After receiving my shiney new Z30 this morning I had to post here to let you all know what an incredible machine it is. I read people, or trolls as the seem to be called, in these forums every day moaning about the lack of apps so I thought I would heap some praise on the BB10 series.

When Blackberry announced they were going to produce a Q10 with a physical keyed phone, I was really pleased. I always argued with my wife that the "key" phone wouldn't go out of fashion. She said I was nuts. At that time she had an iPhone and I was using a Samsung galaxy note for what I call non phone "stuff" i.e browsing and note taking etc etc. We used to challenge each other to typing tests and on my physical keyboard torch I always beat her. But when I was on my Samsung she always won hands down. Like some I just could not wait for the delayed arrival of Q10 so I rushed and bought a Z10 just to see what BB10 was like. I soon realised it was not the keys that made the key phone special it was the trackpad. Being able to place the cursor exactly where you want is an important an issue. But the Z10 keyboard was amazing, the error correction when typing is just superb. When I try on to write on my Samsung I am now frustrated at the amount of times I type a word incorrectly. With the Z10 it just corrects flawlessly. With that in mind I thought maybe I should try the Z30 to replace the Samsung.

As I said it arrived today and within no time I have fallen in love with it. Is it replacing my Z10? Absolutely not, it is replacing my Samsung Galaxy Note. The Z30 is a cracking machine. Superb display! My Z10 is a phone, my Z30 is a device. On my Z10 I have email, text and phone calls, On my home screen I have my Hub, Contacts, Diary, Clock, Appworld, Settings, and shortcuts of my often called family and co workers. (using Docu SHortcut). On my Z30 I now have shortcuts/apps for "GetitDone", Teambox", Ebay, Youtube, Cloud Explorer, Live 24 Racing, Evernote, Browser. Dropbox. All web based type programs or functions.

Like it or not mobile phones are too small for serious web usage (imo). The Z30 is perfect and still fits comfortably in the pocket. The Z10 is a perfect phone, how can you not love it. Is the Q10 struggling, yes possibly but only because the Z10 is just so good!

Long live Blackberry! (Just wish they would port BB10 to my Playbook!)
    10-01-13 01:52 PM
    After receiving my shiney new Z30 this morning I had to post here to let you all know what an incredible machine it is. I read people, or trolls as the seem to be called, in these forums every day moaning about the lack of apps so I thought I would heap some praise on the BB10 series.

When Blackberry announced they were going to produce a Q10 with a physical keyed phone, I was really pleased. I always argued with my wife that the "key" phone wouldn't go out of fashion. She said I was nuts. At that time she had an iPhone and I was using a Samsung galaxy note for what I call non phone "stuff" i.e browsing and note taking etc etc. We used to challenge each other to typing tests and on my physical keyboard torch I always beat her. But when I was on my Samsung she always won hands down. Like some I just could not wait for the delayed arrival of Q10 so I rushed and bought a Z10 just to see what BB10 was like. I soon realised it was not the keys that made the key phone special it was the trackpad. Being able to place the cursor exactly where you want is an important an issue. But the Z10 keyboard was amazing, the error correction when typing is just superb. When I try on to write on my Samsung I am now frustrated at the amount of times I type a word incorrectly. With the Z10 it just corrects flawlessly. With that in mind I thought maybe I should try the Z30 to replace the Samsung.

As I said it arrived today and within no time I have fallen in love with it. Is it replacing my Z10? Absolutely not, it is replacing my Samsung Galaxy Note. The Z30 is a cracking machine. Superb display! My Z10 is a phone, my Z30 is a device. On my Z10 I have email, text and phone calls, On my home screen I have my Hub, Contacts, Diary, Clock, Appworld, Settings, and shortcuts of my often called family and co workers. (using Docu SHortcut). On my Z30 I now have shortcuts/apps for "GetitDone", Teambox", Ebay, Youtube, Cloud Explorer, Live 24 Racing, Evernote, Browser. Dropbox. All web based type programs or functions.

Like it or not mobile phones are too small for serious web usage (imo). The Z30 is perfect and still fits comfortably in the pocket. The Z10 is a perfect phone, how can you not love it. Is the Q10 struggling, yes possibly but only because the Z10 is just so good!

Again.... people buying yet another BB10 device. Would be very interesting to know how many unique BBIDS there are on the BB10 Platform.

Glad you like your Z30, and that it fills your needs. Your "experience" does not really counter the FACT that there is still a "lack" of apps and that not all website provide a mobile site that can provide all of the services that an app does.

As to your opinion that mobile phones are too small for serious web usage... you are right in many cases! That is why apps that are formated to provide information on small screens is so important. If you have a bank and go to their webpage to look at your account, you'll spend several minute trying to zoom in and out on information, they you will have to hope that the webpage will work with your browser when you click on different button or drop down menus. With an app that is built for your platform, the info is easy to access, read, and navigation is a breeze.

Enjoy your Z30!
    10-01-13 02:09 PM

Congratulations on your BlackBerry purchase! I'll stick with my Z10. But, what matters is the fact that it fits your needs.
    10-01-13 02:20 PM
    As soon as it comes to Roger ( Canada) I'm seriously considering buying one
    10-01-13 02:26 PM
    All these posts on the Z30 make it harder to wait for it to be available in the U.S.

Aside from the usual lack of apps complaint, I've only heard good things. I really want to type on the virtual keyboard on the big screen, and I am so curious about those speakers. At first I wasn't too keen on the Z30...but the more I've read about it, I've decided that I'll be getting one.
    10-01-13 02:29 PM
    Wow ... this was not the post I was expecting. Given the title of the thread, I was positive this was a Blackberry bashing email telling BB to "Get it right". What a pleasant surprise. Not that I don't believe that some of the negative posts aren't justified, I just find that is a bit overwhelming at times. I believe 99% of the Crackberry fans understand the lack of key, good quality apps in BBWorld. I really hope this lack of app issue is resolved soon. I know this is wishful thinking, but let's hope that the developers are working on it.
    10-01-13 02:34 PM
    As soon as it comes to Roger ( Canada) I'm seriously considering buying one
    Don't consider, just get it :-)
    10-01-13 02:41 PM