This Z10 is starting to **** me off. I can deal with minor nits. But today, after reboots, I have had the following problems:

------ 1 -------
    1) Phone call came in. I drag down to answer the phone. The animation goes 90% of the way down and the phone app locks up. Totally locked up. I could exit the app but my phones for use as a phone was dead.
    2) reboot

That was issue one

------ 2 -------
    Not a phone bug issue but happened today:
    At some point, i had to unlock my screen (password not needed). I gesture up. I get the animation I expect. But everything is totally black underneath. Nothing appeared.
    Fix: Reboot

------ 3 -------
    This is something that has happened since day one and I am passed the point that this is a minor annoyance.
    I open the phone app. Find my contact. Get to their phone number. Press on the phone number. The screen dims (normal) as it transitions to a phone call. Thing is, it dims for 5 seconds and no phone call is placed. Everything undims and I am back to the contact list where I left off. I try everything. Close the phone app does nothing, trying again nothing. EVEN REBOOTS ARE HIT AND MISS.

The fix is to reboot but I have had to reboot 2-3 times to get the phone app to work.

And to top it all off, the phone can work fine for a while and all of a sudden it just craps the bed till a reboot sometimes fixes it.

-------- 4 ------
    Hell, I'll toss this one in.
    Sometimes my night mode alarm clock goes off, but makes no noise. And it totally screws up the sound on my phone. The MP3 player is basically dead after this happens.
    Fix: reboot

Am I alone here? Time to go exchange my phone?
    /rant
    04TNCobra likes this.
    04-13-13 07:36 PM
    Quick fix would be to return and replace.

If you have the time and curiosity; perhaps wipe the phone and try if the issue can be replicated with a bare bones setup.

Do a restore after to see if problem returns. Et cetera.

You could fill up some bored time with trouble shooting.
    04-13-13 07:43 PM
    Have you searched the forums with those with similar issues? I think the current line is software corruption. If you've restored you're Z10 from a previous backup, it could be that that backup file is corrupt. The recommendation is to wipe and restore individually. I would also consider your sim card and memory card.

Posted via CB10
    JPSKILLZ likes this.
    04-13-13 07:48 PM
    Verizon is the problem here I suspect. Stay tuned for updates from them, they messed something up in their version of the OS. I won't confirm this for you, but look around at the reboot posts over the last few days and there's a common theme, everyone is on Verizon. No other carriers z10s are having crazy issues like this. Im 2.5 months in with mine as a business user, and its been the most stable mobile OS on the market
    JPSKILLZ likes this.
    04-13-13 07:50 PM
    Verizon is the problem here I suspect. Stay tuned for updates from them, they messed something up in their version of the OS. I won't confirm this for you, but look around at the reboot posts over the last few days and there's a common theme, everyone is on Verizon. No other carriers z10s are having crazy issues like this. Im 2.5 months in with mine as a business user, and its been the most stable mobile OS on the market
    Seeing how I am on Verizon, I am betting that you are on to something. Never should have gotten that last OS update I guess

But I have to say, I can deal with the night mode alarm issue ... don't use it.

But now that the phone app itself is fuxored, I am pretty pissed off.
    04-13-13 07:54 PM
    not true m8 AT&T users have issues as well, just not as common
    04-13-13 07:55 PM
    I was starting to think the same thing. Not saying that nobody else
    has reboot problems, but it seems that Verizon's name sure comes back a lot in posts about this. I am with Bell in Canada and never had a reboot in the 2 and 1/2 months I have had my Z10.

Posted via CB10
    Blue Shift likes this.
    04-13-13 07:59 PM
    Verizon is the big player in the USA. If 2/4 of the comments are from Verizon users and 1/4 from AT&T, of course it will seem like most problems are with Verizon. But if it is twice as many, that is not that shocking.

For a while, I was thinking that some hardware chip did sound and communications on my phone and that it is bad hardware.
    04-13-13 08:03 PM
    With Rogers and no problems here. Hope your issue gets resolved. I can see how frustrating something like that would be

Posted with BlackBerry Z10
    04-13-13 08:04 PM
    VZW needs to release an OS update to fix all of these problems. BlackBerry knows about these issues and has released several fixes for them, but for whatever reason the carrier won't release it.

Posted via CB10
    04-13-13 08:07 PM
    wow... this is disheartening...I am on TMo, and (knock on wood) everything seems pretty solid.

No random reboots.

Locked up once (in crackberry app of all things---no kidding)

Universal SMTP send issue over WiFi

All in the "annoyance for now" dept.

Man, hate to read this stuff. I do believe Verizon put a few demons in there, though...
    04-13-13 08:20 PM
    When I first got my Z10 same thing - my phone app kept locking up, and it frustrated me to no end. Almost returned it, but after the first OS update I can honestly say my phone's never crashed, rebooted, or phone app lock up....
    So if u r on Verizon, just wait a little while longer for the OS update....

Posted via CB10
    04-13-13 08:25 PM
    FWIW: I have not witnessed a single random reboot since owning the phone.
    04-13-13 08:29 PM
    When I first got my Z10 same thing - my phone app kept locking up, and it frustrated me to no end. Almost returned it, but after the first OS update I can honestly say my phone's never crashed, rebooted, or phone app lock up....
    So if u r on Verizon, just wait a little while longer for the OS update....

Posted via CB10
    Curious. What carrier are you on? Can you tell me what OS version?
    Thanks!
    04-13-13 08:31 PM
    Thinking about this more. I don't know if I had this problems before I updated to to 10.0.9.422 (is that the right number? .... whatever, ends it 442 or 422)

I also got a few application updates that were like 1 meg. Any chance that this is the problem? One of those? Wheat the hell are they anyway?
    04-13-13 08:53 PM
    Either return and replace the device or reinstall the OS. I understand the need to vent but...
    04-13-13 08:59 PM
    When I first got my Z10 same thing - my phone app kept locking up...
    I stopped by my Verizon store today and finally tried out a Z10 for the first time.

After about two minutes of exploring things, I tapped the phone icon, then tried to end the call... and it suddenly stopped responding to my swipes. A few seconds later, the screen when black, the red light came on, and it rebooted itself.
    04-13-13 09:01 PM
    Definitely take it back for an exchange - while you have the opportunity. There�s no reason to put up with such a problem-ridden device.
    04-13-13 09:07 PM
    That certainly sucks
    I can't say I've had to deal with anything that has caused me to reboot. The contacts app did act up a bit funny once though. For the record I am on t mobile

Posted via CB10
    04-13-13 09:14 PM
    Just got notification that a new backup assistant and contacts app is available.

Wish me luck.

Posted via CB10
    04-14-13 02:44 PM
    Ok, how do I update them. Angry)

Posted via CB10
    04-14-13 02:46 PM
    I'm on Verizon and I'm having a lot of these issues. I'm on my second z10. I need Verizon to pull their heads out and push the software update. These bugs have made my super awesome z10 completely unreliable and I'm really frustrated and disappointed because I adore this phone.

Posted via CB10
    04-14-13 02:53 PM
    Rebooted my phone probably 8 times today.

Every time I tried to answer an in coming call, the scroll down animation appeared to lock and I had to reboot and return the call. And most of the time I couldn't place a call. One time the phone told me to insert my sim card

Posted via CB10
    04-14-13 06:56 PM
    With Rogers and no problems here. Hope your issue gets resolved. I can see how frustrating something like that would be

Posted with BlackBerry Z10
    Ditto, Rogers Canada, no problem.

BesAdmin Z10 User
    Sarcasm Detector likes this.
    04-14-13 06:59 PM
    I think I am off to Verizon to swap phones and or sim cards

Posted via CB10
    04-14-13 08:43 PM
47 12