Posting this here for more visibility in case anyone has any advice on issues I am having.

Okay I have had my Z10 for 3 days now and I'm loving it but there are a few things that I am having issues with. (Besides the scrolling to the top if Web pages: No way to fast scroll to top of Web pages)

1. When watching embedded videos they play without going to the full screen. Not sure if there is a setting for that but I have looked with no luck.

2. Copy and Paste seems hard. Maybe I just have to get used to get but it seems like quite a chore to copy and paste.

3. Auto Correct. I don't see a way to "X" out a word that I don't want to be auto corrected. It'a like it gives me no option and I have to keep back spacing to get the word that I want.

4. Blue tooth connection. 3 times today my blue tooth has been connected but when I make a call its not connected. I had to restart the phone in order for it to actually pick up the blue tooth even though it said it was connected. Strange.

5. Random reboots. I'm sure that once AT&T pushes out to the 10.1 update I should be good with that. I have had 4 reboots so far.

6. APPs: Okay I knew BlackBerry was behind on apps but it's worst than I thought. Just a horrible selection if Apps. I will eventually start side loading some Android apps but don't want to do that until I get the new update.

7. Cannot plug and play the Z10 into my USA port in my car radio. It won't pick it up. Just tries to connect to BlackBerry Link. My radio picked up my iPhone so kind of disappointed in that.

8. Oh yeah and the caller ID. I have contacts loaded up but the phone is not picking them up for some reason. For example. I have a contact entered as 912-467-XXXX and when that contact calls it comes in with the country code so the caller ID does not recognize the number and I have to add it to the contact. This is very frustrating.

Posted via CB10

That's all I can think of right now.

I love the Hub. Comes in handy and makes everything so fast. I'm always peeking to see if something can wait.

With my iPhone 4S I couldn't even make it to lunch at work without my battery dying. With my Z10 I can almost make it a whole day at work. I still want to pick up that battery bundle charger though.

I have been taking a lot of flak at work for getting a BlackBerry but once I show them what I can do they are really impressed and change their tune. Most people didn't even know BlackBerry had an "IPhone" type phone. Overall I an very happy with my Z10 and don't regret getting it at all.

Posted via CB10
    Norg likes this.
    06-29-13 11:09 AM
    Many of the problems you are encountering were already fixed in 10.1. Hopefully ATT pushes it out soon.

Regarding your video question, you should get something in the bottom right of the video (like a square) that should cause the video to play in full screen. Which website/video are you referring to? Please include a link and I'll try it.
    IceCold357 likes this.
    06-29-13 11:17 AM
    Do not wait for 10.1 backup your device and start using an appropriate leak version.

Sent from my BB10 smartphone.
    IceCold357 likes this.
    06-29-13 11:21 AM
    Hi! Welcome to the community!

1. When watching embedded videos they play without going to the full screen. Not sure if there is a setting for that but I have looked with no luck.
    Double tap the video to enable full screen. I believe you swipe from the top down to close full screen too.

2. Copy and Paste seems hard. Maybe I just have to get used to get but it seems like quite a chore to copy and paste.
    Unfortunately this will take some getting used to. Give it a week or two and you should be pro at it

3. Auto Correct. I don't see a way to "X" out a word that I don't want to be auto corrected. It'a like it gives me no option and I have to keep back spacing to get the word that I want.
    If you have just typed the incorrect word, you can swipe one finger from right to left along the Keyboard to change the auto-correction, this also allows you to delete an entire word.

4. Blue tooth connection. 3 times today my blue tooth has been connected but when I make a call its not connected. I had to restart the phone in order for it to actually pick up the blue tooth even though it said it was connected. Strange.
    Could you confirm what Handsfree kit you're currently using?

5. Random reboots. I'm sure that once AT&T pushes out to the 10.1 update I should be good with that. I have had 4 reboots so far.
    10.1 has been pretty much confirmed to resolve the random rebooting issue. If you can't wait for AT&T to deploy the update, you could always look to install a leak OS for the time being. Plenty of information on Crackberry on how to do this If you're feeling bold. (Honestly, it's easy as pie) [Note: You SHOULD be running an STL-100-3 device. You can confirm in Settings > About]

6. APPs: Okay I knew BlackBerry was behind on apps but it's worst than I thought. Just a horrible selection if Apps. I will eventually start side loading some Android apps but don't want to do that until I get the new update.
    If you're missing a particular App, you could always contact the developer directly and see where they stand on BB10. Side loading is actually pretty easy to do, and doesn't require 10.1 in order to do so Again, plenty of info on Crackberry on how to do this.

Windows sideloading guide
    Mac sideloading guide (Note is for Playbook but should still work for Z10?

7. Cannot plug and play the Z10 into my USA port in my car radio. It won't pick it up. Just tries to connect to BlackBerry Link. My radio picked up my iPhone so kind of disappointed in that.
    Try setting your device into "Mass Storage Mode"

Settings > Storage > option right at the bottom
    Mazokun, IceCold357 and Norg like this.
    06-29-13 11:25 AM
    Many of the problems you are encountering were already fixed in 10.1. Hopefully ATT pushes it out soon.

Regarding your video question, you should get something in the bottom right of the video (like a square) that should cause the video to play in full screen. Which website/video are you referring to? Please include a link and I'll try it.
    I guess I am just used to the video popping up full screen when hitting play and jot having to hit the box to make it full screen. Here is a link to an example.

http://www.cockytalk.com/showthread.php?t=193268

Posted via CB10
    06-29-13 11:25 AM
    Do not wait for 10.1 backup your device and start using an appropriate leak version.

Yeah I think this weekend I will look for a stable leak and update. I'm used to Jailbreaking so I should be able to do it.

Posted via CB10
    06-29-13 11:26 AM
    Posting this here for more visibility in case anyone has any advice on issues I am having.

Okay I have had my Z10 for 3 days now and I'm loving it but there are a few things that I am having issues with. (Besides the scrolling to the top if Web pages: No way to fast scroll to top of Web pages)

8. Oh yeah and the caller ID. I have contacts loaded up but the phone is not picking them up for some reason. For example. I have a contact entered as 912-467-XXXX and when that contact calls it comes in with the country code so the caller ID does not recognize the number and I have to add it to the contact. This is very frustrating.

Posted via CB10

I love the Hub. Comes in handy and makes everything so fast. I'm always peeking to see if something can wait.

With my iPhone 4S I couldn't even make it to lunch at work without my battery dying. With my Z10 I can almost make it a whole day at work. I still want to pick up that battery bundle charger though.

I have been taking a lot of flak at work for getting a BlackBerry but once I show them what I can do they are really impressed and change their tune. Most people didn't even know BlackBerry had an "IPhone" type phone. Overall I an very happy with my Z10 and don't regret getting it at all.

Posted via CB10
    Thanks a lot for the tips!

The Bluetooth device I am using is a Plantronics Voyager. I haven't had that issue with my iPhone so I am assuming the Bluetooth is fine and it's just some sort of software issue.

Posted via CB10
    06-29-13 11:31 AM

Posted via CB10

Posted via CB10
    I'm also att 10.0. I'm gonna give my responses to beach point and see if it helps at all.

1) this is something I use to bag about the phone. IPhone's can't do this. They have to open the video in a player separate from the browser. That's why it goes full screen. You can make them full screen though, or you can continue to read the page as they play.

2) yes, it is hard. This is why I wish they'd have kept the track pad. Yet it seems easier to me than other full touch devices I've used.

3) you're right. I hadn't thought of this. I've just looked at it as the phone is still learning how I talk. Now that you say it, I hope they do fix it. In the meantime, look over your space bar, what you actually typed will be hovering there and you can flick it. Easier than all the backspacing.

4) I hope someone can give you some advice on this. I connect to my car, two different speakers, a jambox and some no brand one, and a set of Motorola bt headphones. Never had my connection drop.

5) if att would finally give us the update this would be fixed. Feel free to leak, but I haven't had the issue and haven't used a leak yet. Cane very close, but not yet.

6) please tell us share what apps you want, try to find contact info for the developers, and let's start asking them! Personally, there's very few apps I care about, and everything I need is here, but I will message any developer for any app that someone posts on here. Not that I'm of any importance, but just trying to help out.

7) yeah, I have yet to have any device that would connect through my usb port in my car except for flash drives. I think it has something to do with the way the directories are set up. I pods won't work for me either. Many car manufacturers put in ipod iphone controllers in their car stereos, that's probably why your iphone worked.

8) I would edit the phone number in your phone to include country code. I bet it would work then.

Enjoy your z10! It only gets better!

Posted via CB10
    06-29-13 11:32 AM
    And one more question. How do I scan a bar code to join a BBM Group. Like if someone posts a bar code and says scan to join do I have to get on a computer to scan that bar code with my phone? Is there no way to scan it straight from the phone?

Posted via CB10
    06-29-13 11:33 AM
    Yes you can scan.
    Z10 New Owner First Impressions/Issues-img_00000489.png

06-29-13 11:35 AM
    I'm also att 10.0. I'm gonna give my responses to beach point and see if it helps at all.

1) this is something I use to bag about the phone. IPhone's can't do this. They have to open the video in a player separate from the browser. That's why it goes full screen. You can make them full screen though, or you can continue to read the page as they play.

2) yes, it is hard. This is why I wish they'd have kept the track pad. Yet it seems easier to me than other full touch devices I've used.

3) you're right. I hadn't thought of this. I've just looked at it as the phone is still learning how I talk. Now that you say it, I hope they do fix it. In the meantime, look over your space bar, what you actually typed will be hovering there and you can flick it. Easier than all the backspacing.

4) I hope someone can give you some advice on this. I connect to my car, two different speakers, a jambox and some no brand one, and a set of Motorola bt headphones. Never had my connection drop.

5) if att would finally give us the update this would be fixed. Feel free to leak, but I haven't had the issue and haven't used a leak yet. Cane very close, but not yet.

6) please tell us share what apps you want, try to find contact info for the developers, and let's start asking them! Personally, there's very few apps I care about, and everything I need is here, but I will message any developer for any app that someone posts on here. Not that I'm of any importance, but just trying to help out.

7) yeah, I have yet to have any device that would connect through my usb port in my car except for flash drives. I think it has something to do with the way the directories are set up. I pods won't work for me either. Many car manufacturers put in ipod iphone controllers in their car stereos, that's probably why your iphone worked.

8) I would edit the phone number in your phone to include country code. I bet it would work then.

Enjoy your z10! It only gets better!

Posted via CB10
    Again. Great tips. Thank you!

The main app I was concerned about was the USA A Banking app. I did see a thread here about it so I'm going to do as you suggested and email them. Other than that just different games such as Running With Friends. Games aren't that big if a deal for me but I talked my wife into getting a Z10 (hers should be here today) and she is disappointed about some games and that there is no "MyFitnessPal" app which she uses daily. On their website it says they have a BlackBerry App but it's not in the store.

Posted via CB10
    06-29-13 11:39 AM

You should see the exact word you typed hovering above the space bar with the autocorrect word on the space bar...just flick your word up.

Which apps did you want that aren't in there?
    IceCold357 likes this.
    06-29-13 11:39 AM
    Yes you can scan.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_00000489.png 
Views:	1210 
Size:	53.4 KB 
ID:	177258

I guess I am not explaining it right. Like say you posted a bar code for me to join a group in your next post. How do I scan that bar code. Seems that I have to go back out of the app I am in to get to that scanning screen so I am somewhat confused about that.

Posted via CB10
    06-29-13 11:41 AM

Posted via CB10

I have been taking a lot of flak at work for getting a BlackBerry but once I show them what I can do they are really impressed and change their tune. Most people didn't even know BlackBerry had an "IPhone" types phone. Overall I an very happy with my Z10 and don't regret getting it at all.

Posted via CB10
    Copy and paste just isn't very good.

Random reboots: no one knows but supposedly the official 10.1 will fix it.
    06-29-13 11:46 AM

You should see the exact word you typed hovering above the space bar with the autocorrect word on the space bar...just flick your word up.

Which apps did you want that aren't in there?
    I didn't even realize the word you typed was on the spacebar so that does work.

Posted via CB10
    06-29-13 11:47 AM
    Copy and paste just isn't very good.

Random reboots: no one knows but supposedly the official 10.1 will fix it.
    It just seems very hard to select the text that I want to copy. Moving those cursors where you want is a task for me. I guess I will get used to it.

Posted via CB10
    06-29-13 11:48 AM
    It just seems very hard to select the text that I want to copy. Moving those cursors where you want is a task for me. I guess I will get used to it.

Posted via CB10
    It is hard, especially if you are coming from iOS. I will hand it to Apple, they have the best text selection method, period.
    IceCold357 likes this.
    06-29-13 11:50 AM
    Can anyone confirm if the 10.1 update will allow me to fast scroll back up to the top of a Web page by tapping the top of the screen? (Like iOS) Thumb hurts from scrolling back up lol.

Posted via CB10
    06-29-13 11:53 AM
    Double tapping to top will push you all the way to the top.

06-29-13 11:55 AM
    Double tapping to top will push you all the way to the top.

It doesn't work for me. I have tried a hundred times now.

Posted via CB10
    06-29-13 12:01 PM
    Again. Great tips. Thank you!

The main app I was concerned about was the USA A Banking app. I did see a thread here about it so I'm going to do as you suggested and email them. Other than that just different games such as Running With Friends. Games aren't that big if a deal for me but I talked my wife into getting a Z10 (hers should be here today) and she is disappointed about some games and that there is no "MyFitnessPal" app which she uses daily. On their website it says they have a BlackBerry App but it's not in the store.

Posted via CB10
    Get me addresses and ill email also. I feel her pain on myfitnesspal I just emailed them Thursday I believe. Their app was for legacy devices. Had it on my torch. If you could throw fitbit in to your mix of who you're messaging I would appreciate it.
    https://help.fitbit.com/customer/portal/emails/new

Posted via CB10
    IceCold357 likes this.
    06-29-13 12:19 PM
    It doesn't work for me. I have tried a hundred times now.

Posted via CB10
    Hmm 10.1 feature??

06-29-13 12:21 PM
    Can anyone confirm if the 10.1 update will allow me to fast scroll back up to the top of a Web page by tapping the top of the screen? (Like iOS) Thumb hurts from scrolling back up lol.

Posted via CB10
    Yes in 10.1 you can quick scroll. All you need to do is swipe down from the top and then tap the title link and it will bring you back to the top

As for item 7. USB try going into settings, Store and Access, scroll to the bottom and turn on usb mass storage that may work.

Most of your problems are fixed in 10.1. The leaks using the auto loader method are easy and work well. 10.1.0.2062 has great battery life and has proven to be stable. Just grab the one for Your device., if you are not sure which one go to settings, general, and look for STL100-3 for example. Also make sure to do a backup with bb link.
    IceCold357 likes this.
    06-29-13 12:25 PM
    Maybe I am not understanding, but when I go to a web page and there is an imbedded video, to play it full screen I just turn my device to landscape. But them I am on ATT and on 10.1.0.2354 which is a very stable and good "official" Update that was adopted by another carrier.
    06-29-13 12:33 PM
    Get me addresses and ill email also. I feel her pain on myfitnesspal I just emailed them Thursday I believe. Their app was for legacy devices. Had it on my torch. If you could throw fitbit in to your mix of who you're messaging I would appreciate it.
    https://help.fitbit.com/customer/portal/emails/new

Posted via CB10
    Sounds like a plan. I will email fit bit and see if I can find the email for the USAA app developer. Thanks for you help!

Posted via CB10
    bradu1 likes this.
    06-29-13 01:05 PM
44 12