So I'm trying to test out NFC between my Z10 and my NFC Computer and I have been trying to share a photo from my phone to computer via NFC... for some reason it won't work. Any ideas?

EDIT: Got it working! Finally! Apparently you can only send web links (tags) to my computer
    Last edited by bounce007; 01-09-14 at 10:29 PM.
    01-09-14 10:12 PM
    Great to hear it's solved
    01-11-14 02:30 AM
    I'm glad you got it to work. I use NFC to share photos & stuff with my friends that have android phones. I enjoy showing them something different that they didn't know about.

Posted via CB10
    01-11-14 06:30 AM
    I'm glad you got it to work. I use NFC to share photos & stuff with my friends that have android phones. I enjoy showing them something different that they didn't know about.

Posted via CB10
    Yeah, this NFC technology is very cool. One thing I don't like is the signal strength (maybe it's not signal strength), I have to take my phone out of the case (Otterbox) for devices to detect whatever file I'm sending through NFC.
    01-11-14 07:28 AM
    Yeah, this NFC technology is very cool. One thing I don't like is the signal strength (maybe it's not signal strength), I have to take my phone out of the case (Otterbox) for devices to detect whatever file I'm sending through NFC.
    Nfc needs the back of your phone to touch the other Nfc device. Having a case on it will hinder it's functionality.

Posted via CB10
    01-11-14 07:59 AM
    Not with a properly designed case. I have 5 different cases, and all work with nfc
    01-11-14 08:39 AM
    Nfc needs the back of your phone to touch the other Nfc device. Having a case on it will hinder it's functionality.

Posted via CB10
    This is not necessarily true. I have seen NFC work with some cases.

Not with a properly designed case. I have 5 different cases, and all work with nfc
    What cases do you have project_x? Because this Otterbox case for the Z10 is quite reviled here on the forums.
    01-11-14 08:43 AM
    Actually I think there's more to it. I have the Otter box Defender I had it on when I first sent a YouTube link to a video to my friend who has a Galaxy S3. I think making certain that the receiving phone has the NFC turned on is what worked for us I barely tapped the back of his phone and the NFC picked it up and voil� it worked. Of course the phones were fully charged. Battery life could've played a role. Of course I'm not discounting that certain cases maybe detrimental.

Posted via CB10
    01-11-14 09:08 AM

What cases do you have project_x? Because this Otterbox case for the Z10 is quite reviled here on the forums.
    But otterbox is so popular because it is so huge right? It's main purpose is for protection that's why I'm thinking that the case is too thick for NFC to even work.

Posted via CB10
    01-11-14 09:35 AM

Sleeve, transformer and flip (all oem), poetic something and a tetded..all work no problem
    01-11-14 09:35 AM