Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By vegas33139
  • 1 Post By r0v3rT3N
  • 1 Post By jesse_h
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    198 Global Posts
    PIN
    2A4**057
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Z10 Production Start-Up

Was just staring up at the sky thinking about all sorts of rubbish when I had a light bulb moment (rare for me I know) about the actual start of BB10 device production!

Surely, if Mr.Thorsten wants to start shipping millions of devices globally on or near release date, production has to just around the corner, doesn't it? Or will they sell them in kit form that comes with a tube of superglue and you can make them yourself. Hey...........there's an idea. Just like a PC, put your own processor in your phone, your own RAM, your own graphics card! Cool. Hey, Thorsten, I wanna speak to you about an idea I have; BBB10 Bespoke Blackberry 10!

Someone PM me the patent office number. I'm going to make millions
    BB's so-far.... 8300, 8330, 8707v, 8900, 9000, 9105, 9300, 9700, 9780, 9800, 9860, 9900, 9860, 32gb Playbook, Ipad2, another BNIB 9700., and now back to my all-time favourite - the 9105! Whooaa. Scrap that. I have just took the plunge and bought a shiny new white Z10. Bad move. Moved to iPhone 5s. Hey - scrap that also!! I'm back with BB with my shiny new Z30!!

I like to throw tin cans at people, twice if they support E*e*er City.
    janzeeschuimers likes this.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,884 Global Posts

Didn't BB10 phone production start in December?
    Check out my app: CChecker
    Thanked by:
    howarmat (01-13-2013) 
    howarmat likes this.
    BlackBerry

Global Posts
    6,473 Global Posts

...and there is NO WAY they are shipping on Jan 30th. End of Feb is my guess
    BB4Life
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

Global Posts
    5,961 Global Posts

With just over 2 weeks until the launch date, I think it would be safe to assume that production has already started and there is a healthy stockpile of devices already.
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,570 Global Posts

Well since everyone has their guesses, I am going to say phone will be available the first half of Feb from at least one US carrier.
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    930 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by cjcampbell View Post
    With just over 2 weeks until the launch date, I think it would be safe to assume that production has already started and there is a healthy stockpile of devices already.

I would think there are millions of Z10's already built. Maybe even millions of X10's now too!

I really hope they are launched almost simultaneously, I know a lot of people at work want the keyboard though I am going to try a z10.
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,570 Global Posts

Here is the only info I could find on production.

Taiwan Suppliers Preparing BlackBerry 10 Phone Production by December - N4BB
    CrackBerry Abuser

someone should look into this and see what they can find out abou0t production so far.
    CrackBerry Genius

Quote Originally Posted by vegas33139 View Post
    Someone PM me the patent office number. I'm going to make millions
    1-800-google...
    "THE GUY YOUR MOTHER WARNED YOU ABOUT !!!"

I'M ON MY OWN IGNORE LIST===

"By the pricking of my thumbs,
    Something wicked this way comes."
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

Global Posts
    5,961 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by koool1 View Post
    I would think there are millions of Z10's already built. Maybe even millions of X10's now too!

I really hope they are launched almost simultaneously, I know a lot of people at work want the keyboard though I am going to try a z10.
    I agree and would add to that.... If they are to be sold "shortly" after the launch event, and they are being manufactured over seas, I'd venture to say that they're already in transit. Shipping via ocean takes quite a long time. They could be going via air but that costs a tons more.
    CrackBerry Master

I'm quite sure there are warehouses all over the place brimming with them already and will be shipping to carriers soon!
    9000 > 9800 and now BB Z10 and 32GB PlayBook glued to my person!
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    1,598 Global Posts

I guess we'll just have to wait till the 30th....
    S5
    Z10
    64gb PlayBook
    Thanked by:
    peter9477 (01-13-2013) 
    peter9477 likes this.
    CrackBerry Addict

With the rumored availability being first week of February, production is definitely well under way. I wouldn't be surprised if some carriers were already holding batches of production BB10 inventory.
    CrackBerry User

I saw a final BB10 Z10 in early December, so they definitely have final production units already in stock, all the Z10 device and parts leaks over the last couple months means they have been building and seeding final hardware for a few months now.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    3,648 Global Posts

Default Z10 Production Start-Up

Quote Originally Posted by SlcCorrado View Post
    ...and there is NO WAY they are shipping on Jan 30th. End of Feb is my guess
    why not?

Sent from my BlackBerry 9810 using Tapatalk
    Primary Device: Moto X
    Backup Device: Blackberry Z10
    Banned

Global Posts
    5,169 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by vegas33139 View Post
    Or will they sell them in kit form that comes with a tube of superglue and you can make them yourself. Hey...........there's an idea. Just like a PC, put your own processor in your phone, your own RAM, your own graphics card!
    That would be a HeathKit BlackBerry 10 Smartphone package. Check Aisle SAR-BI (Some Assembly Required - Battery Included).
    Banned

Global Posts
    5,169 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by BThunderW View Post
    With the rumored availability being first week of February, production is definitely well under way. I wouldn't be surprised if some carriers were already holding batches of production BB10 inventory.
    We need the actual BlackBerry 10 smartphones in our hands within 14 calendar days (10 business days) of the 30 January 2013 launch event, otherwise the momentum of the launch event will have waned in the minds of the typical consumer. All the supply-chain excuses from the wireless carriers will mean nothing to the angry mobs looking for a BlackBerry 10 smartphone, namely the BlackBerry Z10, once advertising begins.
    Banned

Global Posts
    5,169 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by cjcampbell View Post
    I agree and would add to that.... If they are to be sold "shortly" after the launch event, and they are being manufactured over seas, I'd venture to say that they're already in transit. Shipping via ocean takes quite a long time. They could be going via air but that costs a tons more.
    Really? My new Apple iPod Nano was shipped directly from the factory in China on 14 January 2013 and is scheduled for delivery on 17 January 2013. And the shipping cost as reasonable for 4-day delivery. Fill a Boeing 787 with BlackBerry 10 smartphones and fly them around the world in 24 hours like Santa Claus.
    CrackBerry Abuser

There was a note from Peter Misek before that mentioned checks indicated that the BB10 builds had been raised from 500k per month to 1-2 million per month as of mid-December. Based on that, there may be around 3 million produced by the launch event.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Quote Originally Posted by Zarpan View Post
    There was a note from Peter Misek before that mentioned checks indicated that the BB10 builds had been raised from 500k per month to 1-2 million per month as of mid-December. Based on that, there may be around 3 million produced by the launch event.
    Interesting. Got a link to that?
    CrackBerry Abuser

Quote Originally Posted by whitbags View Post
    Interesting. Got a link to that?
    Just this: RIMM: CLSA Cuts to Sell;

I'm not sure where the original article when since I saw it on a different site before (apparently Barron's)
    CrackBerry User

Quote Originally Posted by kill_9 View Post
    Really? My new Apple iPod Nano was shipped directly from the factory in China on 14 January 2013 and is scheduled for delivery on 17 January 2013. And the shipping cost as reasonable for 4-day delivery. Fill a Boeing 787 with BlackBerry 10 smartphones and fly them around the world in 24 hours like Santa Claus.
    No way man. Those things catch on fire. Boeing halts deliveries of 787 Dreamliners; production continues - The Globe and Mail. Use an Airbus.
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    814 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by sweetandsoursauce View Post
    LOL...I was going to say pick another plane...those aren't flying anywhere and we don't want any delays getting our beloved devices in our hands. Imagine Thorn announcing another delay because the devices are stuck on a grounded plane! Yeah, right!
    CrackBerry Addict

PIN
    In my pants.

Quote Originally Posted by sweetandsoursauce View Post
    and airbus' were being grounded for stress cracks in their wings... we are totally screwed, lol!
    Bold (9000) | Torch (9800) | Torch (9810) | Z10 OS: 10.3.0.1130 | Passport : PENDING
    Playbook 64G WiFi QNX: SOLD