Hi all, I need some input beyond Rogers tech support

My Z10 completely just shut down a month or so ago just randomly and had to put it in repair, a month after the warranty ended. Thankfully, when it came back from repair, they just gave me a new Z10 instead of charging me to fix it. Whew.

However, lately, the phone has been randomly rebooting on its own. I didn't really think of it much until this morning. A few days ago, I was on a call and then it was silent on the other end, and this demon like sound comes on (I wish I could make this **** up) and growls or whatever for what felt like a whole minute, and then the network dropped to Emergency Calls Only and then rebooted. Once it came back, it was still on Emerg only. So, I shut down and did a battery pull out. Came back on, and still only Emerg calls. I was at the gym at this point, and so just left it, and did my workout. At some point it returned to normal and full LTE etc.

Yesterday, I had the phone in my pocket for a minute or two and when I took it out it was in the middle of rebooting. Didn't think anything of it. This morning I was picking up a call and just as I answered it decided to reboot again. I haven't installed much - if at all really - on this new phone, and definitely no Android apps, because I haven't had time and its on the latest OS on Rogers.

I will reload the OS tonight but any suggestions otherwise? I am just afraid its going to shut down randomly again soon and not turn on like last time.

Thanks!!
    04-16-14 09:52 AM
    Well, I had rebooting issues, twice (but with a blue screen) and both times traced it to an app. Both came from BBerry World, though I know one was a ported Android. See how it behaves after reloading the OS.
    04-16-14 10:06 AM
    Try the following. Make sure the battery is tightly in place. Cut a business card and place it at the bottom of the battery. If that doesn't help, wipe the device, reload the OS if you want.

If you back up your phone and then restore, you're probably going to restore your issue.

If you have anything in password keeper, you can export the info into an excel sheet. Anything in Remember would be lost.

I have a Q10 and a Z10 and they don't reboot ramdomly.

Lastly if you have a case maybe the case is pressing on the power button?

Posted via CB10
    04-16-14 10:16 AM
    I've had the Devils voice on several different phones on koodo in the past. If I remember correctly I even had it on my q5 which is only 5 weeks old.

I would not worry about it.
    I have come to realize that all major Canadian cell phone providers must have signed on with the devil himself, so it's just a cross feed from his personal line to their head office.
    04-16-14 11:05 AM
    The repair is still under warranty. Call and get a replacement.

Via
    04-16-14 11:08 AM
    Could be a z10 with that overheating issue where the thermal paste isn't making contact with the chassis. Definitely a defect issue.

Posted via CB10
    04-16-14 05:21 PM
    More than likely either an app causing the issue or the OS. I would back up you data only in Link, and wipe the device. Then reload your OS then apps from scratch. If you're good with loading leaks 10.2.1.2947 is probably the smoothest OS to date. I have had zero issues with the OS.

Posted Via my Kick @ss BlackBerry Z30
    04-16-14 05:27 PM