When receiving a notification, alert tone cracks.. more often when im doing something on my phone, for ex. Im typing a msg on bbm then I received a txt msg..its sms notification tone cracks..

Is there anyone else experienced this?

Posted via CB10
    03-30-14 08:18 AM
    Has it only just started doing this? I'm guessing the device wasn't dropped or anything?

Try a restart with the holding of both volume buttons. See if that helps.

Sent from my iPad using CB Forums
    03-30-14 08:25 AM
    Has it only just started doing this? I'm guessing the device wasn't dropped or anything?

Try a restart with the holding of both volume buttons. See if that helps.

Sent from my iPad using CB Forums
    Nope I havent drop my phone, at first I thought there is something wrong with my external speakers but then when I test the alert tone in notification settings it sounds clear.. I mean there Is no problem at all, so I guess the reason why it cracks is because the notification tone lags..

Posted via CB10
    03-30-14 08:39 AM
    Its started on 10.1 update and now on 10.2.1.. the tone oftentimes cracks..

Posted via CB10
    03-30-14 08:44 AM
    I'm not sure this is the same thing but if I'm using my z10 and something comes in, the tone is kind of squelched or cut off. It is like the z10 stops the sound since I'm already using the phone and am probably aware that a message/notification arrived.
    03-30-14 09:32 AM
    Try a full battery pull for 1 minute at least. Turn phone off first. should fix your problem
    03-30-14 09:37 AM
    I'm not sure this is the same thing but if I'm using my z10 and something comes in, the tone is kind of squelched or cut off. It is like the z10 stops the sound since I'm already using the phone and am probably aware that a message/notification arrived.
    I think thats normal, you accidentally interrupt the notification sound.. but in my case the tone is like coming from a broken speaker.. its cracking..

Posted via CB10
    03-30-14 11:59 AM
    Try a full battery pull for 1 minute at least. Turn phone off first. should fix your problem
    Alright.. ill try that..

Posted via CB10
    03-30-14 12:00 PM
    When receiving a notification, alert tone cracks.. more often when im doing something on my phone, for ex. Im typing a msg on bbm then I received a txt msg..its sms notification tone cracks..

Is there anyone else experienced this?

Posted via CB10
    I did experience this once in a while. It happened to me when I used a ringtone which exceeded the normal db threshold.
    (Had to check it via Audacity)
    If the ringtone isn't in the normal db range, more often than not, it cracks or produces weird sound.
    FF22 likes this.
    04-03-14 01:35 PM
    I did experience this once in a while. It happened to me when I used a ringtone which exceeded the normal db threshold.
    (Had to check it via Audacity)
    If the ringtone isn't in the normal db range, more often than not, it cracks or produces weird sound.
    Me, im using built on tones..

Posted via CB10
    04-04-14 12:44 AM
    Build-in tones causing cracking sound. This is first for me.
    Tried changing volume settings?
    Maybe max volume is causing the issue or there might be a speaker issue which cannot handle max volume.
    Also see, if it happens in headphones also.
    04-04-14 05:20 AM
    Build-in tones causing cracking sound. This is first for me.
    Tried changing volume settings?
    Maybe max volume is causing the issue or there might be a speaker issue which cannot handle max volume.
    Also see, if it happens in headphones also.
    Yes it also happens even im using headphones.. I dont think it has something to do with my external speakers.. coz I tested the sound in notification settings.. and it has a clear sound..no cracks.. I think the incoming alert tone.. is lagging..

Posted via CB10
    04-04-14 08:04 AM