Hi

I am wondering if anyone can help me. I very recently purchased a Z10 from a member here and its on the same Telus network as my Q10. I took out the sim card from my Q10 and popped it into the Z10 but the Z10 says that there is no sim card detected. I tried it three times. I even wiped the blackberry (even though it was previously wiped before receiving) and still a no go. I called Telus to verify that it was a Telus phone and they confirmed it is however they said the warrantly expired a month ago and they suggested I bring it in to have it sent out. I do not want to accuse the member of selling me a phone with a defective sim card tray and was hoping that someone might have run into this issue previously and can provide me with some knowledge. I returned the sim card to my Q10 and works flawlessly. Please advise
    03-06-14 02:27 PM
    Try using a different sim card.

Posted via CB10
    03-06-14 02:29 PM
    I actually tried 3 different telus sim cards

Q10 and Z10 with Telus on 10.2.1.2141
    03-06-14 02:49 PM
    Hi

I am wondering if anyone can help me. I very recently purchased a Z10 from a member here and its on the same Telus network as my Q10. I took out the sim card from my Q10 and popped it into the Z10 but the Z10 says that there is no sim card detected. I tried it three times. I even wiped the blackberry (even though it was previously wiped before receiving) and still a no go. I called Telus to verify that it was a Telus phone and they confirmed it is however they said the warrantly expired a month ago and they suggested I bring it in to have it sent out. I do not want to accuse the member of selling me a phone with a defective sim card tray and was hoping that someone might have run into this issue previously and can provide me with some knowledge. I returned the sim card to my Q10 and works flawlessly. Please advise
    Actually the same thing happened to me with a Z10 (AT&T) that I bought off of Ebay a month ago. Everything seemed fine but it wouldnt read the SIM card. I even payed for unlocking it ($35 that I didnt get back). I tried everything but nothing worked. I sent it back to the seller.
    I hope you find a way to make it work but I wouldnt get my hopes up.

Good Luck!
    03-06-14 03:10 PM
    Hi

you may just need a new sim card tray
    03-06-14 03:15 PM
    Thanks for the responses. I took the phone into telus and after swapping my sim card and trying a few troubleshooting techniques (everything I basically tried) they wanted to send it in for a repair. They wanted $150 and said they would go ahead with the repair and if it was over $150, they would call me for approval first. I purchased this phone from a crackberry member who did not disclose that anything was wrong with the phone. The telus rep said it is definitely a Telus phone and isnt reported stolen. The rep said that my sim card should work in the Z10 no problem, but clearly, there is a problem
    03-06-14 05:48 PM
    Thanks for the responses. I took the phone into telus and after swapping my sim card and trying a few troubleshooting techniques (everything I basically tried) they wanted to send it in for a repair. They wanted $150 and said they would go ahead with the repair and if it was over $150, they would call me for approval first. I purchased this phone from a crackberry member who did not disclose that anything was wrong with the phone. The telus rep said it is definitely a Telus phone and isnt reported stolen. The rep said that my sim card should work in the Z10 no problem, but clearly, there is a problem
    oh dear that's not good hope it not over $150 so when will you have your device back? did they say
    03-06-14 05:51 PM
    One reason why I never buy second hand phones. If you can't test them out fully beforehand to make sure they work correctly it just not worth the money.

Hope you get it sorted out and doesn?t cost you too much more.

Z10 In action here!
    03-06-14 06:33 PM
    That is my first encountered hardware problem with my first Z10...

And according to the tech, it is a fatal hardware problem... good thing that it happened only a week after I purchased the unit so they replaced it with new device... and that is still the same device I'm using now...

Posted via CB10
    03-06-14 10:50 PM