If there are any new Z10 ring tones and sounds, and if you have access to them, could someone post them please?

Thanks.
    02-02-13 07:20 AM
    There are new ones but a total of only a few for each category (bbm / messages / sms) and they sound similar to each other and are very basic.
    I was looking forward to a new extensive library of tones with BB10.

Lets hope I've missed something or they'll improve with future os updates.
    02-02-13 07:43 AM
    I don't see anyway we can add ringtones to the Notification setting for ringtones, sms, bbm etc...

You can only customize each contact's ringtone in the Contact app but not set your own ringtone globally. this sucks.

we have several ringtone apps on blackberry world that you can use for individual contacts.

I hope someone finds out how to set ringtones globally. the default ringtones gets boring very quickly.
    02-02-13 08:35 AM
    I don't see anyway we can add ringtones to the Notification setting for ringtones, sms, bbm etc...
    This works the same way it always did on BlackBerry phones. Click on Tones and scroll down to Browse Music or Browse Tones. You can choose any ringtones you've got stored on your memory card.
    CrownIsle and kam2958 like this.
    02-02-13 08:46 AM
    Is possible for you guys to post some of the new ringtones? Or are they inaccessible like they are with the PlayBook?
    02-02-13 08:48 AM
    This works the same way it always did on BlackBerry phones. Click on Tones and scroll down to Browse Music or Browse Tones. You can choose any ringtones you've got stored on your memory card.
    Hi, I'm on the Dev alpha B unit with the latest OS and i don't have that option. can you please post a screen shot with the drop down? thanks
    02-02-13 08:50 AM
    Hi, I'm on the Dev alpha B unit with the latest OS and i don't have that option. can you please post a screen shot with the drop down? thanks
    Sure...

Z10 Ringtones and Sounds-img_00000015.jpg
    02-02-13 08:57 AM
    thanks. is the screen the same for Phone ringtone?

do you know which folder the ringtones are stored on the sd card or do you get the file chooser to select from any folder?

can you please send me a PM message?
    02-02-13 09:03 AM
    thanks. is the screen the same for Phone ringtone?

do you know which folder the ringtones are stored on the sd card or do you get the file chooser to select from any folder?
    The screen is similar for Phone, but you don't get the Browse Tones option... and yes, you get the file chooser to select from anywhere.
    02-02-13 09:09 AM
    The screen is similar for Phone, but you don't get the Browse Tones option... and yes, you get the file chooser to select from anywhere.
    So you can't select your own ringtone for Phone ringtone then and must select Browse Music?
    02-02-13 09:11 AM
    So you can't select your own ringtone for Phone ringtone then and must select Browse Music?
    You can because the file chooser comes up, allowing you to select a ringtone from anywhere on the phone or SD card.

I'm not sure why the option is different, but it effectively does the same thing.
    02-02-13 09:17 AM
    You can because the file chooser comes up, allowing you to select a ringtone from anywhere on the phone or SD card.

I'm not sure why the option is different, but it effectively does the same thing.
    Great. Thanks! Do you mind doing a test for me? if so please email me at [email protected]
    02-02-13 09:22 AM
    Sounds like there are still some inconsistencies within to UI.
    02-02-13 10:12 AM
    Sooooo... about those ringtones?
    jordandrews90 likes this.
    02-02-13 04:58 PM
    I've changed the text tone for my gf but it doesn't appear to have had any effect. Changed the ring tone ok on her contact - that works well. Any ideas, anyone?
    02-02-13 05:37 PM
    Great. Thanks! Do you mind doing a test for me? if so please email me at [email protected]
    Haha, with all the apps you people have done for Blackberry you don't have a dev Alpha or Z10 device yet?
    02-03-13 01:54 AM
    Does anyone have the BlackBerry Protector locator sound? I love it..
    02-03-13 06:12 AM
    Lol... I hate that sound but VERY EFFECTIVE for finding a misplaced phone
    02-03-13 10:58 PM
    02-03-13 11:47 PM
    I've changed the text tone for my gf but it doesn't appear to have had any effect. Changed the ring tone ok on her contact - that works well. Any ideas, anyone?
    I also have the same problem, I think it might be a bug.
    02-04-13 04:21 AM
    Thanks for this but is it possible to post them in individual mp3 files? I really like them. I could just use an mp3 editor to separate the tones but wondering if you could post them individually...
    02-04-13 09:50 AM
    Hi I have the same problem as Bounce 007 and can't see the solution in this thread. I set the ringtone in contacts to personalise and it works but the text tone doesn't change to what I had prewviously. I have tried relocating the tones to the device memory from the SD card but this doesn't work and have tried other contacts and the same thing happens. Any solutions?
    Thanks
    02-05-13 02:01 AM
    Hi I have the same problem as Bounce 007 and can't see the solution in this thread. I set the ringtone in contacts to personalise and it works but the text tone doesn't change to what I had prewviously. I have tried relocating the tones to the device memory from the SD card but this doesn't work and have tried other contacts and the same thing happens. Any solutions?
    Thanks
    There is no option to set a Text Tone for contacts.
    It's Messages Notification Tone... as in emails.
    02-05-13 04:32 AM
    There is no option to set a Text Tone for contacts.
    It's Messages Notification Tone... as in emails.
    If that is the case it makes sense why it doesn't work but I would expect to receive more texts from people than emails so would hope for text alerts instead.
    bradfordbantam likes this.
    02-05-13 07:36 AM
    Why then does it give you the option in contact as in previous OS on storm curve torch but and it works but not Z10? And why does it work for the ring tone and mot the text? In the contact entry I can clearly see the selected file as I can the ring tone. I think this is an OS issue.
    02-05-13 10:12 AM
40 12