Lol I hope you were joking. What's app is bad but it is present on most smartphones and BBM is not.
    I hope blackberry launches BBM for other platforms.

Posted using CrackBerry App on BB10
    I second that, bbm cross platform would be sweet! its the best IM service period but no one uses it lol. We are all stuck using crappy Whatsapp, why, because everyone uses it lol. silly world we live in
    02-10-13 11:54 AM
    I second that, bbm cross platform would be sweet! its the best IM service period but no one uses it lol. We are all stuck using crappy Whatsapp, why, because everyone uses it lol. silly world we live in
    Its because whatsapp can be used on all platforms

Verstuurd van mijn GT-I9300 met Tapatalk
    02-10-13 12:09 PM
    whatsapp sideloaded works on my playbook as well as rhapsody. they should work on BB10. You might be able to find those bar files on goodereader.com.

What's app is tough though since you need to add contacts separately, but once they are in there is works great.
    02-10-13 12:10 PM
    I hate windows phones... Theyre unusable
    Lol okay. You should stay away from smartphones

02-10-13 12:39 PM
    I also have a lumia 920 and love it to death and have been considering the Q10. Some of my questions:

1) Lumia 920 has dolby audio. Does the Z10 offer the same, is it on par with the iphone? Worse? I love music so if the Z10 or Q10 have terrible audio then it is a no go
    2) What made you switch or are you like me and just want to try different things?
    3) I will think of more later :P

I'm sorry that you are having trouble finding a decent music player. I love Nokia music and I love downloading the playlists I have onto it so I don't have to constantly stream
    02-10-13 01:07 PM
    Lumia is bad mainly because of lack of customisation.

Tune in does not let you pick songs and store them offline. X box music and Spotify do..

May I also ask you why you think it is not customizable?
    02-10-13 01:17 PM
    Hi Guys,

I just shifted from a Lumia 920 to a Z10 on AT&T and thought I would share my experience so far.

First hardware: The Z10 is probably one of the nicest pieces of hardware I have used. The lumia series windows phones are solid and beautiful, but man the Z10 is elegant.
    The soft touch back feels amazing in the hand. The phone is slim and has just the right amount of weight so that it does not feel too light or heavy in the hand. I am very happy with the look and feel of this device so far.

Software: I unfortunately have become so used to the giant tiles on WP8 that it can be hard to find app icons on the Z10 sometimes. not a deal breaker though. I love the active frames, not because they work as mini widgets( most of the times they do not display anything useful (weather is an exception) but because multi tasking is so fast with them.
    I also really love the remember app, it syncs perfectly with my live/gmail/work(outlook) account. The best part is it syncs tasks from my work outlook to the Z10. I previously used onenote to keep a track of my tasks but this is just awesome. It has quickly become one of my fav apps of all times and would make it very difficult to switch to any other platform in the future.

The hub is amazing and it is awesome that you can customize which notifications can glow the led and what sound plays for each notification. This is a big step up from windows phone.

I am not a big app person, but these three apps are a must for me and I really hope they come soon because I am carrying 2 phones around until then.
    1) Whatsapp ( I hate this app, but a huge number of my friends use this app and I can't convince them all to switch !! )
    2)Music streaming app ( I really need a $9.99 a month all you can eat music app. There is absolutely nothing in blackberry world right now)
    3) all of my banking apps. ( I at least need my main banks app) It is a pain to manage transfers without this)

At the end all I can say is, My first blackberry device did not disappoint

Side Note: Unfortunately I do not have a single friend who has a blackberry so I could not test BBM (Am I missing out on something ?? )
    Hi. I'm going to receive mine tomorrow so everything you could say is ok. I'd like you to talk about the camera... especially video recording.... I think BB is not so good here. Please share
    02-10-13 01:42 PM
    I also have a lumia 920 and love it to death and have been considering the Q10. Some of my questions:

1) Lumia 920 has dolby audio. Does the Z10 offer the same, is it on par with the iphone? Worse? I love music so if the Z10 or Q10 have terrible audio then it is a no go
    2) What made you switch or are you like me and just want to try different things?
    3) I will think of more later :P

I'm sorry that you are having trouble finding a decent music player. I love Nokia music and I love downloading the playlists I have onto it so I don't have to constantly stream
    I just moved from a 920 and have a few comments. I also think the 920 is an awesome device and think its design is better than the Z10 - the Z10 seems like an iPhone knockoff. Having said that, the z10 does feel pretty good in hand and is way lighter than the 920.

1. I haven't owned an iPhone for a long time and can't comment on the comparison. I feel that the z10 offers the same audio quality as the 920 when listening to music. I think the phone audio quality on the z10 is way better than the Lumia 920.
    2. I made the switch because I want to try new devices (and wanted to give a Canadian company a chance). Additionally, the lack of notifications and separate volume controls on WP8 are a huge sore point with me. I am also not sure how receptive 3rd party app makers will be towards WP8 and I think BB10 might have more adopters.
    zapbranagann likes this.
    02-10-13 02:35 PM
    Whatsapp is available as an android side load, if you look around you should be able to find the BAR file

Edit: Found the link: WhatsApp : BlackBerry 10 Bars

SDTRMG likes this.
    02-10-13 02:46 PM
    I sideloaded Whatsapp and it works well
    SDTRMG likes this.
    02-10-13 03:12 PM
    Iphone knockoff? It's a black slab...aren't they all? Lol. Even as slabs go I never understood why anyone would think the z10 looks like an iPhone knock off.
    zyben, elmit22, SDTRMG and 2 others like this.
    02-10-13 03:23 PM
    Iphone knockoff? It's a black slab...aren't they all? Lol. Even as slabs go I never understood why anyone would think the z10 looks like an iPhone knock off.
    Seems there some delusion that orange invented rectangle touch scrreen.I think its the top andbottom platic bit that makes it seem iphone esq.The Z leak came long before iphone 5 hit the market so its laughable.

I gave it to 4 of my boys all heavy,heavy iphone users not one of them said it looked like an iphone.They all said ''eh this look slick'' ''nice weight'' and ''nice back grip'' Iphone never came into the convo until they compared screen size.After that tossed away whilst they played with it one of them started trying to swipe his iphone as my Z wenet round testing.

Yeah that BBM issue is not good.I said before BB should create chat rooms to talk about social events and the like that way we can add BB users local and worldwide.I think Im gonna stop waiting around for stuff to be done and start something I'll talk to devs here see what we can create.
    Neely2005 and world saviour like this.
    02-10-13 04:35 PM
    Additionally, the lack of notifications and separate volume controls on WP8 are a huge sore point with me.
    Doesn't the mail tile display new/unread emails? Or are you referring to facebook, twitter, etc. notifications.
    02-10-13 06:22 PM
    I just moved from a 920 and have a few comments. I also think the 920 is an awesome device and think its design is better than the Z10 - the Z10 seems like an iPhone knockoff. Having said that, the z10 does feel pretty good in hand and is way lighter than the 920.

1. I haven't owned an iPhone for a long time and can't comment on the comparison. I feel that the z10 offers the same audio quality as the 920 when listening to music. I think the phone audio quality on the z10 is way better than the Lumia 920.
    2. I made the switch because I want to try new devices (and wanted to give a Canadian company a chance). Additionally, the lack of notifications and separate volume controls on WP8 are a huge sore point with me. I am also not sure how receptive 3rd party app makers will be towards WP8 and I think BB10 might have more adopters.
    Is this audio through a pair of earphones like Bose or cheap earphones? My 920 has better audio quality than the 4S using my pair of Bose earbuds.
    02-10-13 07:31 PM
    The playbook has AMAZING audio through speakers. When you talk about through headphones it turns out the iPhone delivers the closest to real sound. It has been tested. It may sound better but that does not mean it is better objectively. I don't like the iPhone but I have seen a test. I wouldn't expect you guys to notice any difference between phones with Bose headphones. Bose is not exactly audiophile territory....
    02-10-13 07:47 PM
    I am 100% certain that I drew a rectangle with rounded corners in kindergarten or Grade 1 (circa 1974/75) so Apple (and everyone else) copied me
    SDTRMG and Vorkosigan like this.
    02-10-13 08:23 PM
    I'm sorry but give me a pair of Bose ear buds and stock ear buds and I can tell the difference.
    Sent from my RM-820_nam_att_100 using Board Express
    02-10-13 10:32 PM
    To the OP have you tried Songza for your music needs? It's a decent app
    02-10-13 11:02 PM
    The z10 also plays flac which improves the audio side of things further. I like the lumia 920 and it was a close call between the 920 and the z10 for me but the 920 felt too big to me. I know what people mean now when they say that blackberry are for people who get things done, it just seems more of an open system that supports more eg flac and flash.
    02-10-13 11:16 PM
    Yup I am always managing the frames to keep the calendar visible

Remember that your calendar is always available in the HUB too, just a swipe down from the top to expose the day's events. Cheers
    Vorkosigan likes this.
    02-11-13 10:56 AM
  21. Professional_Tickle_Fighter's Avatar
    Does your bank have a mobile website? Usually works just as good for me.
    02-11-13 01:07 PM
    I am 100% certain that I drew a rectangle with rounded corners in kindergarten or Grade 1 (circa 1974/75) so Apple (and everyone else) copied me
    The Z10 is more like an oval with straight sides
    02-11-13 02:44 PM
    I hate windows phones... Theyre unusable
    Useless post without providing details like the OP did. Just sayin'.......
    02-11-13 04:04 PM
    The z10 also plays flac which improves the audio side of things further.
    Great to hear the Z10 supports FLAC... hadn't heard that before.
    02-11-13 09:25 PM
    Glad to hear you like your Z10. For banking, why don't you just use the browser and go directly to the website? I do that all the time on my Playbook. I have just started puddling around on my Z10, but from my initial views, I should be able to do my online banking through the browser and not worry about an app. Just a thought.
    02-11-13 11:04 PM
57 123