A quick scan of the Z10 thread subjects will leave many readers with absolutely the wrong impression of this device. This community needs to think very carefully before using words and phrases like "Hate", "Not Working", "Problem", "Dead", "Negative", "Issues", "??", and so on. If we have questions about the device, or something doesn't seem to be working the way we expect it to, we would be well advised to calmly ask questions and seek help, hopefully after thoroughly researching the issue.

Here's the way I look at it: There is a 90% probability that 90% of BlackBerry\s Waterloo Developers are 90% smarter than me. If something doesn't seem "intuitive", it may well be that my "intuition" is misguided and they've figured out a better way. When I am missing some "nice to have" functionality, I assume it is not on the "to do" list, but it is on the "to to better" list.

Anyone with experience developing computer systems will realize that what BlackBerry has accomplished over the last 3 years is staggering. Their commitment to Social and Integrated applications increases complexity exponentially and slows development time, but it also means we can expect great things in the next 3 years.

One more thing. BlackBerry is taking the high road throughout their OS 10 development. They are presenting a relentlessly positive and open approach to everything they do. This is a reflection of their leadership and I, among many, am a very big Thorsten Heins fan.
    02-24-13 12:20 PM
    I agree with you. BlackBerry developers have proven to me that they are extremely clever and detail oriented. I've not used a z10 yet, but I've been very impressed with the little things that blackberry has included on previous phones that are absent on every other phone I've used. Those thoughtful convenience things are much more important to me than if I can stream movies, etc. It's a shame the rest of the population doesn't recognize those things.

Blackberries are designed for intelligent people that are capable of abstract thought. Unfortunately, there are very few of these people out there these days.

I wonder how the z10 compares to the playbook, functionally. I'm very happy with the gesture based navigation of the PB.
    G-bone likes this.
    02-24-13 12:29 PM
    If something doesn't seem "intuitive", it may well be that my "intuition" is misguided and they've figured out a better way.
    +1 to this. A non-Blackberry, but relevant, short story (my favourite example of this):

I bought my first Mac in 2004. Learned how to pin things to the dock fairly quickly, but for the life of me could not figure out how to get something OUT of the dock. Having used Windows for a decade before that, I searched the right-click menus, scoured the system preferences, looked everywhere inside the app I wanted out of there to try and find some way to remove it. Then went online, searching for the answer, and found nothing. I assumed I was missing something that no one had bothered to mention because it was so dirt simple, and eventually (after hours - ! - of struggle), stumbled on the answer by complete accident.

The actual solution: Grab the icon, pull out of dock.

The lesson: I was making this way more complicated than it needed to be. The actual solution was much more intuitive than anything at the end of the road I was hunting down. I had been conditioned to do that particular thing the hard way, and couldn't even conceive of an easier way.
    tubbyandtattooed and tsmall07 like this.
    02-24-13 12:34 PM
    I'm afraid I have to add an element of cynicism here.

I believe that many of the thread titles have those negative words in them intentionally. There are a lot of people that simply want BB to fail, and I think there's some credence in the theory that some are trying to populate various BB10/z10 related social hubs with negative slanted discussions.

Might just be me putting on the tinfoil hat, but...

Posted via CB10 from Z10
    G-bone and zombie73 like this.
    02-24-13 12:56 PM
    I have stated many times previously, but it bears repeating :
    Release is just the beginning
    Every new platform is pretty bare-bones at launch. For bare-bones, Z10 is pretty darned good. The way the media has gone on about "how long " it took BlackBerry to release the 10, you might get the impression that the media had a clue. You would be wrong. Two years is fast-tracked to a large degree. Another 1 - 3 years of development would not have been out of the question.
    It will only get better. The Devil is in the details. Everything will improve : more apps, better features, improved performance - better details.
    Expectations have been SO high that anything less than pure perfection would be disappointment.
    Americans complain that they don't have it yet. Everybody else complains that they don't yet have apps/features that Americans will have at launch. And patience is not a big part of modern culture.
    Speaking of culture, Thor, et al, are still working to change the culture at BlackBerry.
    In the words of The Man Himself : "This is not the finish line. This is the starting line "
    'Nuff said.

#BB10Believe
    zombie73 likes this.
    02-24-13 12:59 PM
    Yes. Yes it certainly rocks.

Posted via CB10 from Z10
    02-24-13 02:46 PM
    I know its a baby OS, and it will only get better, but as is.... it does rock!
    02-24-13 02:50 PM
    The Blackberry people did an amazing job with all their phones. The 9800 and 9900 are also very impressive. The Z10 beat everything they ever did. It's operating system and software need some refinements.

I remember when Windows 95 and then 98 came out. These OS's were bug riddled, to be even worse than the new Z10 OS if a comparison can be done. I remember the Blue Screens with early Windows OS's that were caused by driver and OS code problems. It took many updates for MS to fix everything.
    02-24-13 02:56 PM