Dear All,

Sorry if this is basic, but so am I.
    My z10 tells me that I can remote access some files.
    BB Link has arranged it so that there are two folders on my home server (mac mini) that I can access.
    BB Link tells me that I'm not up to date with software on my z10 so actually it won't work.

My questions:
    a) Assuming it does work, how do I initiate seeing those folders on my Z10? I have no idea where to start.
    b) my software is up to date, so wth is this trying to tell me?

Thank you all very much. Tolerance of ignorance is a true skill.
    05-04-14 07:16 AM
    Hi and welcome to CrackBerry!
    OK. First off, I have never tried RFA with a MAc. But I am assuming if you have BB Link installed, it must be possible.

So make sure, first of all that BB Link is the most updated version for your Mac.
    Then in BBLink is a place to make sure you CHECK (box) to say yes to wireless access.
    Then, like you said there are two folders on your Mac which you can share with your phone. Those are default, by the way, and you can create another one or another 20 if you want! All up to you!

I personally create on my my desktop called "Share to BB" and anything I want on my phone I dump there. But that's just me...lol

OK. now for your Z10. If you open your FILE MANAGER icon, you will see on the bottom left hand corner a tab that probably says DEVICE.

Tap it and you should see the screen move to the right and uncover other locations! Like SD card, YOUR MAC (whatever it is named). It might say OFFLINE next to it. That's what we have to try to fix. If it doesnt say offline you are clear to share. Here is a pic. Hold on.

Z10 remote desktop access - help?1-img_20140504_082547.png

OK so I am using the PC side of my Mac today...so my PC does not say offline. So I can click there and see the folder I told you about.
    Here's another shot of what it looks like:
    Z10 remote desktop access - help?1-img_20140504_082928.png

NOW>>>>if your Mac says offline....that's something we need to work on. You may need to have 10.2.1 to use RFA. Which OS do you have on your Z10? That may be the issue right there!!!

Check out this so far and tell me where you are in the process, ok??
    BigBadWulf and rick0415 like this.
    05-04-14 07:25 AM
    First update your BlackBerry Link if it's not the latest version. The folders you share show up in the file manager on your phone or in any other dialog box that offers saving and loading of files. You would see an icon representing your computer and then you can open it and then you'll see the folders. It can take a long time for anything to show up depending on the speed of your wifi or Internet connections of both your phone and your computer. By default it doesn't work over your mobile internet. You have to go into System Settings, then BlackBerry Link then turn on Use Mobile Network.
    Z10 remote desktop access - help?1-img_20140504_082626.png

Posted via CB10
    05-04-14 07:29 AM
    Did you sign into link on your computer?
    05-04-14 10:36 PM
    Your phone OS may be up to date for your carrier, but still not good enough to work RFA on link. Specifically what OS version is installed on your phone?
    05-04-14 10:58 PM