Suddenly yesterday, my z10 screen stopped displaying anything. I thought the battery was dead, so I plugged it in for a few hours. Still nothing. But -- when I remove and replace the battery, I get the Blackberry start up screen, then nothing.

Then I noticed the red LED reminder was working, I had received emails. I had my GF call my z10, and yes it rings. I swiped to receive the call, and yes, the phone works, we could carry on a conversation.

What would make the startup screen work, but every thing else be black? Do I have to do a total reset? Would that fix it?
    09-13-15 04:07 PM
    I would try a total reset through LINK. You may have to reload the OS if that doesn't work
    09-13-15 04:28 PM
    I too had the same issue recently in my Q10....i tried restoring many OS, via link, via autoloader...bt dint help....hardreset and battery pulls too dint help...I couldnt recognise what the issue is...but pressing a little hard on many sides of display, mainly corners can help...try it and lemme know...

Q10SQN100-3/10.3.2.2639
    09-13-15 06:10 PM
    I am not sure if this will help, but try giving it a go - turn off the phone, remove the battery, then remove and re-insert the sim card at least twice. While battery is still out, press and hold the power button for at least 20-25 seconds. Now install the battery and see if that works in any way. I hope you will get it to work, as I know how it feels when the phone goes dead on you. Good luck . If nothing happens, try repeating the process one more time. I am not technical, but i had a similar issue and I don't know why, but the above process seemed to work for me. Might have been a coincidence.

Posted via CB10
    09-14-15 04:13 AM
    It looks like it must be a hardware problem with the screen. I connected my computer monitor to the z10 HDMI port, and I can see everything just fine. If I calibrate my finger on the z10 touch screen to the 22 inch computer monitor, I can enter my password and run apps.

It's just the z10 screen that is black. I did get into the z10 Settings and made sure screen brightness was set to bright. That didn't help.

Could it be a loose wire inside the z10? I was bicycling at the time when the screen went black.
    09-14-15 09:55 AM
    Replying to myself . . .

A weird thing happens. After being connected by the HDMI cable, after about 10 minutes, the phone's screen starts working again. I don't know if it's a mechanical affect or an electrical affect, but it happens. I took it home, it worked for a few hours, then it went black again. Hooked it back up to the HDMI cable, after several minutes, the phone's screen works again. Weird.
    09-17-15 04:29 PM
    Replying to myself . . .

A weird thing happens. After being connected by the HDMI cable, after about 10 minutes, the phone's screen starts working again. I don't know if it's a mechanical affect or an electrical affect, but it happens. I took it home, it worked for a few hours, then it went black again. Hooked it back up to the HDMI cable, after several minutes, the phone's screen works again. Weird.
    Very interesting. Sensors might think that hdmi is connected when it really isn't.

Have you dropped the phone with the hdmi cable plugged in?

Keep us posted!

 Frosty White Q10/10.3.2.2639 CB10 
    09-17-15 04:45 PM