I absolutely stand behind the idea that hardware/software integration problems exists in the Z10.
    Me too, though honestly, what I'm seeing isn't really striking as any different than other launches of other OSes. It's why I'm never an early adopter of anything mobile. Stuff happens. Stuff gets fixed.

Apple confirms iOS 5 battery life problems, says a fix is coming | PhoneDog
    Nokia Lumia 800 update to fix audio and camera issues | Stuff magazine
    iPhone 4S Battery Headaches Persist for iOS 6.1.1 Users | Gadget Lab | Wired.com
    Major Exchange bug spotted in iOS 6
    Google Jelly Bean Bug Causes Defect in Android Apps | HOTforSecurity
    Microsoft will fix Windows Phone 8 restart bug in December | Digital Trends
    http://support.google.com/a/users/bi...&answer=139635

Also that BBRY has made some...interesting choices re: the old BBRY standby features that everyone loved.
    I would agree they made changes and it pissed some off. Not sure 'everyone' loved them though. Quite convinced that the user's of CrackBerry do not generally represent the typical smarpthone user on any platform or BlackBerry's 79 million customer base. ;-) Just the fact that we're interested enough to come in a forum to debate the merits of a phone relative to other phones is a lot more effort than my cousins, aunt, uncle (all of whom are BlackBerry users) would ever be bothered to do. ;-)
    mset likes this.
    02-22-13 06:57 PM
    the user's of CrackBerry do not generally represent the typical smarpthone user on any platform or BlackBerry's 79 million customer base.
    Yes, I always come back to that number, which is easily big enough to act as a launcher. If they can deliver a few solid products in a row and get the name back in the popular discussion, anything could happen. Look at AAPL's turnaround.

It's off-topic, but I am slightly surprised that BBRY don't have an active, posting presence in these forums.
    02-22-13 07:16 PM
    OP is ignorant.

Will continue to say "same defense as PlayBook" because he doesn't have anything to counter with.
    02-22-13 07:19 PM
    Yes, I always come back to that number, which is easily big enough to act as a launcher. If they can deliver a few solid products in a row and get the name back in the popular discussion, anything could happen. Look at AAPL's turnaround.
    Absolutely! I bought my first Mac when the 2nd generation iMac came out. At the time, there was no iPhone, iPod, or iPad. There were only about 25 million of us in the world. Now everything has grown substantially. The world in tech can change pretty quick. Personally, I think the company also grew too fast and then had trouble when the shift happened. They were "on top of the world" when the iPhone came out, yet at the end of the fiscal year that ended a few quarters before they had 6,000 employees worldwide, $3 billion in revenue for the year and 8 million BlackBerry users in the world. :-)

No doubt there's a bunch of right-sizing that can occur.

http://us.blackberry.com/content/dam...2007rim_ar.pdf

It's off-topic, but I am slightly surprised that BBRY don't have an active, posting presence in these forums.
    They have a strict anti-blogging policy. I think you can blog on official forums with training and with approval. I've worked in a few companies like that
    02-22-13 07:29 PM
    Having had the PlayBook since just after launch I do see some similarities, but the one that absolutely drives me crazy is the continuing story that things I want are coming, just be patient....

When I buy a Galaxy Note 2 I am not waiting on anything to come. In fact I sit in awe on what Samsung will surprise us with on the GS4.
    02-22-13 07:34 PM
    This is a Troll thread, nothing more. OP has a short history on Crackberry, and virtually every single post has been Trollish in nature.

No reasonable person would expect perfection in any device, let alone one launched on a brand new OS. No reasonable person would come to a product fan site and NOT expect fans that are genuinely thrilled with the product, to not come to its defence if it's being slagged for minor imperfections.

Assuming the OP is on the up and up - and not some agent provocateur with an ulterior motive, what could he hope to gain by starting a thread like this? Would he hope that hundreds on this site suddenly put down our Z10s and begin to question if it's maybe peer pressure that makes us like the device? Or maybe agree that yes, the Z10 is just like the Playbook and will fail miserabley, and rush to return our phones while we still have a chance?

Bottom line - satisfaction levels are high....as high as for the S3 and the iphone5 based on satisfaction surveys from the major cell carriers.....sales, based on most metrics, remain solid. And trolls, whatever their motivation, continue to linger.
    02-22-13 07:39 PM
    Where are you quoting the $139... 3yr
    BIS would still be around in some form or shape. The company eliminated one of the great features in its war chest. That means nothing in the developed world, but why would someone in S.A., Nigeria, Indonesia automatically upgrade to a battery pull OS, when you can get anything else because data costs are all the same.
    BIS still exists for BlackBerry OS 5/6/7 smartphones which is the market BlackBerry wants in the underdeveloped countries. The BlackBerry Z10 is not meant for these countries at the moment as Thorsten clearly stated.

Posted via CB10 on the BlackBerry Z10
    02-22-13 08:00 PM
    I enjoyed being an early adopter of the BlackBerry PlayBook and experiencing the development of the tablet. That said, I hope the BlackBerry Z10 improves more quickly than the tablet from a software perspective. The BlackBerry 10 is the only comeback opportunity and will influence the fate of the company known as BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10 on the BlackBerry Z10
    02-22-13 08:11 PM
    This is a Troll thread, nothing more. OP has a short history on Crackberry, and virtually every single post has been Trollish in nature.

No reasonable person would expect perfection in any device, let alone one launched on a brand new OS. No reasonable person would come to a product fan site and NOT expect fans that are genuinely thrilled with the product, to not come to its defence if it's being slagged for minor imperfections.

Assuming the OP is on the up and up - and not some agent provocateur with an ulterior motive, what could he hope to gain by starting a thread like this? Would he hope that hundreds on this site suddenly put down our Z10s and begin to question if it's maybe peer pressure that makes us like the device? Or maybe agree that yes, the Z10 is just like the Playbook and will fail miserabley, and rush to return our phones while we still have a chance?

Bottom line - satisfaction levels are high....as high as for the S3 and the iphone5 based on satisfaction surveys from the major cell carriers.....sales, based on most metrics, remain solid. And trolls, whatever their motivation, continue to linger.
    Troll i am not, asking a simple question after reviewing the Playbook launch and how much the comments, issues, market (read investing) and tech community respond to the device.

As for brand new OS... this is the reboot of the Playbook software as stated by Blackberry. That was the trail run, this was supposed to be show time. As I stated earlier, if you still have issues with the OS, launch the Z10 as a mid range phone so people have something more polished to look forward to in a flagship device.

As for satisfaction levels, what are you referencing for the Z10. The only people buying a new device are early adopters so of course the survey will be skewed... the iPhone & SG3 have wide adoption so you can get a decent distribution of REAL reviews.

Again, what are these metrics you're sighting? I'm on these boards everyday and based on the various issues from lost wifi, to no apps, to poorly loaded apps to basic functionality missing to dying battery to Instowhoo as a replacement for Instagram i'd say satisfaction is..... real high!
    02-22-13 08:22 PM
    Have to totally agree. While I am happy with my z10 I have little faith BlackBerry will provide needed upgrades in a reasonable time frame. Let's be honest the phone was more then a year late being released. You really think a company that has half the employees it had during the initial development stage is really going to be able to give us timely updates? No way - this will be exactly like the PlayBook in that regard. OS 2.0 was way way to late. Heh I have been a BlackBerry user since day one but I sold my stock in early Feb. Really think this company is going the nortel route.

Posted via CB10
    02-22-13 09:04 PM
    While you can relate the similar issues, there is one huge glaring difference. Phones are a very different market. People can live without tablets, for most it's a 'luxury' item and not needed. People need their phones.
    greatwiseone and Vorkosigan like this.
    02-22-13 11:29 PM
    Having had the PlayBook since just after launch I do see some similarities, but the one that absolutely drives me crazy is the continuing story that things I want are coming, just be patient.... When I buy a Galaxy Note 2 I am not waiting on anything to come. In fact I sit in awe on what Samsung will surprise us with on the GS4.
    Bollocks. Android and more specifically, Samsung is one of the worst offenders of not offering timely updates. The multi-window update for the Note 2 was out in other regions a long time ago and folks in the U.S. and Canada only just recently got it. Nevermind the fact the original Note (Intl N7000) just got their update, IT WAS ANNOUNCED IN DECEMBER! They waited so long, Samsung launched the second iteration of the phone with the updated OS lol.

I've had many Android devices and always I've ended up needing to root in order to get timely updates. I'm not saying BlackBerry is any better but don't be delusional -- you may not be waiting anything right now on the Note 2 but that's because right now it's one of the two top Samsung devices. Even the hardest core of hard core Android users will tell you that.

When the next thing comes along, Sammy will drop you like a rock and then you'll be waiting....and that's if you're lucky and Sammy even offers an update.
    greatwiseone, Vorkosigan and web99 like this.
    02-22-13 11:35 PM

By and large this forum seems to be mainly populated by first-world middle-aged white males - are we actually blackberry's core userbase those days? My 12 and 13 year old niece use their blackberry devices a lot but they don't seem to have much interest in joining crackberry...
    02-23-13 04:26 AM
    That said, I hope the BlackBerry Z10 improves more quickly than the tablet from a software perspective.
    That reminded me of a another big difference. I haven't seen Thorsten come out and say anything is ludicrous as this.

BlackBerry PlayBook Getting E-Mail App Within 60 Days

I wonder if the engineers working on the mail client donned masks and jumped Jim in the parking lot after he said that ...
    02-23-13 08:52 AM
  15. world traveler and former ceo's Avatar
    no comparison at all! .... bb Z10 is an amazing product .. and is being rolled out world wide .. with great demand in all countries to date.... good percentage of buyers non - blackberry owners ... do comparison at all to Playbook Launch
    BlackStormRising likes this.
    02-23-13 08:57 AM
    no comparison at all! .... bb Z10 is an amazing product .. and is being rolled out world wide .. with great demand in all countries to date.... good percentage of buyers non - blackberry owners ... do comparison at all to Playbook Launch
    I'm not saying that you are wrong about the Z10 but I recall you being one of the people who never acknowledged any problems with PlayBook. So, you're biased but in an anti troll kind of way - still not to be trusted just like the Trolls in this thread should be ignored.

Posted via CB10
    JeepBB likes this.
    02-23-13 09:28 AM
    Heh-heh... I reckon they do!

They may not be official BBRY posters, but I've seen many posts (especially post-BB10 launch event) from folks who clearly have significant inside knowledge of the Z10 beyond what I would expect from even a very-techie mere user. I've seen one particularly well-informed poster go from zero to over 800 posts in a couple of weeks!
    02-23-13 09:53 AM
    If z10 is tracking PlayBook, I'd like to buy a bunch of brand new Z10 for 100 a piece off contract!

Posted via CB10
    BlackStormRising likes this.
    02-23-13 10:04 AM
    100$ apiece? Not very confident the Z10 will turn BB around are you. The Z10 is a great phone but not much else. Where's skype... What's app.... even full yahoo? Before anyone says wait its a new OS remember we have already waited nearly two years for this phone that still needs more then just a tweak in the OS and does not offer even comparable features. I do not expect any major apps being released before the US roll out and further it is doubtful there will be any substanial OS upgrade anytime soon. Sure its nice to hope but reality and past performance of BB make the chance of a great outcome very very low.
    02-23-13 07:39 PM
    Where are you quoting the $139... 3yr contract... data caps? The Z10 is priced at the same level as the iPhone 5 & GS3. And priced higher off contract in the UK.

If BB planed on doing things differently they would have offered the Z10 as the middle tier phone and priced as such $99. Allow the early adopters the opportunity for something immediately new. Use that base to offer a flagship device that compares to the competition now as well as insulate themselves from many of the naysayers when you have a new phone in your back pocket.

The Z10 is using the guts of the GS3, the GS4 is a couple months from launch. The HTC One is already up for pre-order globally and has specs that best the Z10 as well as other phones.

BIS would still be around in some form or shape. The company eliminated one of the great features in its war chest. That means nothing in the developed world, but why would someone in S.A., Nigeria, Indonesia automatically upgrade to a battery pull OS, when you can get anything else because data costs are all the same.

Because someone dissents doesn't make them a short seller. I got behind BB (stock) from following these forums since the summer 2012. But the comments echo the Playbook launch in so many ways; fan forums does not equal echo chamber.
    Just another armchair CEO. And a troll. The 2 devices don't even compare stop trying to get a rise out of people.
    02-23-13 08:46 PM
    Just another armchair CEO. And a troll. The 2 devices don't even compare stop trying to get a rise out of people.
    Aren't we all armchair CEO's. Most people here or any dedicated fan site will say what a company can/should do; what's your point?

The launch of the 2 devices are tracking... I realize the devices are different but their launch arch is tracking along the same path. The proof of a difference will be crystallized when 3/28 earning sales are released & the outlook for future orders are released... Similar to the playbook, something like 500k "shipped" & then watching as future orders get revised down.

Speaking of tracking isn't dropping BIS on the order of magnitude (if not greater) than the playbook launching w/o mail & the need to tether phone to tablet?
    02-23-13 09:51 PM
    The way things are going for February , my estimate :
    1. UK France and Europe sales in one month : will it be over 500k? Doubtable
    2. Africa/MEA : 100k? Still possible but not more than 200k
    3. Asia : 0 unit
    4. USA: 0 unit, unless anyone buys off 1000$
    5. Black market/ internet unit : 10,000

So if February actual sales is over a million, i will be very surprised. 500k for first month sounds realistic.

Posted via CB10
    02-23-13 10:09 PM
    The arch seems to be trending the same:

� The press is mixed, but mostly positive;
    The PlayBook never had positive press except for crackberry. Still doesn't IMO.
    � Crashes, freezes;
    Crashing and freezing was never a PB issue neither is it a Z10. Of course there are 1 off cases as with any other electronic device however it is not a wide-spread issue.
    � Most of the apps are still ported;
    We are talking about 'at launch' right? The Android player was not available on the PB until several months after
    � Availability limited or no show in the US;
    The PB was available in the US day 1
    � Claims that QNX is the best and powers nuclear power stations even though the phone requires battery pulls
    Battery pulls on the PB

Here�s a link to the Playbook Forum... tell me how this doesn�t track Z10... practically comment for comment. Read every 100 pages or so to get the flavor:

BlackBerry PlayBook - BlackBerry Forums at CrackBerry.com

I see way too many similarities than I do differences. I hope I�m wrong come 3/28 when earnings are announced.
    meltbox360 likes this.
    02-23-13 10:20 PM
    While you can relate the similar issues, there is one huge glaring difference. Phones are a very different market. People can live without tablets, for most it's a 'luxury' item and not needed. People need their phones.
    This is the point I was going to make. That and the OP is trolling hard.
    02-24-13 01:09 AM
    People needs phones and it better be good and battery lives a working day otherwise it may backfire-see what happens with 9860 or storms?
    Similar battery life to other smartphones if not better.

Posted via CB10
    02-24-13 01:19 AM
148 12345 ...