Why are many people and reviewers call the Z10 construction plastic?
    Its construction is very similar to that of the iPhone 5, with a machined aluminum uni-body.
    Where as the Samsung Galaxy S3 is plastic construction throughout.

Unlike the iPhone 5, where one can clearly see its construction, the Z10's body is hidden beneath the paint. Blackberry advertising should really point out this higher quality construction of the Z10.
    03-20-13 03:58 AM
    Why are many people and reviewers call the Z10 construction plastic?
    Its construction is very similar to that of the iPhone 5, with a machined aluminum uni-body.
    Where as the Samsung Galaxy S3 is plastic construction throughout.

Unlike the iPhone 5, where one can clearly see its construction, the Z10's body is hidden beneath the paint. Blackberry advertising should really point out this higher quality construction of the Z10.

Cool, thanks for that!
    03-20-13 04:12 AM
    BlackBerry Z10 Review | CrackBerry.com

The chassis isn't made entirely out of stainless steel like the P'9981. Satin finished and functional, the outer housing of the frame is made of plastic combined with an internal stainless steel metal frame to protect the display and increase structural rigidity while allowing the 4G antennas to function at their best. Like the PlayBook, rounded corners and soft-touch rubber back make the Z10 feel great in the hand. The volume keys aren't identical to the PlayBook, but have a similar look.
    03-20-13 04:15 AM
    thanks, will save that for later in case I ever need to replace something.
    03-20-13 04:30 AM
    BlackBerry Z10 Review | CrackBerry.com

The chassis isn't made entirely out of stainless steel like the P'9981. Satin finished and functional, the outer housing of the frame is made of plastic combined with an internal stainless steel metal frame to protect the display and increase structural rigidity while allowing the 4G antennas to function at their best. Like the PlayBook, rounded corners and soft-touch rubber back make the Z10 feel great in the hand. The volume keys aren't identical to the PlayBook, but have a similar look.
    If you look at the disassembly, the outer perimeter and the top and bottom "bars" are part of the aluminum chassis that is powder coated. Only major plastic parts are the back cover, an internal cover and a very thin frame around the glass display.
    03-20-13 04:32 AM
    I think all major mobile reviewers love to make blackberry look bad

Posted via CB10
    03-20-13 04:37 AM
    If you look at the disassembly, the outer perimeter and the top and bottom "bars" are part of the aluminum chassis that is powder coated. Only major plastic parts are the back cover, an internal cover and a very thin frame around the glass display.
    Oh no I'm not denying that the materials used aren't great. I know that the Z10 is stronger then my GS3..

It definitely feels more solid anyway.

BlackBerry's have always been strong in my experience, I've dropped my 9800 loads of times and its still going strong 3years later.
    03-20-13 05:01 AM
    There is nothing wrong with plastic. Guns are made of plastic.
    03-20-13 05:11 AM
    I don't see what the big deal is about plastic anyway. I like it....personal preference, I've said that too many times.
    03-20-13 05:29 AM