So when BB revealed screen share, I thought "What am I really going to use that for??". But I was soooo wrong, I'm loving the functionality of Screen Share, here's a couple examples, BB should do more to advertise the potential.

1 - Assistance
    So my friend was BBMing me asking how to where to configure something... rather than try to explain where, I simply shared my screen and showed him how to get to it. Does it get any easier than that?

2 - Story Telling
    While Video chatting with a friend the other day, he asked me how my ski trip out west went, so I said I'll show you! I shared my screen but narrated the story while sharing pictures (pinch and zoom), internet links, map locations. What an enjoyable experience.

3 - Business Presentations
    This will be very handy where I work! Imagine I am with a customer and they have some questions about a specific product or service. I could just BBM my content expert and connect my Z10 to a TV via HDMI. He/she could take control of my screen and make a presentation from an airport or living room. Technology is amazing...

Why does BB not advertise this kind of potential??? Even a you tube video, it will get passed around. Just thought I'd share some of my great Z10 experience. I understand what Thor means by a future of mobile computing!
    02-18-13 07:58 AM
    Does BB monitor this site? How do they receive constructive criticism?
    02-18-13 08:05 AM
  3. world traveler and former ceo's Avatar
    its an amazing feature.. no doubt many innovative uses to come!
    02-18-13 08:36 AM
    anyway to get better quality on screen sharing? I'm on wifi and the screen looks very choppy and compressed images
    02-18-13 08:44 AM
    It is super cool, then I remembered: "Cameron doesn't share!"
    But cool nonetheless
    TTYL

Cameron.

Posted via CB10
    02-18-13 08:46 AM
    Yeah, it's an awesome feature... BlackBerry needs to market the heck out of it though otherwise it will join the ranks of all the other awesome things BlackBerry does that others dont... then apple will release a similar feature, years down the road, and call it innovation, the crowd will go wild, the media will be a buzz, and blackberry will have failed again (at marketing)
    02-18-13 09:39 AM
    Like 'bedside mode'? I saw a commercial for it on an iphone the other day and everyone thought it was a great idea. I told the 8 people that were there that I have had that option for 6 years on my Last couple BlackBerry's. Half of them thought I was full of it. Sad that it seems like Apple's new great idea to the general public?

CB10 App, Z10
    02-18-13 10:05 AM
    Haha, ya ignorance is bliss! Did you know Steve Jobs invented the smartphone?
    02-19-13 07:55 AM