I have a Z10 LE device (STL100-2) and it keeps on rebooting itself randomly on its own.

Generally it reboots when I am on a phone call or when I keep it in my pocket. It heats up a bit on keeping in pocket and I see it rebooting whenever I pull it out.
    The problem is not in the way I pull it out. I take special care to not to press the lock button, but still it reboots when I pull it out. This leads to battery drainage.
    It also reboots whenever I am on a phone call for over a minute or two. Sometimes it reboots randomly at other instances as well.

Earlier I was using 10.2.0.1767. Now I have rolled back to 10.1.0.4633 which is the official version for my carrier but the problem still persists.

Can somebody please tell me what could be the issue? Could it be a software issue or a hardware issue and I need to take it to Blackberry center?
    10-16-13 09:09 AM
    Well it COULD be software, what active frames to do keep running? Are you in a low signal area and maybe the device is constantly looking for signal?
    10-16-13 09:20 AM
    Is the battery loose? Make sure it stays connected.

Posted via CB10
    russmov likes this.
    10-16-13 09:22 AM

Posted via CB10
    This could definitely be the problem. Probably where I would start.
    10-16-13 09:43 AM
    I have a Z10 LE device (STL100-2) and it keeps on rebooting itself randomly on its own.

Generally it reboots when I am on a phone call or when I keep it in my pocket. It heats up a bit on keeping in pocket and I see it rebooting whenever I pull it out.
    The problem is not in the way I pull it out. I take special care to not to press the lock button, but still it reboots when I pull it out. This leads to battery drainage.
    It also reboots whenever I am on a phone call for over a minute or two. Sometimes it reboots randomly at other instances as well.

Earlier I was using 10.2.0.1767. Now I have rolled back to 10.1.0.4633 which is the official version for my carrier but the problem still persists.

Can somebody please tell me what could be the issue? Could it be a software issue or a hardware issue and I need to take it to Blackberry center?
    You need to perform a security wipe. You have corrupt data, carrying over from the bad OS and fouling up any current OS you install. Think of your device for what it is, a computer. Updating from XP to Win 8, and just over writing the previous OS would do what?

Back up your phone. Set up and transfer contacts and calendars, using Google, Outlook, Evernote, or whatever apps you prefer; wipe your device, do not set up YET, install 1767 or whatever OS you like, complete setup... DO NOT restore the back up you made with Link - that's an emergency backup, incase things go horribly wrong with your important info - set up your email, and have everything sync, do a NEW back up of the devices current state - you have a clean backup - and enjoy your LE.
    10-16-13 09:50 AM
    Well it COULD be software, what active frames to do keep running? Are you in a low signal area and maybe the device is constantly looking for signal?
    Nothing active. It even happens when the device is locked with no apps running. And generally when I am on a call for over two minutes. Signal is mostly full.

Battery seems ok. Tried shaking it and dropping from a few inches (obviously on soft surface, :P). No reboots on doing this.

You need to perform a security wipe. You have corrupt data, carrying over from the bad OS and fouling up any current OS you install. Think of your device for what it is, a computer. Updating from XP to Win 8, and just over writing the previous OS would do what?
    I will try installing after doing security wipe. I don't have much content to backup, it's almost a fresh device.
    I just have a few sideloaded apps from BbBars.net and unlocked runtime from crackberry forum only. Sideloading could not be an issue, right?
    10-17-13 01:13 PM
    Side loading is not the problem, but an app you have side loaded could be the problem. After the security wipe and fresh install, add one side loaded app at a time and see how the phone responds to the app. Keep adding apps. If you start getting reboots, then the last side loaded app is the culprit.

However, most likely it is a corrupted OS, and not an app.

Posted via CB10 via my Z10
    10-17-13 02:31 PM
    I was getting blue screen, followed by reboot. Removed four apps I was no longer using. Problem solved.
    10-17-13 03:13 PM
    Yup! Do a secure device wipe and reload software, of course do a backup of your apps, contacts and msgs

Posted via CB10
    10-17-13 03:16 PM
    You need to perform a security wipe. You have corrupt data, carrying over from the bad OS and fouling up any current OS you install.
    Yup! Do a secure device wipe and reload software, of course do a backup of your apps, contacts and msgs
    I did the security wipe and reinstalled the OS. But I am still facing the reboot issue. The only apps that I have sideloaded now are Google Maps and Google Authenticator.
    My Z10 still reboots whenever I pull it out of my pocket or sometimes when in hand only. I have also padded up the battery with paper, in case if it would have been loose, but no results.
    Please suggest something, otherwise, last option is to take it to a Blackberry Service Center.
    10-21-13 07:29 AM
    exactly the same problem with my z10 (stl100-2). Returned mine to Vodafone UK, sent away for repair, couldn't be fixed. Gave me a new one and this one been good, so far no problems.

Posted via CB10
    10-21-13 07:50 AM
    I did the same. But its not helping. Any other suggestions?

Infact i even changed the battery to new. But helpless.
    05-19-15 01:58 AM

Back up your phone. Set up and transfer contacts and calendars, using Google, Outlook, Evernote, or whatever apps you prefer; wipe your device, do not set up YET, install 1767 or whatever OS you like, complete setup... DO NOT restore the back up you made with Link - that's an emergency backup, incase things go horribly wrong with your important info - set up your email, and have everything sync, do a NEW back up of the devices current state - you have a clean backup - and enjoy your LE.
    -------------

Not helping this one too
    05-19-15 02:00 AM