you figure this out? I wouldn't have never of thought about that.

Thank you!

I'm a psychic lol. Jk.

That's the security of balance. I think it's a good thing.

Posted via CB10
    CrackBerry Newbie

Default screenshot

I just tested this on my device and also heard the camera click but couldn't find the picture.

When I went through the device help, it instructed me to look on the WORK side of the device if blackberry balance is installed.

Sure enough, all 3 screen shots showed up in pictures.

hope that helps!
    CrackBerry Newbie

Default no screenshot AND no camera

I can't seem to be able to capture screenshot nor be able to use the camera. Holding the volume keys together on the Z10 for me no longer 'clicks'. Further when I start the camera it says 'Camera can't be started '....
    CrackBerry Newbie

Default Same here. Started about 2 weeks ago.

Not only does the screen shot not work, the normal camera doesn't work either. Screen capture "clicks" but no picture. Camera takes a picture, shows the thumb nail, but when you click on the thumb nail to see it, it's gone.
    I have deleted most media files, pulled battery, updated to the latest available OS. Still no camera action. I feel bad now for recommending Z10 to everyone the first few months I had it. Never again.