merging tel numbers in contacts, sometimes with address and email sometimes not. just creating a mess. Also deleting contacts randomly. have had entire phone reset.
    09-19-13 05:38 PM
    Yeah the contacts app tries ones patience. Lol.

Z10STL100-4/10.2.0.1443
    09-19-13 05:43 PM
    Stl-100-4 OS 10.2.0.1725
    It has stumped me But I have learned a few things reading CB...i don't use Gmail. gonna try something different this eve....contacts have been CRAZY since I got this phone through all the OS's but I have patience and I know this is a new OS all around (i wish I understood how it works...lol)

Posted via CB10
    09-19-13 06:10 PM
    Really and truly, the best way to keep contacts organized is to use Microsoft Outlook on your computer to synchronize everything! If you are a government employee at any level, check with your employer for discounts through the Microsoft home use program. Full office on a dvd will be about 13 bucks. Corporate employees should do the same. Set up to sync with outlook and the choice you need to make is which device takes.precedence for conflicts. Does the computer win or does the phone. If you make a change to the phone, sync and the change is reflected on your computer. The opposite for the change on the computer. Easy! Helps with caller id photos, notes, calendar entries as well.

Posted via CB10
    Mic_JP and PatrickMJS like this.
    09-19-13 06:40 PM
    I use Exchange and still have a frustrating problem. No matter what photo I assign to my contact, it changes over to whatever one they are using on Facebook. I have Facebook turned off in my contacts as I found there was too many doubles and every time i loaded an new OS i would have to relink them.

Anyone else have the same problem and or found a solution? Anyone found a reason to have Facebook friends in your contacts list?

Thanks

Bill
    09-19-13 07:02 PM
    Really and truly, the best way to keep contacts organized is to use Microsoft Outlook on your computer to synchronize everything! If you are a government employee at any level, check with your employer for discounts through the Microsoft home use program. Full office on a dvd will be about 13 bucks. Corporate employees should do the same. Set up to sync with outlook and the choice you need to make is which device takes.precedence for conflicts. Does the computer win or does the phone. If you make a change to the phone, sync and the change is reflected on your computer. The opposite for the change on the computer. Easy! Helps with caller id photos, notes, calendar entries as well.

Posted via CB10
    I was thinking the same but have yet to try....i WILL be trying this, thank u

Posted via CB10
    09-19-13 08:28 PM
    I use Exchange and still have a frustrating problem. No matter what photo I assign to my contact, it changes over to whatever one they are using on Facebook. I have Facebook turned off in my contacts as I found there was too many doubles and every time i loaded an new OS i would have to relink them.

Anyone else have the same problem and or found a solution? Anyone found a reason to have Facebook friends in your contacts list?

Thanks

Bill
    10.2 let's you choose between the FB or local contact pictures. I don't remember if it was there before.

Posted via CB10
    09-19-13 08:33 PM
    Stl-100-4 OS 10.2.0.1725
    It has stumped me But I have learned a few things reading CB...i don't use Gmail. gonna try something different this eve....contacts have been CRAZY since I got this phone through all the OS's but I have patience and I know this is a new OS all around (i wish I understood how it works...lol)

Posted via CB10
    The way I've kept my sanity is to delete my GMAIL account then clean up the contacts in Gmail. After that resync, also I never restore my accounts after installing a new OS or wiping. As a matter of fact I delete them all prior to getting a backup including the mysterious "local contacts". I have had no issues with the contacts since I started doing this.

Posted via CB10
    09-19-13 08:37 PM