Results 1 to 23 of 23
  1. chuckkdaduck's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    156 Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

    Default Z10 Reservation question in Canada

    I just have a quick question as a customer in Canada who will be picking up the Z10 tomorrow,

    I reserved the Z10 at my local Rogers store in December and have received the email confirmation that my phone was shipped to the store. My question is that if there is a huge line up tomorrow morning for the Z10 at the rogers store, (which I don't expect there will be), will the store still keep my phone in stock even if the rogers store has sold out of inventory that was not preordered? I get off work at 5pm and I don't want to go to the rogers store and them telling me that it is sold out! that would be frustrating!

    IF they do do that then I would just go to a near by rogers store and acquire one there during my lunch hour near my work

    Please let me know your inputs as I don't want to be disappointed that they are all gone

    thanks
  2. AVPTI's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    1,643 Posts
    PIN
    Available upon request.
    #2  

    Default

    At Bell, the device I preordered is guaranteed for me and I didn't pay a dime.

    On Rogers, didn't you pay $40? I hope that $40 means the device is "yours"
    XoXoXo
  3. dj_matty_s's Avatar
    CrackBerry Addict

    Posts
    804 Posts
    #3  

    Default

    The device is there and they will hold it for min 7 days, no need to worry.
  4. keefrto's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    234 Posts
    #4  

    Default

    It will be kept for up to 7 days if I remember the reservation small print
    bold 9000, black z10 & playbook 32gb yeah baby
  5. mike-berry's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    196 Posts
    #5  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AVPTI View Post
    At Bell, the device I preordered is guaranteed for me and I didn't pay a dime.

    On Rogers, didn't you pay $40? I hope that $40 means the device is "yours"
    $40 refundable. You get it back if you take it, you get it back if you don't take it.
  6. chuckkdaduck's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    156 Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #6  

    Default

    awesome. just cant wait any longer for damn sakes hahah and yes I paid 40$ for reserving the phone which will be credited back into my account
  7. skibnik's Avatar
    CrackBerry Addict

    Posts
    515 Posts
    Global Posts
    521 Global Posts
    #7  

    Default

    I visited my local Bell World store this afternoon to preorder my Z10 the service agent told me to come in the morning as units were selling out fast.
  8. wirelessgal's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    1,687 Posts
    #8  

    Default

    The email that I got from Rogers says if you don't pick up the Z10 by Feb. 7th., the store will be free to make the device available to the next customer. The only hold it for 48 hours.
  9. #9  

    Default Re: Z10 Reservation question in Canada

    The email I got says they'll hold it for 15 business days :what:
    Unlocked Rogers Z10 STL100-3 10.2.1.2947 / Unlocked Bell Q10 SQN100-1 10.2.1.2947
  10. Dimitri.69's Avatar
    CrackBerry Addict

    Posts
    902 Posts
    #10  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by wirelessgal View Post
    The email that I got from Rogers says if you don't pick up the Z10 by Feb. 7th., the store will be free to make the device available to the next customer. The only hold it for 48 hours.
    The email is wrong. The stores will hold it for 7 days. The email had that error in it & Rogers never went live & said anything.
  11. wirelessgal's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    1,687 Posts
    #11  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dimitri.69 View Post
    The email is wrong. The stores will hold it for 7 days. The email had that error in it & Rogers never went live & said anything.
    How nice of Rogers to not fix their mistake. At least they emailed us.
  12. Dimitri.69's Avatar
    CrackBerry Addict

    Posts
    902 Posts
    #12  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by wirelessgal View Post
    How nice of Rogers to not fix their mistake. At least they emailed us.
    That is true BUT the mistake has lead to people thinking it will be on hold at the store for 2 days. That makes the customer rush to get the phone or upset / pissed off. Rogers should have realized the mistake before they started emailing everything out.
  13. wirelessgal's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    1,687 Posts
    #13  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dimitri.69 View Post
    That is true BUT the mistake has lead to people thinking it will be on hold at the store for 2 days. That makes the customer rush to get the phone or upset / pissed off. Rogers should have realized the mistake before they started emailing everything out.
    That doesn't help Rogers at all because I do expect the stores to be packed tomorrow. And we know how reliable Roger's system is right? LOL. More than likely their system will crash at some point
    of the day.
  14. Dimitri.69's Avatar
    CrackBerry Addict

    Posts
    902 Posts
    #14  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by wirelessgal View Post
    That doesn't help Rogers at all because I do expect the stores to be packed tomorrow. And we know how reliable Roger's system is right? LOL. More than likely their system will crash at some point
    of the day.
    Most likely around 9-10am the systems will crash just like when the iPhone launches happen.
  15. SnoozerBold's Avatar
    CrackBerry Addict

    Posts
    942 Posts
    #15  

    Default

    Man I didn't preorder because I didn't think I'd have the money for one until the 22nd but I found out from work my bonus is coming earlier than expected. I hope I'll be able to fine one through Bell next week. Preferably Monday. :S
  16. mike-berry's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    196 Posts
    #16  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by wirelessgal View Post
    That doesn't help Rogers at all because I do expect the stores to be packed tomorrow. And we know how reliable Roger's system is right? LOL. More than likely their system will crash at some point
    of the day.
    I'm going to be first to the store in the morning to avoid this reason. Most of the time I upgrade a device this happens!
  17. Dimitri.69's Avatar
    CrackBerry Addict

    Posts
    902 Posts
    #17  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mike-berry View Post
    I'm going to be first to the store in the morning to avoid this reason. Most of the time I upgrade a device this happens!
    That is what i & many others will be doing!.
  18. wirelessgal's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    1,687 Posts
    #18  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dimitri.69 View Post
    Most likely around 9-10am the systems will crash just like when the iPhone launches happen.
    That's why I'm not going that early.
  19. wirelessgal's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    1,687 Posts
    #19  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mike-berry View Post
    I'm going to be first to the store in the morning to avoid this reason. Most of the time I upgrade a device this happens!
    Good idea! I'll go much later to avoid the madness!
  20. Dimitri.69's Avatar
    CrackBerry Addict

    Posts
    902 Posts
    #20  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by wirelessgal View Post
    That's why I'm not going that early.
    lol oh well!. I want to go early so i can go out after & enjoy my day
  21. wirelessgal's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    1,687 Posts
    #21  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dimitri.69 View Post
    lol oh well!. I want to go early so i can go out after & enjoy my day
    You're day will already be great after you get the Z10, even if it's in the afternoon, like me.
  22. Dimitri.69's Avatar
    CrackBerry Addict

    Posts
    902 Posts
    #22  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by wirelessgal View Post
    You're day will already be great after you get the Z10, even if it's in the afternoon, like me.
    LOL that is true :P
  23. wirelessgal's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    1,687 Posts
    #23  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dimitri.69 View Post
    LOL that is true :P
    Amen.

Similar Threads

  1. Any way to get a Z10 off contract in Canada?
    By aha in forum BlackBerry Z10
    Replies: 58
    Last Post: 02-06-2013, 09:51 AM
  2. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 02-05-2013, 12:42 PM
  3. Unlocked Storm in canada questions.
    By cd36 in forum BlackBerry Unlocking
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 10-17-2009, 12:40 AM
  4. question about using AT&T bold in canada
    By burntorange817 in forum BlackBerry Bold 9000
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 07-01-2009, 12:49 AM
  5. Question about AT&T rates, coverage in Canada
    By ANewUser in forum General BlackBerry Discussion
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-17-2008, 12:08 PM

Posting Permissions