Ho every one, I was a z3 user. Two days back I purchased z10, there was a battery calibration prbm, I solved it with help of google,and there's an another problem, when I switch off my phone by pressing power button, it's again restarting.. why is this happening? How xan I actually switch off my device? It's weird.. anyone help plz..

Posted via CB10
    05-25-15 01:30 PM
    Step 1: Take out back cover.
    Step 2: Remove battery.

Posted via  Z30 STA100-2 | 10.3.1.2558
    05-25-15 01:31 PM
    Step 1: Take out back cover.
    Step 2: Remove battery.

Posted via  Z30 STA100-2 | 10.3.1.2558
    This will definitely do it! Otherwise, are you holding down the power button until it says powering off and it restarts instead? If you hold the power button down it should say powering off in 3-2-1... if you let go you have the option to either cancel, lock, restart, or hold again until powered off. Seems like your device is restarting instead?

Every now and then if I run into something funky with my BB10s I'll just hold the volume up and down keys at the same time until I see the BlackBerry logo which usually fixes any weird issue. This will take a screen shot, but you can just delete it after the phone restarts.

I'd try that first before having to reload the OS through Link or update through other means. In BlackBerry Link there is an option to reload the software if you are experiencing any issues. I'd be curious to know what OS you are on, etc.

Posted via CB10
    05-25-15 01:54 PM
    because loading this OS also, I faced restarting issue.. I'm holding the power button until it says 3,2,1 after that it shuts down and stop holding the power button.. but still it's restarting. , I removed the battery, but after I insert the battery it will restart again.. what could be the problem, is there a solution for this? Bell is the screen shot of my OS.. mine is stl 100-1
    Z10 not switching off..-img_20150526_003916.png

Posted via CB10
    05-25-15 02:12 PM
    because loading this OS also, I faced restarting issue.. I'm holding the power button until it says 3,2,1 after that it shuts down and stop holding the power button.. but still it's restarting. , I removed the battery, but after I insert the battery it will restart again.. what could be the problem, is there a solution for this? Bell is the screen shot of my OS.. mine is stl 100-1
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20150526_003916.png 
Views:	327 
Size:	59.8 KB 
ID:	354476

Posted via CB10
    After it counts 3,2,1...release the power button and it will turn off...If you continue holding power until you see the white BlackBerry logo appears you would have performed a hard reset.

Posted via CB10
    05-25-15 02:27 PM
    After it counts 3,2,1...release the power button and it will turn off...If you continue holding power until you see the white BlackBerry logo appears you would have performed a hard reset.

Posted via CB10
    I'd try this... the OS seems fine. Wasn't sure if you were on an older version since you just got the phone. Also check to see if the power button springs back up and isn't getting stuck in the down position when pressed.

Posted via CB10
    05-25-15 03:16 PM
    Thanks guys, I pressed the power button until it shows 3,2,1 and I stoped pressing it just after the 1 number goes off.. it's bit tricky.. but it works now.. tnx for the help.. and I'm shocked with the battery backup, my Z3 used to stay for 2 days with normal use..and one day with heavy using.. but Z10 doesn't even stay for a day., is theft a problem with my phone? I closed all un used apps and I switched off location services and there are no android apps in my mobile. But still, the battery doesn't stay long,not even for a day.
    Is there an issue with my battery? Or is there a solution? In crackberry I have seen several people complaining about battery issues..but I couldn't find any proper solutions.. any suggestions?

Posted via CB10
    05-26-15 07:13 AM
    Thanks guys, I pressed the power button until it shows 3,2,1 and I stoped pressing it just after the 1 number goes off.. it's bit tricky.. but it works now.. tnx for the help.. and I'm shocked with the battery backup, my Z3 used to stay for 2 days with normal use..and one day with heavy using.. but Z10 doesn't even stay for a day., is theft a problem with my phone? I closed all un used apps and I switched off location services and there are no android apps in my mobile. But still, the battery doesn't stay long,not even for a day.
    Is there an issue with my battery? Or is there a solution? In crackberry I have seen several people complaining about battery issues..but I couldn't find any proper solutions.. any suggestions?

Posted via CB10
    I'm sure others will comment, but the Z10 battery life seems to vary greatly among users. It was about equivalent to my mother's old iPhone 5S.

Most people that have stayed with BlackBerry 10 upgraded to the Z30 because of poor battery life on the Z10. I keep the battery savings mode on all the time and deny almost all app permissions. My Z10 will last a full day with light to moderate usage.

I would also go into the app permissions and make sure they are all turned off in "run when minimized" unless need be. I have a few BlackBerry apps and a few Android apps and there is no need for any of them to run when minimized although it defaults to on after opening the app so you could check that.

The last resort would be to get a new battery. Many of the batteries in the Z10 are now fairly old. There is also the extended battery option mentioned in another thread, but you have to be careful not to get scammed with some of these.

Posted via CB10
    05-26-15 08:46 AM
    I did the same, switched off run when minimised option..but no use. I like Z10 when compared to my old Z3.. but these few issues are bothering me a lot.. I didn't want a 5 inch screen so I switched to Z10.. now I don't know if my problems will be solved or not..

Posted via CB10
    05-26-15 10:05 AM
    Check to make sure your power button isn't getting stuck... Happened on my Z30 and I initially thought OS was corrupt...

Posted via CB10
    06-03-15 07:08 PM