Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By seletok
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Z10 Pin Messaging?

Crackberry.com took a survey a while back of people that do and or do not use pin messaging on their BlackBerry. Can anyone confirm if Pin messaging has made it to the Z10?
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    233 Global Posts

Post Z10 Pin Messaging

Please see the following thread from the BlackBerry Support Community Forums: Cannot find Compose PIN option on Z10 - BlackBerry Support Community Forums. Apparently, with a Z10 one can receive PIN messages but not compose them.

I welcome the many improvements that BlackBerry has made. But I am not sure that I like the way that BlackBerry has evolved: no BIS, no synchronization of organizer data, and no PIN messages.

Quote Originally Posted by mhart343 View Post
    Crackberry.com took a survey a while back of people that do and or do not use pin messaging on their BlackBerry. Can anyone confirm if Pin messaging has made it to the Z10?
    My BlackBerry timeline: Curve 8300 > Curve 8310 > Bold 9000 > Bold 9700 > Torch 9800 > Bold 9900 > Z10
    My favorite BlackBerry advice: "Treat your BlackBerry as you would treat your toothbrush: do not share it with anyone and replace it often."
    CrackBerry Abuser

hey, PIN messaging and other nice features of the BBM and our legacy OS that we were famous for and good at?....not in the Z10, but don't forget that we are reinventing the phone. And that means throwing away the good things users loved about our phones: RIM... o sorry, please called us just Blackberry..

Way to go!
    CrackBerry Abuser

PIN
    PINch me!

Maybe someone can enlighten me. Why would anyone use PIN messaging instead of BBM? Is PIN messaging a carryover from before BBM? I never used it on my 9900 so never missed it on my Z10.
    CrackBerry Abuser

I have use PIN messaging a lot. I will very sad if will not available on Z10.
    But, I don't understand how it is possible to receive PIN messages and it is not possible to send it. It is not logic...
    CrackBerry Abuser

Quote Originally Posted by seletok View Post
    I have use PIN messaging a lot. I will very sad if will not available on Z10.
    But, I don't understand how it is possible to receive PIN messages and it is not possible to send it. It is not logic...
    I agree. I would love to read the answer
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #7  

Used to encrypt pin to pin messages with a password providing end to end protection without BES..now nothing like that is available without BES on Z10
    CrackBerry Abuser

Quote Originally Posted by mhart343 View Post
    Used to encrypt pin to pin messages with a password providing end to end protection without BES..now nothing like that is available without BES on Z10
    If I have a BIS plan too? It is working? Or it is no way to send PIN messages from Z10?
    CrackBerry Abuser

Default Z10 Pin Messaging

I don't know how is in the BB10, but in the BB7 is more simple to compose and send a PIN than to open a chat in BBM. In BBM need to open a chat to 1 or more contacts, and after send it need to close the chat. It is too more things to do...

Sent from my BlackBerry 9810 using Tapatalk
    CrackBerry Abuser

Have anyone an information if PIN to PIN messaging will be include on the future update for Z10. If a group of person uses this, and one or two person want to change the device to Z10, it is a very little chance to change the whole group habit... I hope I get good news :-)
    cd16 likes this.
    CrackBerry Addict

Quote Originally Posted by BB_Phoenix View Post
    Maybe someone can enlighten me. Why would anyone use PIN messaging instead of BBM? Is PIN messaging a carryover from before BBM? I never used it on my 9900 so never missed it on my Z10.
    I use my PIN to PIN for business & clients(Pin: is on my business card). BBM is for family and friends and people I like. Why would I want people that I do not like to see my personal stuff on my bbm?

There is the one and only reason you need...

Many of my friends that I made aware of BB's not having PIN 2 PIN are deciding not to go with the z-10 and sticking with their 9900 and me myself will more then likely head back unless they incorporate it back...
    CrackBerry Addict

wow pretty weird I just received a PIN without an issue however no option to reply to it I really hope the fix this...
    CrackBerry Addict

Quote Originally Posted by BoldBigWorm View Post
    wow pretty weird I just received a PIN without an issue however no option to reply to it I really hope the fix this...
    PIN messages being receive-only on BlackBerry 10 is a known issue and this is currently the expected behavior.
    Thanked by:
    BoldBigWorm (02-11-2013) 
    CrackBerry Newbie

Pin messaging is a higher level of security, not stored on carrier servers, and doesn't deplete your text minutes. I am wondering if that is why (pressure from carriers) it is not included in z10.
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

Global Posts
    5,549 Global Posts
    PIN
    2AC9A2F5

Pin messaging is the equivalent to a command line "NET SEND" command. BBM is the GUI form of Pin Messaging.
    Posted by my device of choice. Might be a BlackBerry, might not be. It is of no concern to you.