I can not run BlackBerry Link on my pc with Windows seven, the Z10 is not recognized.
    I tried to uninstall the drivers from control panel and then to reinstall them, my PC regularly "see" Z10 as a device but BlackBerry Link still not recognizes it.
    Is there a solution or a workaround?

Thanks
    03-02-13 05:38 AM
    go to device manager ... scroll down till you see a yellow sign on other devices or portable devices ... uninstall it .... reboot ..will work .. happened to me now am good
    FrankBullitt likes this.
    03-02-13 06:57 AM
    go to device manager ... scroll down till you see a yellow sign on other devices or portable devices ... uninstall it .... reboot ..will work .. happened to me now am good
    If this doesn't help (especially if on Mac and using VMWare or parallels): Settings - Storage and Access: USB Connection: change from Autodetect to "Connect to windows"

HTH
    Torsten
    03-02-13 07:00 AM
    I tried to uninstall drivers and reinstall, do you suggest to remove the device from PC and then reboot-connect again via USB?
    03-02-13 10:31 AM
    I hope you get this sorted out. My Z10 was up and running quickly using the Link device switch wizard to transfer data from my Torch 9860.

It transferred all my old wifi saved networks, browser bookmarks etc... I had to use bluetooth to transfer my contacts and the calendar sync issue is well documented elsewhere (to be fixed soon we hope).

Sometimes the type of issues you described are best fixed by un-installing and reinstalling the problematic software. Maybe go to your Windows control panel and delete all the BlackBerry software. Restart windows. Re-download and reinstall BB LINK. Then reattach the Z10 via usb. It should work. If not, I would call the support line while you still have warranty coverage.

Posted via CB10
    FrankBullitt likes this.
    03-02-13 10:55 AM
    I hope you get this sorted out. My Z10 was up and running quickly using the Link device switch wizard to transfer data from my Torch 9860.

It transferred all my old wifi saved networks, browser bookmarks etc... I had to use bluetooth to transfer my contacts and the calendar sync issue is well documented elsewhere (to be fixed soon we hope).

Sometimes the type of issues you described are best fixed by un-installing and reinstalling the problematic software. Maybe go to your Windows control panel and delete all the BlackBerry software. Restart windows. Re-download and reinstall BB LINK. Then reattach the Z10 via usb. It should work. If not, I would call the support line while you still have warranty coverage.

Posted via CB10
    tried, but still not works
    03-02-13 04:08 PM
    I was just speaking with BB tech support on another matter and I mentioned the problems I was having with Link.

He said BB is aware of its instability, and that an update would be issued 'soon' through the carriers.

As usual the timing is dependent on the carrier, so for me, I know I'll be waiting a while for good ole Ma Bell...
    FrankBullitt likes this.
    03-02-13 06:27 PM