I installed the orbot .bar file from:

Orbot: Tor on Playbook and BB10 - Blackberry Playbook and BB10 Business and Productivity Apps :: Android APP Store – Blackberry Playbook & Z10 and Q10 Apps

When I launch the application and click on the yellow button (to connect to Tor) I get:

"Couldn't start privoxy" process re-trying.

Then it runs in a forever look until I close it. It clearly tells me that the .bar file above is either corrupted or never worked in the first place. I was wondering if anyone has figured out how to either use orbot/orweb and/or Tor through another means on their blackberry Z10.

I appreciate the feedback
    05-05-13 10:29 PM
    Problem is that orbot isn't a tor browser. It's a tor proxy client that will allow you to access the tor network with a properly configured tor network compatible browser (such as Firefox or chrome) the sideloads for ffx and chrome, however contain native code and won't work on the z10. So there is no way to rectify this without somebody seriously hacking the z10 browser or the Android run time browser to configure it properly to access tor via orbot. It won't ever work as is because we have only got half of what's needed to browse tor. Guess we gotta continue the archaic practice of ordering blow from Silk Road via the desktop

Posted via CB10
    05-05-13 11:06 PM
    So there is absolutely no way to browse the web without your ISP tracking everything you do? Now, don't get me wrong, I just access news and things like that but who in their right mind wants their ISP to build a profile about them. No one puts up webcams in their house for the world to see so the simillar logic applies - i.e. browse the net in peace.

I think I made a mistake getting the blackberry. I might return it now given there are no apps for it. Very disappointed in this device. No use case.
    Last edited by newbiez10; 05-05-13 at 11:41 PM.
    05-05-13 11:17 PM
    If that is all you wanted to access tor for and don't want to access any of the secret services, like silk Road, which I have had amazing experiences with, you can get what your looking for via a vpn service such as hide my ***

Http://hidemyass.com/vpn/

Posted via CB10
    05-06-13 01:02 AM
    So what secret services are out there? I admit I have no knowledge of this. I'm way to busy with work these days (14 hours a day including weekends) to recognize all this. What is out there that the regular joe doens't know?
    05-07-13 10:46 PM
    Um....most of them are pretty morally reprehensible i.e. pedophilia, real rape and torture, places to buy illegal weapons or learn to build them.....

I am not going to utilize any of those, but if you are forward thinking in terms of drug policy silk Road is awesome. You basically use it to buy very high quality illegal substances with bit coins (any illegal drug you want from crystal meth to heroin)

Posted via CB10
    05-09-13 07:07 AM
    I see.. interesting. But I have no interest there. If there were other secrets like fission technology or other crazy alternative sources of energy or space travel etc that I would be all over. But to each their own right.
    05-09-13 08:58 PM
    Tor is definitely not what you are looking for then. Technically, your own isp can tell what you are up to on tor anyways if they really want to, it's pretty much impossible for any other third party to identify you and tie you to your activity however.

What it sounds like you are looking for is a good vpn (although most vpns do come with a cost, it's typically very reasonable). If you are utilizing a vpn you and your activity will be invisible to everyone other than the people running the vpn, this includes your isp, which is how many folks bypass carrier fees for utilizing certain functionality with their own data (such as mobile hot spots or tethering)

Posted via CB10
    05-09-13 10:59 PM
    How about riseup's vpn? Its free.

https://help.riseup.net/en/vpn

How can your isp find out what you are up to on Tor? Isnt the connection between you and the tor gateway/termination point encrypted?
    05-09-13 11:13 PM
    Tor is definitely not what you are looking for then. Technically, your own isp can tell what you are up to on tor anyways if they really want to, it's pretty much impossible for any other third party to identify you and tie you to your activity however.
    Completely wrong. TOR encrypts all your traffic before routing it through several hosts and can be used in place of a VPN. However it will be slower than a VPN. TOR hidden services are an addition that while sometimes seedy, people need access too. (wikileaks etc)

For VPN services you are going to be looking for any of them that supports IKEv2 such as https://www.vpnreactor.com/ a quick google will find plenty of them.

Hopefully BlackBerry will include openVPN and other VPN options in 10.2
    anon(8719892) likes this.
    05-12-13 08:14 AM
    https://www.torproject.org/about/overview.html.en

Isp can still tell what you are up to if they really want to

Posted via CB10
    05-12-13 08:27 AM
    https://www.torproject.org/about/overview.html.en

Isp can still tell what you are up to if they really want to

Posted via CB10
    Please read that document and then advise me how. Because it's not possible short of monitoring all exit nodes, and monitoring the data input in and out.

Posted via CB10
    anon(8719892) likes this.
    05-13-13 02:55 PM
    FYI HideMyAss is a FBI honeypot, one fo Lulzsec member got busted using it to hack into corporate networks....dont be a foool, use a VPN from Sweden...all EU (except SWE) / US VPN keep logs. just my 2 cents.

posted using my Z10
    05-28-13 05:19 PM
    How to access silk road with bb10
    12-24-14 04:29 PM
    How to access silk road with bb10

z10: orbot or other way to use Tor network to browse the net on Z10-001.jpg

Posted via CB10
    Kirssar likes this.
    12-24-14 04:33 PM