Z10 is officially over a year old, how long do you think it will last in terms of its specs and functionalities comparing to other competitors.

Of course i have no doubt thinking my z10 is aging in every aspect today, the OS has been updating from time to time. I personally think z10 has been very well serving my needs, but i do want to have this discussion and see how others think.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
    04-26-14 04:35 AM
    Mine is a year old also. Ever since the 10.2.1 official update from AT&T, there is no need for me to get another phone.

Posted via CB10
    04-26-14 06:00 AM
    I think it'll be good for as long as the user considers it so. I think it'll likely receive one or two more updates. Might get a few more leaks too.

It's still a good device worth having. Just my opinion on it though.

�Sent from a larger than life device. Using Tapatalk�
    MobileMadness002 and bob_tn like this.
    04-26-14 06:34 AM
    Other than battery life some days, mine is fine, I'm glad it's such a reliable phone and workhorse as here in the UK we get tied in to 24 month contracts and I'm not due an upgrade till the end of Jan 2015, looking forward to seeing what phones will be about then, although if we still don't have decent banking apps I may have to change platform :-( not something I relish having had Blackberry's since the 8300 curve in 2007

Posted via CB10
    Sean Fanelli likes this.
    04-26-14 07:29 AM
    My Z10 has served me well, better than my two other BBOS phones, or any other phone I have ever had. As has been stated, I would like a little better battery life, but the battery charger bundle takes care of that issue. It will continue to serve me well for at least another year. That is the beauty of BB10, the optimizing of this OS has just begun. There is so much more that can be gotten out of this phone without having to improve the specs it has.

When BlackBerry brings out its new all touch premium phone, I will be one of the first in line to get it. In the meantime, my trusty Z10 will keep me productive and keep me connected.

Posted via CB10 via my Z10
    04-26-14 07:49 AM
    My z10 still with me until now, without lagging even it have thousand of picture, document, android apps & full hd video inside memory (internal & 16gb external) . My friend using Note 2 & S4 complain their phone start lagging. I just say look at my phone, with zero lag!
    04-26-14 08:12 AM
    If BlackBerry is smart, they'll continue to support it for at least 2 more years. Most people sign 3 year contracts so they should support it for at least 3. They could always add new features and claim that the z10 can't support it like apple does with their phones (and like they did with miracast, fm radio, and USB host)

Posted via CB10
    04-26-14 08:49 AM
    I've had mine for over a year now and am using it for work and personal use.

Best BlackBerry I've ever owned and can't wait for the next Z10 iteration. I'm never going back to a physical keyboard as I like the screen real estate and 5" phablets just not for me.

Happy with my Z just needs to improve on the flaws we know.

Posted via CB10
    newcollector likes this.
    04-26-14 08:51 AM
    Sorry to say, but i will be dumping my wife's Z10 in June and will buy iPhone 5c on her birthday!
    Enough of it, my patience has ran out now

Z10 is officially over a year old, how long do you think it will last in terms of its specs and functionalities comparing to other competitors.

Of course i have no doubt thinking my z10 is aging in every aspect today, the OS has been updating from time to time. I personally think z10 has been very well serving my needs, but i do want to have this discussion and see how others think.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
    04-26-14 09:16 AM
    I will keep it for atleast 3 years and will upgrade to a new one and will buy a z3 for my Mom

Posted via CB10
    04-26-14 09:41 AM
    The only problem I have is with the headphone jack. It keeps opening the Voice Assistent and the Music App and randomly skips songs. No problem with the speaker though. I think the stretch of this phone goes far beyond a year or two from now. It's actually the first phone to have used for more than a year.
    04-26-14 09:56 AM
    Maybe another year or so

Visit GTR Lifestyle @ C001247FA
    04-26-14 11:24 AM
    My Z10 is a great device, it just keeps getting better... it's been over a year for me but it doesn't feel like it.

Posted using my Z10
    04-26-14 11:31 AM
    This has been the longest with a phone since upgrading. I got this phone in February 2013 when it was released.

I am not even thinking about upgrading. It serves me well in all aspects and functionality.

Posted via CB10
    04-26-14 02:02 PM
    I have no issues with my z10, I can't see any reason to replace it to be honest.

For what I want from it, it does absolutely everything.

Posted via CB10
    04-26-14 03:33 PM
    It's proven the best 'all round' device I've ever owned.

Posted via CB
    04-26-14 03:45 PM
    I have no reason to change my phone. I will be checking the Q20 out but definitely keeping my beloved Z10. This little guy has been dropped, dragged around, used as my primary camera on numerous trips and keeps on working hard!

The phone came thru for me the most during our move from another State. I handled paperwork for both home sales and purchases mainly from my Z10 and was amazed at how it handled the documents, pdf files, managed files, searched for emails etc. Remember app was a huge help. It's a keeper for me.

I judge my phone by its practical usage which is why BlackBerry has always been the phone for me in getting things done.

Loving my Zed 10!!
    04-26-14 06:37 PM
    Hopefully a Z10 replacement will come during the holiday or same time Z10 was launched. So between October to March. Sure Z10 is a great phone, but doesn't mean it's the best in competition. Even if this device "just works for your needs" doesn't mean the evolutions should stop, doesn't mean the company should stop improving. Even windows phone is getting massive upgrades in hardware to cope with the demand. It's a hardware race however you spin it.

I was never a BlackBerry user until Z10. I've had plenty of Androids, Windows Phone 7, 8s, and iDevices. But I opened the idea to try out BlackBerry, and hopefully BlackBerry will do the same to look at where it stands in the competition and where it needs to improve on.

Posted via CB10
    Rowan M likes this.
    04-26-14 07:13 PM
    I have had my z10 for about 1 week, after I traded from a q10. Dreaded the fact of getting into a touchscreen keypad. I find that I spend more time on the phone doing things I wouldn't be doing had I still have the q10. Maybe because of the bigger screen??...still getting used to the keypad but not as bad as I thought it would be. won't mind having the Q20 if it has a bigger screen. But by that time I hope to have gotten used to this phone and therefore have no need to get a second phone. Just another battery. I may also get the z30 as I find out what is the best one to get for att, or wait till the next touch screen comes out later in the year. Overall, I like the z10 very much,ove the camera and screen, prefer BlackBerry os over ios and android.

Posted via CB10 with z10
    04-29-14 03:03 PM
    Mine is a year now as well. This past week in fact. For me I truly love my phone. The battery life, keyboard, Hub integration, browser all great things that work great for me.

What I have issues with over the past year:

I have noticed that it isn't as smooth as when I first got it, lag seems to be creeping in.

The battery life has not been consistent over the year. Some days I barely make it, some days I make it two days. Mostly under the same uses. I seem to have found a decent balance since uploading 10.2.1 where I run Wifi and my screen at full brightness and last a day under normal uses. Before I couldn't so that is a nice improvement at least.

The phone bothers me with the external build quality. I have the white Z10, the battery door is flimsy to say the least. Not as cheap feeling as the Samsung phones but certainly not premium feeling like my old Torch 9860 or the 99XX series of phones.

That all said, after a year, Zeddy (yup, after the Zellers mascot) is still running strong and leaves me overall quite happy. So much so for the first time I am not actively looking to replace my daily driver, which is wierd. I see more updates happening, throughout the year and this phone lasting me another full year.
    04-29-14 04:03 PM
    BB10 is timeless because communication will never go out of style. The Hub is still as useful as day 1. BB10 improvements will always make my Z10 feel new and it still has the fastest browser out there!
    04-29-14 07:09 PM
    Slowly getting used to the virtual keyboard as I add my two cents on all of these forums

Posted via CB10 with z10
    04-29-14 08:29 PM
    I like to play around with other phones but I always go right back to my Z10. I think I am going to have this phone for a really long time. So far I have not found anything else that I would leave my Z for.
    Conan69 likes this.
    04-29-14 08:34 PM