My BlackBerry Z10 is not reading files,images,videos,etc from memory card.. please help

Posted via CB10
    10-13-14 05:23 AM
    Could you elaborate? Is this memory card working fine before? You may try to move / copy all the files inside your memory card to a computer then reformat your memory card and move / copy everything back.
    10-13-14 05:37 AM
    Could you elaborate? Is this memory card working fine before? You may try to move / copy all the files inside your memory card to a computer then reformat your memory card and move / copy everything back.
    2 days before I purchased the memory card.. my memory card is new.. how it could be possible?

Posted via CB10
    10-13-14 05:47 AM
    I am experiencing something similar and would really appreciate any help.... My Z10 was experiencing issues with uploading updates so I was in contact with blackberry support. They had me remove my ScanDisc 16GB card to protect the contents as my phone was going to be wiped. I removed it. Once everything back on line the card was then placed back in my phone and the files are now LOCKED. My device is telling me that the card was from another device and that I do not have authorization.... I then attempted to get them through my windows pc, I was able to finally get them transferred but they will not open as it states "files may be corrupt" or not supported. How do I get the media accessed on this card? all media was originally captured on the same device, but since it was wiped... they are locked.
    10-13-14 07:28 AM
    I am experiencing something similar and would really appreciate any help.... My Z10 was experiencing issues with uploading updates so I was in contact with blackberry support. They had me remove my ScanDisc 16GB card to protect the contents as my phone was going to be wiped. I removed it. Once everything back on line the card was then placed back in my phone and the files are now LOCKED. My device is telling me that the card was from another device and that I do not have authorization.... I then attempted to get them through my windows pc, I was able to finally get them transferred but they will not open as it states "files may be corrupt" or not supported. How do I get the media accessed on this card? all media was originally captured on the same device, but since it was wiped... they are locked.
    10-13-14 07:41 AM
    My BlackBerry Z10 is not reading files,images,videos,etc from memory card.. please help

Posted via CB10
    Mine same SD Card problem too. I posted "SD Card problem "someone has been replied .Reloaded pics and files to SD Card.
    Let OS soak as you feed it.

Z10/STL2 BlackBerry 10
    10-13-14 07:57 AM
    2 days before I purchased the memory card.. my memory card is new.. how it could be possible?

Posted via CB10
    If it's new then it should be under a warranty, get it replaced.

Cave, cave, moderator videt
    10-13-14 08:19 AM
    If it's new then it should be under a warranty, get it replaced.

Cave, cave, moderator videt
    But it is working fine with another phone..

Posted via CB10
    10-13-14 09:20 AM
    I am assuming the memory card was encrypted before the wipe. If you did a backup of the phone and card then you can proceed with
    the format of the card.

1. copy files to computer.
    2. format card
    3. copy and paste into card
    4. The system will not recognize files
    5. Rebooot

Should fix problem, I have noticed with OS updates the encrypted software gets updated and does not recognize old encryption.
    10-13-14 09:29 AM
    Please be careful of doing something to your device. As to encryption, it displays a warning that the memory card can not be accessible if it is inserted into the devices or the system used to encrypt the memory card is updated.
    10-13-14 12:16 PM
    Unless I missed it, what size memory card, what brand?

Using a computer, sometimes you can see what format was used - exFat or other?

Are the files showing if you use the file Manager to navigate the folders?

What OS and what version device?
    10-13-14 01:29 PM
    I am assuming the memory card was encrypted before the wipe. If you did a backup of the phone and card then you can proceed with
    the format of the card.

1. copy files to computer.
    2. format card
    3. copy and paste into card
    4. The system will not recognize files
    5. Rebooot

Should fix problem, I have noticed with OS updates the encrypted software gets updated and does not recognize old encryption.
    This fixed the problem for me initially with my music app, but then the problem came back again. What I do now, is open the file in file manager, play a little of the song, then reboot the phone. The song now shows up in my music app. Sucks to have to do this every time I add a song to my music app.
    10-14-14 07:33 AM
    This fixed the problem for me initially with my music app, but then the problem came back again. What I do now, is open the file in file manager, play a little of the song, then reboot the phone. The song now shows up in my music app. Sucks to have to do this every time I add a song to my music app.
    The problem is that you did a system upgrade or did a hard reboot. It warns you to decrypt the card before doing the upgrade or hard reboot or wipe. You have to format the card again after such actions. So the new operating system can recognize it. That solved the problem for me each time I did an upgrade.

Posted via CB10
    10-16-14 07:55 AM
    The songs I was having problems with were stored on the device not the card. Now I'm having the same problem with the passport. I transfered songs from the z10 to passport using device switch. I don't have a SD card in my passport. All the songs I transferred say "local file missing". I tried deleting and replacing the airtunes file like I did for my z10 but that doesn't work.

Posted via CB10
    11-10-14 06:37 PM