After the latest update I started using the picture password (previously using simplified password). I thought it was great until I tried to backup using Blackberry Link. Upon connection Link asked for my password. I tried my single digit (which seemed silly to me) and then I tried my previous simplified password. Nothing. My phone timed out after a few minutes and after disconnecting, the phone itself was asking me for the password (not picture password). I had 8 more tries until it wiped my phone. Nothing worked and I was at my wits end.

After the traumatic wipe my phone then identified itself in Blackberry Link as Blackberry-420E (see attached), not Z10. I can't find 420E anywhere on the web. Anyone know what the deal is? I'd like to see the option for security questions for the password recovery instead of just wiping my device. That's not just a little glitch. Anyone encounter this before?
    Attached Thumbnails Z10 Picture Password and Blackberry Link Trauma-screenshot.jpg  
    02-20-14 08:07 AM
    Sorry to hear about your troubles. The BlackBerry and a four digit number must be part of your PIN, correct? My copy of Link recognizes my phone as that until I change the name.

I had the same thing happen to me. 10 tries and it wipes. But not with a picture password. I mistyped the password wrong the first time and I couldn't' replicate the mistake and boom! Wiped!
    02-20-14 08:16 AM