I used Blackberry Link to sync photos, videos and music from my Macbook to my Z10.

All of the files have sync'd and are on the SD card BUT when I click on the Videos, Pictures or Music icons, I get No Videos/Pictures/Music with the Blackberry Link instructions. I can see the files and open them when I navigate to the File Manager icon but they don't show up on the Video/Pictures/Music icons and I don't see where I can configure the Z10 to search for this files on the SD card. Anyone have any idea how I can get this done? I've sync'd twice already after formatting the SD card each time.

Thanks!
    02-28-13 10:01 PM
    Same thing happened to me when I went in to music but then I tried to go into photos and a pop-up came up saying something regarding retrieving more pictures by connecting to SD. Went back in music and my library was there. Media needs to recognize SD. I think I flukes out but you could give it a try.

Would be nice to know how to make sure Media always recognizes the SD

Posted via CB10
    02-28-13 10:06 PM
    When you go to the storage setting you have two options for your SD card.

USB Mass Storage can be On or Off. If it is ON then your SD card is being used as a USB Drive and the phone will not recognize it (because it isnt an SD card!). You can use it like this to have root access to your SD card through your phone... it is how I load my music and videos onto the Z10, i dont use BB Link.

However, if you DO NOT turn the USB Mass Storage OFF after that then the phone will not recognize all the files on the SD card... remember it is a USB drive now.

Turn USB Mass Storage OFF and BAM! everything works

TO SEARCH FOR THE SD CARD FILES you have to go to file manager and click the bottom left icon (it should be 'device' by default) and then choose SD Card
    02-28-13 10:09 PM
    I rebooted the Z10 and voil�...they all appeared. After reading moesamarai's post, it dawned on my that it could have been the Z10 just not recognizing the SD card.
    02-28-13 10:18 PM