Kevin is Canadian, he can't be trusted regarding the letter z. Don't they know it's supposed to rhyme??? A B C D...X Y Z, NOW I KNOW MY ABC's NEXT TIME WON'T YOU SING WITH ME.
    Try that with "zed"!

Sent from my BlackBerry 9860 using Tapatalk

It's Zee, Zed doesn't work here
    01-13-13 02:12 PM
    I'm Canadian and have always pronounced it "zed" but after reading your ABC rhyme explanation, by golly, you're right! I'll have to change my ways eh?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    I'm educating Canadians one at a time
    (I actually am a teacher)

borbella likes this.
    01-13-13 04:08 PM
    Kevin is Canadian, he can't be trusted regarding the letter z. Don't they know it's supposed to rhyme??? A B C D...X Y Z, NOW I KNOW MY ABC's NEXT TIME WON'T YOU SING WITH ME.
    Try that with "zed"!

do it in french, dutch, german and zed will work perfect.
    01-13-13 04:33 PM
    Z10 Explorer
    01-13-13 04:59 PM
    Try that with "zed"!

Well considering that this is a song started in the U.S., it would naturally use the "zee". This does not mean that it is zee not zed, it just means that the pronunciation of the letter is regional in the english speaking world. Just as spelling of words and pronunciation of many other words is as well.
    01-13-13 05:00 PM
    As long as it's called anything but the PlayPhone it should be okay.
    V22 and anon5398027 like this.
    01-13-13 05:17 PM
    I'm also Canadian, i pronouce it "zee" because it does mess up the song, however the europeans were here first, so they're right. "zed"
    BBThemes and robitaille93 like this.
    01-13-13 05:25 PM
    Try that with "zed"!

well, im british and we pronounce it zed.
    firstly we kinda made the whole english language (obviously) so thats one reason to call it zed.
    the second reason is if its the London, then surely you should pronounce it as those in london would? when in rome....an all of that lol
    01-13-13 05:38 PM
    the second reason is if its the London, then surely you should pronounce it as those in london would? when in rome....an all of that lol
    In that case...
    London, Arkansas
    London, Kentucky
    London, Minnesota
    London, Ohio
    London, Texas
    London, West Virginia

01-13-13 05:58 PM
    In that case...
    London, Arkansas
    London, Kentucky
    London, Minnesota
    London, Ohio
    London, Texas
    London, West Virginia

well, if ya gonna copy our city names, feel free to copy our pronounciations too
    cjcampbell and V22 like this.
    01-13-13 06:05 PM
    Wonder what they call it internally. It will be fun on the 30th to hear what the presenters say.
    01-13-13 06:17 PM
    well, if ya gonna copy our city names, feel free to copy our pronounciations too
    I'm nervous if do that, I might drive on the wrong side of the street.

01-13-13 06:28 PM
    I'm nervous if do that, I might drive on the wrong side of the street.

lol, but on the flipside you`d get phones free on contract, no more up front fees. its a good trade if ya ask me lol
    01-13-13 08:55 PM
    In that case...
    London, Arkansas
    London, Kentucky
    London, Minnesota
    London, Ohio
    London, Texas
    London, West Virginia

London, Ontario, Canada
    01-13-13 09:13 PM
    London, Ontario, Canada
    I know, I live in Ontario, but they say "zed" so it doesn't make the list.

01-13-13 10:45 PM
    lol, but on the flipside you`d get phones free on contract, no more up front fees. its a good trade if ya ask me lol
    Fee phone does sound tempting... Don't get me started on Canadian cell phone prices and contracts $$$

01-13-13 10:51 PM
    I use both zee and zed variations...guess it's how I feel, and I am Canadian as well
    01-13-13 11:02 PM
    I use both zee and zed variations...guess it's how I feel, and I am Canadian as well
    I guess you'll need two phones.

01-14-13 08:51 AM
    If you want to know what a "zed" is, please see "One fish two fish, red fish blue fish" by Dr. Seuss.

01-14-13 07:25 PM
    Fee phone does sound tempting... Don't get me started on Canadian cell phone prices and contracts $$$

yea, 2 years is max in uk, also, some food for thought, agent Z in men in black (american film) is Zed.
    cjcampbell likes this.
    01-14-13 07:43 PM
    yea, 2 years is max in uk, also, some food for thought, agent Z in men in black (american film) is Zed.
    The reason for that is because it's a military film and the U.S. Army uses words when spelling instead of saying letters so they won't be confused ("t" & "p"). They used to use the word zed for the letter "z" but they switched before WW2 to zebra. they now use zulu.

01-14-13 08:50 PM
    The reason for that is because it's a military film and the U.S. Army uses words when spelling instead of saying letters so they won't be confused ("t" & "p"). They used to use the word zed for the letter "z" but they switched before WW2 to zebra. they now use zulu.

By that logic, they would have called agent "K" agent Kilo.... Didn't happen..... Now I'm not sayin'.... I'm just sayin'.
    01-14-13 08:57 PM
    well, im british and we pronounce it zed.
    firstly we kinda made the whole english language (obviously) so thats one reason to call it zed.
    "zed" comes from Greek "zeta" (why isn't B pronounced "bed"?). The first official recognition of "zee" is actually in Thomas Lye's "New spelling book" (England, 1677). So you guys changed it, not us! Webster's Dictionary in 1827 decreed "it is pronounced zee"
    Teachers always do their homework.

Last edited by zeeten; 01-14-13 at 09:36 PM.
    01-14-13 09:01 PM

so if they switched from Zebra to Zulu (as the UK did too, its the phonetic alphabet, its actually decreed by NATO hence why everyone uses it) then you failed to argue why he is called Zed.
    01-14-13 10:32 PM
    Thomas Lye's "New spelling book" (England, 1677).
    yes its classed as a dialect, by why would you listen to one of the nonconformists? lol
    01-14-13 10:33 PM
55 123