I've had my Z10 for 2 weeks now and am disappointed with the following:

1. I cannot turn off email accounts temporarily: Before on my 9900 I had to go into security settings and turn firewall on to block all incoming emails. Why has BB not addressed this issue. When I sent bulk emails I don't want them coming into my handset.

2. Email deletes from server: This is one change I simply cannot believe. Deleting emails on the handset now deletes them from the server. What ever happened to asking me?

3. Select All in BBM Gone: Simple question - why? This was a nice feature to have.

4. FB App: when you logout you "delete the account entirely" - why??

5. Browser Links: So I have an online phonebook and when I click on a phone number it does not auto know that's a phone # to dial. My iPhone does on that same site.

6. Copying/Pasting: Can't copy/paste into the phone dial pad.

The Z10 is a vast improvement over the 9900 but seriously it barely hangs in there for the real smart phones. I have an iPhone as well and I must say that altho I like the Z10 I LOVE my iPhone - small things make such a huge difference. BB needs to work on this phone some more. Some of the things above they should have left as they were - not everything needed to be fixed/changed on the phone.
    04-18-13 04:16 PM
    I've had my Z10 for 2 weeks now and am disappointed with the following:
    Every platform, and especially a newer platform, is going to have its own hits & misses. I'll answer a few of your points...

1. I cannot turn off email accounts temporarily: Before on my 9900 I had to go into security settings and turn firewall on to block all incoming emails. Why has BB not addressed this issue. When I sent bulk emails I don't want them coming into my handset.
    Tough to answer without knowing your situation. Might be a case where you'd want to have a different email address for those bulk messages.

You can turn off a specific email account from showing in the main Hub view. In the Hub, tap the overflow icon (3 dots, bottom right) and tap Settings. Tap Hub Management, and there you can easily toggle each account on/off for the main Hub view.

That specific account will still accrue its messages. In the Hub tap the bottom left menu key (or hold it and drag it to right) to see your accounts.
    If you long press a date in the Hub, whether in the main view or a specific account, an action menu opens on right and includes options to Mark Prior Read or Delete Prior.

Hopefully some of that helps.
    2. Email deletes from server: This is one change I simply cannot believe. Deleting emails on the handset now deletes them from the server. What ever happened to asking me?
    Yes, I find this unacceptable too, although I'm now used to it, and have adjusted my habits accordingly. If I want an email on my PC only, I just don't delete until next time I've opened Outlook so it receives the email too, before deleting it on my Z10 removes it from server.
    I've heard mentioned this will be remedied in a future OS update, but never seen a reference to that personally from anywhere reliable.
    You can also look at changing email service providers. A cloud-based email server gives you more options.
    3. Select All in BBM Gone: Simple question - why? This was a nice feature to have.
    I assume you mean for Broadcast Messages? I believe this is added to BBM with the OS 10.1 update.
    4. FB App: when you logout you "delete the account entirely" - why??
    I can't comment on this directly. I'm that weirdo that doesn't use Facebook.

Again, why log out? Not answer you're looking for, I know. Just remove it from showing in the main Hub view.
    5. Browser Links: So I have an online phonebook and when I click on a phone number it does not auto know that's a phone # to dial. My iPhone does on that same site.
    Yes, this was a goof. This opposite is annoying in other settings. I've had a 10-digit account number in an email recognized by the Z10 as a phone number. Accidentally tapping it launched a phone call without asking me first.

I know I've read about this, but I can't recall for sure if I saw this among 10.1 fixes.
    6. Copying/Pasting: Can't copy/paste into the phone dial pad.
    I understand this is fixed in OS 10.1, but I'm not 100% on that.
    The Z10 is a vast improvement over the 9900 but seriously it barely hangs in there for the real smart phones. I have an iPhone as well and I must say that altho I like the Z10 I LOVE my iPhone - small things make such a huge difference. BB needs to work on this phone some more. Some of the things above they should have left as they were - not everything needed to be fixed/changed on the phone.
    I agree with the sentiment, but not specifically with the iPhone part since I don't use it.
    The good news is that BBRY seems more receptive than ever to both receiving constructive criticism and acting on it in a reasonable amount of time.

I'd urge you to join BlackBerry Beta Zone, as their is a Z10 Owners Community there. One of the few places where you stand a very good chance for an actual BBRY employee to read your feedback.
    04-18-13 04:46 PM
    Awesome! Thanks very much. Good idea re the hub actually - I guess if I dont see the emails there - outta sight out of mind!

When is the OS 10.1 expected?
    04-19-13 12:10 PM
    PS: how do you do CAPS lock on this phone?
    04-19-13 12:19 PM
    Hold the shift key for a couple seconds, if it's like the pb.
    04-19-13 01:16 PM
    PS: how do you do CAPS lock on this phone?
    Hold the shift key for a couple seconds, if it's like the pb.

Yes that's right. Hold down the shift key and it will get a blue underline once CAPS lock is on.

This is how you CB10, son!
    04-20-13 12:52 AM