Hi There

Hopefully someone can help. My z10 will not power up at all. It was fully charged working fine and just suddenly switched off this morning. When I hold power button down to switch on, the red light flashes for about 3 seconds and then dies again. Nothing on screen at all! I tried reloading software via blackberry link but when i connected device to computer, it does not acknowledge this. I then proceeded to use IE to try and reload software whereby it did acknowledge the phone and went through the motions of loading new updated software with green ight showing but at the end it comes up with an error box saying the application loader could not connect to your blackberry device. I have carried out the actions it has asked and have retried but to no avail.
    Can anyone please offer any advice to sort it.

Thanks

Garry
    08-17-13 09:24 AM
    Refer to here:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...tartup-827132/

In summary, you were right to do what you have done. If it hasn't helped consider repair or replacement. The topic I linked to may have a better answer soon.
    08-17-13 09:34 AM
    I have the same problem, it makes no difference if it is plugged in and re charging or running from the battery, i was reading an e mail when it just switched off, it was about 90% charged at the time. Attempts to re start just show the red light on with no flashing. and nothing on the screen, I have tried various suggestions I have seen on here but no luck, slight variation is that is that when the red light is on, but nothing else on screen, if I go to turn off, after 10 seconds the red light flashes twice, but then remains on, after a few minutes the red light goes off, even when connected to the mains, I have tried the reloading the software on 3 separate PCs, none of them recognise the existence of the Z10. The place I bought it from has closed down. I have had a few problems in the past with it switching off, but it always switched back on again, and I thought maybe I caught something to cause it to switch off, with hindsight maybe not. And a new battery makes no difference, so probably wasted more money there.

I am getting the impression that many people are having Z10 problems, I tried a small local repair store, he could not do anything, but did say he gets requests for Z10 problems, a lot more than the Galaxy or Iphone. I have twice reinstalled software updates to resolve problems, but that was not recent .
    He did offer to send it to somewhere that would do a diagnostics check, and repair if possible.

This is my 7th Blackberry and maybe my last, I never had any problems with my previous 6, but the Z10 has caused me more problems than I think is reasonable for a phone of this price. If I had bought a second hand 5 year old Nokia, I would have understood.

Originally my 2 business partners and I all had Blackberry's, the last time we all changed, I had the Z10, one chose the Galaxy S3, the other an Iphone.
    I prefer the way a Blackberry handles e mails, for 6 different accounts, but it is only any good if it works, and like many others seem to have found, that does not seem to be often enough on the Z10

I have twice contacted Blackberry by e mail but no response, even if they said something like, sadly you have a bad example, as someone who has been a loyal Blackberry customer, return your Z10 and we will give you a XZZ model at a special price, I would be happy, but it seems once they have your money, you are no longer interesting. I guess that comes under good customer relations, its a good job I have never needed it before, as after many years of being a Blackberry customer, I have discovered there isn't any.
    Last edited by Dave773; 10-11-13 at 10:11 AM. Reason: Spelling and addition
    10-11-13 09:54 AM
    Dave, have you also tried reloading through IE? How to reload the OS on a BlackBerry Z10 or BlackBerry Q10 | CrackBerry.com

Also, have you tried shutting off. Removing the battery, then plugging in to PC? Also, you might try plugging into computer with SD card and SIM removed. I know these last are sort of long shots, but sometimes have read it works.
    10-11-13 10:03 AM
    Hi

Thanks, I have tried with IE, and also removing the battery, but not tried removing the sim card and sd card, I will try that.

Thanks for your suggestion will let you know

Edit : HaHa just remembered, the sim card is in one of my old Blackberry's, so I at least have a phone, so I have tried it without sim card, but the sd card is still in, will remove that
    10-11-13 10:26 AM
    I had to take the battery out and plug in to the computer with it out. Took four totally separate attempts ( I couldn't sleep and just kept going back to try again) and for some reason the last time it worked. Link let me down completely.

Thank goodness for my Crackberry family.

So very frustrating, I literally spent 2 days working on getting my phone back to a useable state. Not the way I wanted to spend my "weekend".

Posted via CB10
    10-11-13 11:12 AM
    Now left my Z10 at a repair store, so will know on Monday, fingers crossed
    10-12-13 04:22 PM