Z10 started to reboot a LOT more than usual, and then did it in my hand. No biggie, let it do its thing and well, the Hub wouldn't 'prepare' so I rebooted it myself. (Hey if I can be interrupted by it, it can be interrupted by me FFS) Then as it came back around the hub screen flashes (black screen, hub screen, black screen, hub scre....you get the idea) on and off repeatedly with the 'preparing blackberry hub' scroll. NO apps work outside of the phone itself. But no contacts or call logs. Complete meltdown. Which is to say it started to heat up/drain like many other complainants on here.

I now have a $700 rotary dial phone.

FML

Anyway, taking it back to my carrier to deal with the pain in the *** that will be this repair/replacement ****show that I have seen talked about on here. Not to be that ***** that goes on about iphone, but somewhat missing the ability to walk into a Apple store right now.

**UPDATE**
    14 days in, no end in sight. Wind mobile doesn't know how long a warranty takes and will tell the client anything to get them out of the door. Pretty standard stuff from a carrier really. An 'in Canada' repair (Vancouver-Waterloo) is looking to be 21+ days for an apparent software issue.
    Last edited by BigMuscleyArms; 07-19-13 at 05:52 PM.
    07-04-13 05:47 PM
    Oh, and the BSLVDZVRequest is the screen that flashes on BBRY Link when I try to restore.
    Which is to say it's saying 'too bad, sucka'
    07-04-13 05:48 PM
    UPDATE: Week one done of my 14 day turnaround. No news.
    07-11-13 07:46 PM
    Ever think about reloading the OS, which would likely address your issue?
    07-11-13 08:29 PM
    Wow, another thing that happened to me, turned out to be a " loose battery" I have mentioned it in a few threads. My phone is now operating great after modifying battery to push tight against the pins...i am working on getting it sent to blackberry to evaluate. i do not like the design of "those battery pins"and personally think it is the cause of some weird issues for other users. That is my thoughts and who knows...maybe it was just my phone. I love my QNX z10 though

Posted via CB10
    tsi200 likes this.
    07-11-13 09:06 PM
    Ever think about reloading the OS, which would likely address your issue?
    Oh I thought about it. Even tried it out, too! Alas the device wasn't 'seen' by the host PC (a macbook) and as such, no reloady. I would have included that part in my wall of text/hate, but edited it out for brevity's sake.
    07-19-13 05:41 PM
    Wow, another thing that happened to me, turned out to be a " loose battery" I have mentioned it in a few threads. My phone is now operating great after modifying battery to push tight against the pins...i am working on getting it sent to blackberry to evaluate. i do not like the design of "those battery pins"and personally think it is the cause of some weird issues for other users. That is my thoughts and who knows...maybe it was just my phone. I love my QNX z10 though

Posted via CB10
    Hey, I dig my device too. Just starting to get some stinkeye going for the manufacturer and their warranty repair system and overall lack of QA.
    anon5645485 likes this.
    07-19-13 05:42 PM
    So, day 14 rolls around and radio silence from my carrier, so I give them a call to see what's what. After some rigamarole with phone menus and call centre staff, I get hold of the actual store where I dropped my device off. After I give my particulars to the agent at the store, he informs me that it will 'hopefully be back in about a week.' To which I said 'WTF, mate'. Apparently the 14 day turnaround is a load of bunk, cause it takes a week (?!?!?!?!) for the device to even get to the repair centre/Waterloo. Basically there is no recourse for me on this, as it's in process/transit - just going to scream at the sales staff on the floor to set proper expectations to customers. Nobody likes a runaround.
    07-19-13 05:48 PM
    At least they accepted responsibility for the warranty service. The retailer I bought my phone from, TekShop.ca, won't. And I can't just walk into their shop because they're located in Mississauga and I'm in Vancouver. I'm going to speak with a lawyer next week to see what legal action I can take. I'm hoping I can sue them in small claims court here in Vancouver. If they're smart, they'll calculate the cost of defending themselves and compare it to the cost of getting my phone fixed and just get the damn phone fixed. It's under manufacturer warranty, so it's not like TekShop.ca has to pay to fix it themselves.
    07-20-13 01:23 PM
    I would get hold of Blackberry on this one. If they have retailers that don't offer any warranty service, they're selling half the package. Warranty is warranty, even if it is crappy.
    07-23-13 05:55 PM
    I already did that weeks ago. I told them that the retailer is telling me that I have to contact BB to get warranty service. BB never replied to my message. BB usually replies to my messages within 24 hours. So I'm getting legal advice to find out who should be responsible and what I can do about it. Hopefully it will all be resolved soon.

I would get hold of Blackberry on this one. If they have retailers that don't offer any warranty service, they're selling half the package. Warranty is warranty, even if it is crappy.
    07-23-13 06:29 PM
    I already did that weeks ago. I told them that the retailer is telling me that I have to contact BB to get warranty service. BB never replied to my message. BB usually replies to my messages within 24 hours. So I'm getting legal advice to find out who should be responsible and what I can do about it. Hopefully it will all be resolved soon.
    I truly hope you get it all resolved...BB10 is a great OS that you have not been able to enjoy and be productive with...i will be watching this thread to see how it turns out

Posted via CB10
    07-23-13 06:36 PM
    Thanks. I really enjoyed my Z10 before it died.
    Mic_JP likes this.
    07-23-13 06:59 PM
    Thanks. I really enjoyed my Z10 before it died.
    Mine died too....i am using another sent to me by vzw( I didn't even buy it from them) and I must say that it is smoking....i thought my first one was good but this one, WOW....i am running a leaked os though, lol, it is vzw
    "Loose battery" on my first zed but I refuse to give up so another shot I go
    Posted via CB10
    07-23-13 07:30 PM
    Posted via CB10
    07-23-13 07:48 PM
    Last Tuesday I went for some legal advice. I was told I do have a case for small-claims court, but the question is against who (BB or TekShop.ca) and in which province & town, since TekShop.ca is based in Mississauga, Ontario and BB is based in Waterloo, Ontario, but I'm located in Vancouver, BC (Canada).

The person I spoke with could get back to me with answers as early as this week. I hope so.
    07-30-13 10:10 AM
    I would bet that your claim is against TekShop.ca. They received the money for the device. They're the dealer.
    You would sue Bob Boberson's Ford dealership, instead of Ford Canada in a similar situation, but with different machinery.
    08-06-13 07:43 PM
    That's what I'm betting too.
    08-06-13 08:18 PM
    I got word back from the legal advice center. They say I do have a case and the case is against TekShop.ca, who is in violation of Canada's Sales of Goods Act. So, I'm going to send TekShop.ca a letter of complaint. If that doesn't resolve the problem, then I'll take them to small-claims court.

BTW, shortly after I threatened legal action, TekShop.ca closed down their site. They claim it's temporary and that they're simply retooling their site. We'll see.
    08-12-13 03:40 PM
    Things are moving. I sent TekShop.ca a letter of complaint, and attached a Notification of a Consumer Complaint I got from the Ontario Ministry Of Consumer Services. TekShop.ca called me immediately after receiving the letter, asking me how I wanted to resolve the issue. I told them I just wanted my phone fixed. They said 'no problem' and I shipped them the phone. They should receive it Monday. Now, I wait...with fingers crossed. :-)
    Mic_JP likes this.
    08-16-13 12:46 PM
    I got word from Tekshop.ca yesterday. They took the phone to 3 different shops, and they all said the phone is not repairable. So Tekshop.ca is going to send me a new Z10 on Monday. I should get it Tuesday or Wednesday. I can't wait ! It's been 3 months since the phone died.
    Mic_JP likes this.
    09-14-13 09:22 PM
    happy to hear that you'd be getting a new device. i really wish that you did not have to go through all the trouble and the waiting for it. this goes to prove that sometimes you have to fight and push to get your rights, glad you didn't give up.
    anon5645485 likes this.
    09-15-13 04:55 AM
    Thanks ! I have so many other serious problems in my life right now, that I really didn't need a problem like this. Fortunately, the store has been very cooperative since I sent them the letter. So I'll finally be able to use my Z10 again this week. Woo hoo !
    09-15-13 08:13 PM
    Thanks ! I have so many other serious problems in my life right now, that I really didn't need a problem like this. Fortunately, the store has been very cooperative since I sent them the letter. So I'll finally be able to use my Z10 again this week. Woo hoo !
    That's awesome! I hope this time it will be trouble free My second phone has been flawless....i so happy

Posted via CB10
    09-16-13 12:41 PM
    WOW, dam I don't have a BB phone but I just wanted to share my experience in which I ordered a Google Nexus 4 phone from Google and there was a button issue with it. I called Google and they asked me to go to the support site and fill in the RMA form. I did and the sent me back a Conformation email. They then sent me a NEW phone and a return package to send the previous one back prepaid.
    I think MORE Company's should be like this as it makes customers very HAPPY. Im so glad you got the dealer to fix it for you, make sure they send you a NEW one and not a refurbished one. You deserve either your Original one fixed or a New phone.
    Sometimes Companys send refurbished devices out but I hate that as you never know what other issues you will run into then.

No one regardless of what Brand of phone you should have to wait 3 months to get it resolved.
    anon5645485 likes this.
    09-16-13 01:14 PM
32 12