So I have yet to see a simple solution on the threads... Is it just me or are the new pictures and old pictures difficult to locate on my Z?? I don't care tooo much but seriously , I tried to organize everything into just my pictures album , except only old pictures are in there. Any new ones I have to go into file manager / sd card/ blah blah blah. How do I just make it so all new images go into the pictures folders?

Posted via Naked BlackBerry Z10
    06-05-13 01:16 PM
    Anyone?!!

06-05-13 01:19 PM
    Lalala

06-05-13 01:38 PM
    You waited 3 minutes to post your follow-up... and then a whopping 19 minutes more for the secondary follow-up?

That's pretty ridiculous. The internet and its users aren't here to cater to your needs at your beck and call - exercise some patience.

-Chris-
    06-05-13 01:47 PM
    change the pics taken on the z10 to store on the device as opposed to the memory card. It will be stored in the device>>>>camera folder.
    screen shots are always stored in the device>>>camera folder, you cannot change that.
    when downloading pics from the net, you can choose the destination folder.
    zolt11 likes this.
    06-05-13 02:15 PM
    I change files names and organize them in folders through file manager...hard to do in the picture app itself.

Posted via CB10
    06-05-13 02:44 PM
    I don't know if you did what I did when I got my Z10, but I simply transferred my old Torch's SD card from my old phone into my new Z10. I expected the file structure to be the same and it is not. I could never find ANYTHING without going up and down file level after file level of empty and meaningless file folders to find things. Here's the solution:

1. Take your SD card out of your Z10, put it into a card reader OR connect your phone to a computer with the cable.
    2. Make an exact duplicate of the entire file structure of the card onto your computer (basically a full backup)
    3. Put your SD card back into the phone (or unplug) and reformat the card with your Z10.
    4. You will get all the new default BB10 file folders which includes a file for "Camera" and for "Photos" among others.
    5. Now reconnect the SD card to your computer the way you did in #1 above.
    6. Drag and drop the files you want on your Z10 into the proper folders. Be careful NOT to drag the folders - just drag the pictures and files. If you drag the folders, you will get a folder beneath a folder. This will also allow you to NOT copy over files you don't need like old backups and folders that your old phone created that you don't need anymore.
    7. Now when you go into the File Manager on your Z10 everything will be clean and easy to find. Make sure you set the camera to save your pics to the SD card so they will always be in one place.
    shads77 likes this.
    06-05-13 02:48 PM
    I don't know if you did what I did when I got my Z10, but I simply transferred my old Torch's SD card from my old phone into my new Z10. I expected the file structure to be the same and it is not. I could never find ANYTHING without going up and down file level after file level of empty and meaningless file folders to find things. Here's the solution:

1. Take your SD card out of your Z10, put it into a card reader OR connect your phone to a computer with the cable.
    2. Make an exact duplicate of the entire file structure of the card onto your computer (basically a full backup)
    3. Put your SD card back into the phone (or unplug) and reformat the card with your Z10.
    4. You will get all the new default BB10 file folders which includes a file for "Camera" and for "Photos" among others.
    5. Now reconnect the SD card to your computer the way you did in #1 above.
    6. Drag and drop the files you want on your Z10 into the proper folders. Be careful NOT to drag the folders - just drag the pictures and files. If you drag the folders, you will get a folder beneath a folder. This will also allow you to NOT copy over files you don't need like old backups and folders that your old phone created that you don't need anymore.
    7. Now when you go into the File Manager on your Z10 everything will be clean and easy to find. Make sure you set the camera to save your pics to the SD card so they will always be in one place.
    Seriously? That's the "simple solution ". No offense to you, because I appreciate the help, thank you, just confused as to why this process isn't a lot easier...Gotta be an better way.

06-06-13 02:57 PM
    you wanted a solution... you got one
    06-06-13 03:36 PM
    So I have yet to see a simple solution on the threads... Is it just me or are the new pictures and old pictures difficult to locate on my Z?? I don't care tooo much but seriously , I tried to organize everything into just my pictures album , except only old pictures are in there. Any new ones I have to go into file manager / sd card/ blah blah blah. How do I just make it so all new images go into the pictures folders?

if you want an easy way to manage the files send all the pictures to the SD Card then go to Storage in the settings and turn USB Mass Storage on. This will make your phone act as a usb drive when plugged into your computer. Create folders and manage the pictures as you wish, unplug the phone and turn USB Mass Storage off. Simple.

I have over 1000 songs and 2000 images on my SD Card. they are all organized into folders with some going 5 or 6 subfolders deep. No problem at all.
    bronco26 and DaFoxGrey like this.
    06-06-13 03:47 PM
    The built in file-manager is pretty decent thou.
    I organized 500+ pictures into folders etc, took me about 5-10 minutes to do so.

I do find it weird that there's no "Sort by..." option in the picture app, but there's one in the filemanager. Maybe I'm missing something..
    06-07-13 02:38 AM
    Yeah it's not an option on the picture app but in the file manager app you can rename pictures and sort
    06-07-13 03:19 AM
    Ya the Pictures app needs some work. I have a dropbox folder as an album, but I don't want it showing up anymore. I deleted the album, but it ends up deleting the file contents as well. I ended up waiting for it to delete all 400 or so photos, then restore them back on dropbox. I still have no idea how to disassociate the album in the Pictures app. Anyone with experience on this matter?
    06-10-13 05:25 PM