Hi
    I have a sandisk 16 gb class 10 micro sd card. And since last couple of days my z10 doesn't recognise my memory card and i have around very imp 5 gb data in it. It is so much irritating that when i connect my z10 with notebook the sd card drive is also not reflecting, means can't even copy data.
    HELP.

Posted via CB10
    11-21-14 06:25 AM
    Btw I'm on leaked Z10STL100-1/10.3.0.1052. Anything to do with the leaked OS?

Posted via CB10
    11-21-14 06:26 AM
    Have you tried using a card reader and reading the card on a computer? You can copy the contents to the computer, reformat the card on the phone, then copy the data back into the proper folders. That solves a lot of memory card issues.
    FF22 and Mecca EL like this.
    11-21-14 07:47 AM
    So it was working normally and then suddenly it is no longer working? Did you install any new apps? Have you tried to remove the card and replace it.

But I also agree with P Hughes, a separate card reader might be able to save your files, if the card still reads outside of the phone.
    11-21-14 11:44 AM
    Formatted it a week ago due to same issues and now after a week the same problem again popped up. Yes i have taken it out and then re-inserted it around 10 times but no, it simply refuses to read.
    Will try one more time with card reader, but anything related to some specific formatting needs to be done?

Posted via CB10
    11-21-14 06:55 PM
    Formatted it a week ago due to same issues and now after a week the same problem again popped up. Yes i have taken it out and then re-inserted it around 10 times but no, it simply refuses to read.
    Will try one more time with card reader, but anything related to some specific formatting needs to be done?

Posted via CB10
    A 16gb card should not need any special formatting. How long have you had it? I guess it can go bad. But I'm not sure how to test whether it is the card or the phone other than getting another card and seeing how it holds up in the phone. Are you doing any writing to the card from the phone? That is do any apps save data to the card?
    11-21-14 09:28 PM
    Most likely SD card gone bad.
    Mecca EL likes this.
    11-21-14 10:37 PM
    bought it 6 months back, and quite often my Z10 didn't show the sd card's content but then i used to restart it and and it'd be fine. I actually bought 2 one in my wife's samsung and her card till date is working like a cream. She says get off Blackberry and adds it's your device who's at fault and i just refuses to pay any attention to that thing.
    11-22-14 12:39 AM
    Just finished formatting and still my Z10 refuses to read sd card. whereas card reader was able to read it perfectly. what could be the issue now?
    Sd card is fine, since card reader was able to read it.
    has the micro sd card slot got damaged?
    Or is it the device OS?
    11-22-14 04:22 AM
    First thing to do is to make sure SD card slot is clean. A speck of dust on contacts may cause similar issues. I would try with a different SD card also. It's a memory chip and they do fail, even brand new ones. 1/2 of Sandisk SD cards on the market are fake Chinese products with unknown manufacturer.
    11-22-14 06:15 AM
    Just finished formatting and still my Z10 refuses to read sd card. whereas card reader was able to read it perfectly. what could be the issue now?
    Or is it the device OS?
    Update to the latest leaked OS10.3.1.1151. In your case, you could have a bad OS install, or corrupt data from a backup file - if you restored using Link.
    11-22-14 06:25 AM
    Or is it the device OS?
    I'm sure you are, but are you formatting the card in the phone or using the computer? It should be done in the phone. I had an issue with mine recently as well, but with 10.2. I reloaded my OS, then reformatted the card. It works fine now. Good luck!
    11-22-14 10:24 AM
    Since I see you and your wife have the same card (ignoring for the moment her disdain for BB), how about swapping cards with her (while she sleeps, swap all of the data from one to the other using a computer intermediary) and see if her card works in your device or your card fails in her's.

What is the brand?

Good luck and be prepared to give her, her card back quickly if you discover anything!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    11-22-14 10:53 AM
    I'm sure you are, but are you formatting the card in the phone or using the computer? It should be done in the phone. I had an issue with mine recently as well, but with 10.2. I reloaded my OS, then reformatted the card. It works fine now. Good luck!
    How do i format the card in the phone, when the phone itself isn't reading it at the first place?

Posted via CB10
    11-22-14 09:47 PM
    Since I see you and your wife have the same card (ignoring for the moment her disdain for BB), how about swapping cards with her (while she sleeps, swap all of the data from one to the other using a computer intermediary) and see if her card works in your device or your card fails in her's.

What is the brand?

Good luck and be prepared to give her, her card back quickly if you discover anything!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Good suggestion, will try her memory card and check if its the memory card slot who's at fault or the memory card?
    BTW, its sandisk 16 gb Class 10 micro sd card.

Posted via CB10
    11-22-14 09:49 PM
    How do i format the card in the phone, when the phone itself isn't reading it at the first place?

Posted via CB10
    Can't argue that logic.

Posted via CB10
    Mecca EL likes this.
    11-22-14 10:54 PM
    I have such problem - It's hardware reason
    When push on card slot card detect when release - lost
    My solution - I place part of guitar picker under back cover what pressure on card slot
    Card still detected :-))
    11-25-16 06:08 AM