Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 26 to 50 of 55
Like Tree20Likes
  1. jimpilot's Avatar
    CrackBerry Master

    Posts
    1,283 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,354 Global Posts
    #26  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by zeeten View Post
    Kevin is Canadian, he can't be trusted regarding the letter z. Don't they know it's supposed to rhyme??? A B C D...X Y Z, NOW I KNOW MY ABC's NEXT TIME WON'T YOU SING WITH ME.
    Try that with "zed"!

    Sent from my BlackBerry 9860 using Tapatalk

    It's Zee, Zed doesn't work here
  2. zeeten's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    453 Posts
    #27  

    Default Z10 Real Name?

    Quote Originally Posted by borbella View Post
    I'm Canadian and have always pronounced it "zed" but after reading your ABC rhyme explanation, by golly, you're right! I'll have to change my ways eh?


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    I'm educating Canadians one at a time
    (I actually am a teacher)



    Sent from my BlackBerry 9860 using Tapatalk
    Thanked by:
    borbella (01-13-2013) 
  3. backfire101's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    342 Posts
    #28  

    Default Re: Z10 Real Name?

    Quote Originally Posted by zeeten View Post
    Kevin is Canadian, he can't be trusted regarding the letter z. Don't they know it's supposed to rhyme??? A B C D...X Y Z, NOW I KNOW MY ABC's NEXT TIME WON'T YOU SING WITH ME.
    Try that with "zed"!

    Sent from my BlackBerry 9860 using Tapatalk
    do it in french, dutch, german and zed will work perfect.
  4. V22
    V22 is offline
    V22's Avatar
    CrackBerry User

    Posts
    42 Posts
    #29  

    Default

    Z10 Explorer
  5. cjcampbell's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

    Posts
    5,686 Posts
    Global Posts
    5,690 Global Posts
    #30  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by zeeten View Post
    Kevin is Canadian, he can't be trusted regarding the letter z. Don't they know it's supposed to rhyme??? A B C D...X Y Z, NOW I KNOW MY ABC's NEXT TIME WON'T YOU SING WITH ME.
    Try that with "zed"!

    Sent from my BlackBerry 9860 using Tapatalk
    Well considering that this is a song started in the U.S., it would naturally use the "zee". This does not mean that it is zee not zed, it just means that the pronunciation of the letter is regional in the english speaking world. Just as spelling of words and pronunciation of many other words is as well.
  6. djenkins6's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    1,787 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,803 Global Posts
    #31  

    Default

    As long as it's called anything but the PlayPhone it should be okay.
    V22 and anon5398027 like this.
  7. bmercer94's Avatar
    CrackBerry Addict

    Posts
    917 Posts
    Global Posts
    919 Global Posts
    #32  

    Default

    I'm also Canadian, i pronouce it "zee" because it does mess up the song, however the europeans were here first, so they're right. "zed"
    Device(s): Curve 9300>Bold 9700>Z10>Samsung Galaxy Note 2
    Tablet: BlackBerry Playbook 32GB
    BBThemes and robitaille93 like this.
  8. BBThemes's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

    Posts
    5,368 Posts
    #33  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by zeeten View Post
    Kevin is Canadian, he can't be trusted regarding the letter z. Don't they know it's supposed to rhyme??? A B C D...X Y Z, NOW I KNOW MY ABC's NEXT TIME WON'T YOU SING WITH ME.
    Try that with "zed"!

    Sent from my BlackBerry 9860 using Tapatalk
    well, im british and we pronounce it zed.
    firstly we kinda made the whole english language (obviously) so thats one reason to call it zed.
    the second reason is if its the London, then surely you should pronounce it as those in london would? when in rome....an all of that lol

    Thorsten said ZED 10. deal with it
    My Apps in BlackBerry World
    My Platinum 9900


    For all my themes - BBThemes.co.uk and follow me on @BBThemes1
  9. zeeten's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    453 Posts
    #34  

    Default Z10 Real Name?

    Quote Originally Posted by BBThemes View Post
    the second reason is if its the London, then surely you should pronounce it as those in london would? when in rome....an all of that lol
    In that case...
    London, Arkansas
    London, Kentucky
    London, Minnesota
    London, Ohio
    London, Texas
    London, West Virginia
    ...

    Sent from my BlackBerry 9860 using Tapatalk
  10. BBThemes's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

    Posts
    5,368 Posts
    #35  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by zeeten View Post
    In that case...
    London, Arkansas
    London, Kentucky
    London, Minnesota
    London, Ohio
    London, Texas
    London, West Virginia
    ...

    Sent from my BlackBerry 9860 using Tapatalk
    well, if ya gonna copy our city names, feel free to copy our pronounciations too

    Thorsten said ZED 10. deal with it
    My Apps in BlackBerry World
    My Platinum 9900


    For all my themes - BBThemes.co.uk and follow me on @BBThemes1
    cjcampbell and V22 like this.
  11. jimpilot's Avatar
    CrackBerry Master

    Posts
    1,283 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,354 Global Posts
    #36  

    Default

    Wonder what they call it internally. It will be fun on the 30th to hear what the presenters say.
  12. zeeten's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    453 Posts
    #37  

    Default Z10 Real Name?

    Quote Originally Posted by BBThemes View Post
    well, if ya gonna copy our city names, feel free to copy our pronounciations too
    I'm nervous if do that, I might drive on the wrong side of the street.

    Sent from my BlackBerry 9860 using Tapatalk
  13. BBThemes's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

    Posts
    5,368 Posts
    #38  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by zeeten View Post
    I'm nervous if do that, I might drive on the wrong side of the street.

    Sent from my BlackBerry 9860 using Tapatalk
    lol, but on the flipside you`d get phones free on contract, no more up front fees. its a good trade if ya ask me lol

    Thorsten said ZED 10. deal with it
    My Apps in BlackBerry World
    My Platinum 9900


    For all my themes - BBThemes.co.uk and follow me on @BBThemes1
  14. djenkins6's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    1,787 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,803 Global Posts
    #39  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by zeeten View Post
    In that case...
    London, Arkansas
    London, Kentucky
    London, Minnesota
    London, Ohio
    London, Texas
    London, West Virginia
    ...

    Sent from my BlackBerry 9860 using Tapatalk
    London, Ontario, Canada
  15. zeeten's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    453 Posts
    #40  

    Default Z10 Real Name?

    Quote Originally Posted by djenkins6 View Post
    London, Ontario, Canada
    I know, I live in Ontario, but they say "zed" so it doesn't make the list.

    Sent from my BlackBerry 9860 using Tapatalk
  16. zeeten's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    453 Posts
    #41  

    Default Z10 Real Name?

    Quote Originally Posted by BBThemes View Post
    lol, but on the flipside you`d get phones free on contract, no more up front fees. its a good trade if ya ask me lol
    Fee phone does sound tempting... Don't get me started on Canadian cell phone prices and contracts $$$

    Sent from my BlackBerry 9860 using Tapatalk
  17. deezy87's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    2,565 Posts
    PIN
    2AF77CC0
    #42  

    Default

    I use both zee and zed variations...guess it's how I feel, and I am Canadian as well
    BerryLicio.us Ultimate 7.1 Hybrid HERE

    Powered by my BlackBerry - Q10SQN100-5/10.2.1
  18. zeeten's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    453 Posts
    #43  

    Default Z10 Real Name?

    Quote Originally Posted by sharma0702 View Post
    I use both zee and zed variations...guess it's how I feel, and I am Canadian as well
    I guess you'll need two phones.

    Sent from my BlackBerry 9860 using Tapatalk
  19. zeeten's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    453 Posts
    #44  

    Default Z10 Real Name?

    If you want to know what a "zed" is, please see "One fish two fish, red fish blue fish" by Dr. Seuss.

    Sent from my BlackBerry 9860 using Tapatalk
  20. BBThemes's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

    Posts
    5,368 Posts
    #45  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by zeeten View Post
    Fee phone does sound tempting... Don't get me started on Canadian cell phone prices and contracts $$$

    Sent from my BlackBerry 9860 using Tapatalk
    yea, 2 years is max in uk, also, some food for thought, agent Z in men in black (american film) is Zed.

    Thorsten said ZED 10. deal with it
    My Apps in BlackBerry World
    My Platinum 9900


    For all my themes - BBThemes.co.uk and follow me on @BBThemes1
    cjcampbell likes this.
  21. zeeten's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    453 Posts
    #46  

    Default Z10 Real Name?

    Quote Originally Posted by BBThemes View Post
    yea, 2 years is max in uk, also, some food for thought, agent Z in men in black (american film) is Zed.
    The reason for that is because it's a military film and the U.S. Army uses words when spelling instead of saying letters so they won't be confused ("t" & "p"). They used to use the word zed for the letter "z" but they switched before WW2 to zebra. they now use zulu.


    Sent from my BlackBerry 9860 using Tapatalk
  22. cjcampbell's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

    Posts
    5,686 Posts
    Global Posts
    5,690 Global Posts
    #47  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by zeeten View Post
    The reason for that is because it's a military film and the U.S. Army uses words when spelling instead of saying letters so they won't be confused ("t" & "p"). They used to use the word zed for the letter "z" but they switched before WW2 to zebra. they now use zulu.


    Sent from my BlackBerry 9860 using Tapatalk
    By that logic, they would have called agent "K" agent Kilo.... Didn't happen..... Now I'm not sayin'.... I'm just sayin'.
  23. zeeten's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    453 Posts
    #48  

    Default Z10 Real Name?

    Quote Originally Posted by BBThemes View Post
    well, im british and we pronounce it zed.
    firstly we kinda made the whole english language (obviously) so thats one reason to call it zed.
    the second reason is if its the London, then surely you should pronounce it as those in london would? when in rome....an all of that lol
    "zed" comes from Greek "zeta" (why isn't B pronounced "bed"?). The first official recognition of "zee" is actually in Thomas Lye's "New spelling book" (England, 1677). So you guys changed it, not us! Webster's Dictionary in 1827 decreed "it is pronounced zee"
    Teachers always do their homework.


    Sent from my BlackBerry 9860 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by zeeten; 01-14-2013 at 09:36 PM.
  24. BBThemes's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

    Posts
    5,368 Posts
    #49  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by zeeten View Post
    The reason for that is because it's a military film and the U.S. Army uses words when spelling instead of saying letters so they won't be confused ("t" & "p"). They used to use the word zed for the letter "z" but they switched before WW2 to zebra. they now use zulu.


    Sent from my BlackBerry 9860 using Tapatalk
    so if they switched from Zebra to Zulu (as the UK did too, its the phonetic alphabet, its actually decreed by NATO hence why everyone uses it) then you failed to argue why he is called Zed.

    Thorsten said ZED 10. deal with it
    My Apps in BlackBerry World
    My Platinum 9900


    For all my themes - BBThemes.co.uk and follow me on @BBThemes1
  25. BBThemes's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

    Posts
    5,368 Posts
    #50  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by zeeten View Post
    Thomas Lye's "New spelling book" (England, 1677).
    yes its classed as a dialect, by why would you listen to one of the nonconformists? lol

    Thorsten said ZED 10. deal with it
    My Apps in BlackBerry World
    My Platinum 9900


    For all my themes - BBThemes.co.uk and follow me on @BBThemes1
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Celebrity real names
    By amazinglygraceless in forum Rehab & Off-Topic Lounge
    Replies: 48
    Last Post: 03-07-2013, 06:08 PM
  2. Get Real World Feel of Z10's Screen!
    By JMDBERRY in forum BlackBerry Z10
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 01-05-2013, 05:44 PM
  3. Z10 at the name of the first BB10 phone
    By rthonpm in forum News & Rumors
    Replies: 48
    Last Post: 12-23-2012, 05:39 PM
  4. Twitter apps that display real names?
    By pdelong in forum BlackBerry OS Apps
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 05-01-2011, 09:06 AM
  5. My real name show up in email
    By Tahoedan in forum General BlackBerry Discussion
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 07-28-2009, 11:22 AM

Posting Permissions