Last week I flew KLM from Amsterdam to Calgary. I used my Z10 the night before to do the online check-in and got my boarding passes as a pdf file.

I had never used a paperless boarding pass before so I was a bit worried. I was sure they were going to have to print one for me at the airport... but noooo.... the entire KLM check-in, bag drop, passport check, security check and actual boarding all worked just using the Z10 display.

The pdf file contained both our boarding passes and I found it smooth and easy to scroll from one pass to the other as we passed through the various checkpoints.

Z10 rules the world!!!
    David in Durham and yvpan1 like this.
    05-30-13 08:07 AM
    Cool! I wish Ryanair also did this!

Posted via CB10
    05-30-13 08:24 AM
    Lufthansa has been doing that for a while - used their app on the Bold 9900 and i will soon be using it on the Z10.

Posted via CB10
    05-30-13 09:04 AM
    I never saw anyone else doing this so it was kinda weird but all the airport folks were ready with their scanners. The flight attendants just gave it a quick glance and just laughed and said "As long as you're on the right flight!" It was funny at the moment - I guess you had to be there.

A couple of the folks said "ooh the new blackberry - cool!" It was very cool!!!
    05-30-13 09:26 AM
    I wish Emirates had a BB10 app. It would make sense for them to considering how many people in the middle east use blackberry.

Posted via CB10
    05-30-13 09:34 AM
    I wish Emirates had a BB10 app. It would make sense for them to considering how many people in the middle east use blackberry.

Posted via CB10
    Hey Rezia,

KLM doesn't have a BB app - I just used their website and navigated to their online check-in page and it worked just fine. The last step in the process was when they provided the pdf file which I just tapped "save" and named it KLM, then when I needed to find it fast, just used the Z10 search for "KLM" and there it is. Worked beautifully - no need for yet another app!
    05-30-13 09:47 AM
    On a side note, you do not need an app for your carrier. My Lufthansa app will handle a flight with SAS as well(and then rerun via Lufthansa).

If you have a booking code it will handle all flights.
    BlackBerry Travel will als monitor flights but does not offer a check in facility.

Posted via CB10
    05-30-13 09:47 AM
    KLM doesn't have a BB app
    Sure they do!
    BlackBerry World - KLM for BlackBerry 10

Next step: boarding passes on NFC ;-)
    David in Durham likes this.
    05-31-13 03:00 AM
    Sure they do!
    BlackBerry World - KLM for BlackBerry 10

Next step: boarding passes on NFC ;-)
    Wow I'm impressed. Turns out I was able to use the Z10 just fine for KLM's online check-in without the app, but I agree the app makes it easier.

BB10 is really coming on strong!

Posted via CB10
    05-31-13 01:15 PM