Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By europolska00
  • 1 Post By northlondon
    CrackBerry Abuser

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Z10 Ringer and VM Notification Not Working

I had this problem last night. Got my new Z10 and noticed I was missing calls but not hearing it ring. I made sure I had sound on and volume up etc. Still nothing. I also noticed I would not get voicemail notification when I had a voicemail. I rebooted the device and it fixed the ringtone issue but voice mail indicator was still not working. This morning I rebooted again and my voicemail notification popped up.

I hope this issue has resolved itself, but I'm afraid the problem will crop up again. Has anyone else had these issue?

Thanks
    EuroPolska
    Thanked by:
    northlondon (02-07-2013) 
    northlondon likes this.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    266 Global Posts
    PIN
    2AD6BA20

My voice mail icon won't go away lol
    CrackBerry User

I am with Bell Mobility. I am getting voicemails but no voicemail notifications - i.e. voicemail icon or with my BB 9810 I would also get a text re voicemail. The only "clue" that there might be a voicemail is the missed call log in the Hub. I just spent over 2 hours on the phone with Bell and then Blackberry support and still no answer. However, BB support says they will get back to me in about 2 hours - hopefully with a solution.

On a related note, I can't set my voicemail password either. I go into voicemail from the Calls - Phone Settings area and while I can set the password, it doesn't stay saved when I exit the Phone Settings. Anyone else have this problem?
    CrackBerry User

I'm having the same problem. From time to time *all* sounds, apart from actual phone call audio fails. This includes audio from the music app.

The only way that I've found to fix this is to reboot.

I know it's new software, but it's pretty disappointing to see such a fundamental failure.
    kbz1960 likes this.
    CrackBerry User

I am now getting voicemail notifications - but only on the lock screen - no voicemail icon on the top status bar when Z10 is unlocked. I also now receiving text messages re voicemails received.

Question:. Are others getting a voicemail icon in the top status bar and, if so, what network are you on?
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    266 Global Posts
    PIN
    2AD6BA20

Quote Originally Posted by Jackson17 View Post
    I am now getting voicemail notifications - but only on the lock screen - no voicemail icon on the top status bar when Z10 is unlocked. I also now receiving text messages re voicemails received.

Question:. Are others getting a voicemail icon in the top status bar and, if so, what network are you on?
    i have it on my lock screen, and a notification i can't delete on my hub.
    i got it while my o2 sim was in the phone, i have now got an orange sim in my phone and it still won't go away, and still won't let me delete it

I've heard this might be a bug related to night mode. Restart your phone and don't use night mode. See if that solves it.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Quote Originally Posted by Jackson17 View Post
    I am with Bell Mobility..

On a related note, I can't set my voicemail password either. I go into voicemail from the Calls - Phone Settings area and while I can set the password, it doesn't stay saved when I exit the Phone Settings. Anyone else have this problem?
    Same thing here - however I suspect this has more to do with Bell not wanting people saving their passwords with the access number..it's up to carriers to allow this actually. Rest of voice mail works fine for me. Check under settings for notifications that they're enabled for VM.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    1,785 Global Posts
    PIN
    333BCCA7

This was on ThorstenPleaseFixThis' list too.
    CrackBerry User

Default Z10 Ringer and VM Notification Not Working

My ringer is not working either. I set my "normal mode" to ringer on, but when I use the notification pull down, it shows the ringer with a slash through it and does not work for calls (still vibrates and I get the LED notification). 2x reboots and 2x restarts have not fixed this.
    CrackBerry Newbie

Default Z10 ringer not working

Has anyone given you a solution to this? Mine is not working since yesterday and rebooting is not solving it either:-(
    CrackBerry Newbie

Default daacad

my z10 incoming call didn't ring. I miss calls a lot. any suggestion.
    thanks
    daacad

Quote Originally Posted by daacad View Post
    my z10 incoming call didn't ring. I miss calls a lot. any suggestion.
    thanks
    daacad
    Have you rebooted the phone (see below)

Have you set up your Notifications? From the main screen, swipe down. Find Notifications. Scroll downward. Tap on Applications. Open the PHONE option/app and set your ringtone and other options.

Try a restart:

Press and HOLD both Vol Up/Down buttons. Keep holding while the screen goes fully black (ignore the screenshot), keep holding through the Black/White logo and when the Colored Logo shows up, release those buttons.

If you have the STL100-1 variant the volume button reset method doesn't work. In that case, Press and HOLD the Power On Button until you see the LOGO as above